NBA 2k11

Remove this Banner Ad

Put durability to 99.

I was getting sick of picking up niggling injuries as well.

Have only played 65 games in each of my two seasons. First season a big 8 week injury cost me the MVP, the second season, plenty of little niggles, still managed to pick up the MVP.

Oh, and coincidentally, in my first season, 2k predicted a Heat v Mavs finals series, with Mavs winning. Omen?

Interesting to note I have had them 2 face of twice in a couple of my various association modes. I think its Mavs 1 Heat 1 for me. Bulls**t that Heat make the Finals in pretty much every season of every mode. :mad:

In my 2nd seasons first with the bulls, We some how managed to get the Pacers in the Eastern conference final.
I bumped the difficulty up to Superstar for the first couple of finals and then ragged and turned it down to All-star because they didn't miss a ****ing shot!

Yeah, you've just got to ride it out and accept that the opposition will go on long hot streaks where they just dont miss.

Try and guard all five players or get abusive on the steal, patrolling passing lanes and making sure no big men get into the low post.

Call lots of TOs when they get on a run. 4-5 straight makes. TO. You miss 4-5 in a row. TO. Momentum is huge in 2k11

Call lots of TOs when they get on a run. 4-5 straight makes. TO. You miss 4-5 in a row. TO. Momentum is huge in 2k11

I agree. If my team gets on an 8-0 run or better as soon as the other team makes a basket, I'll call timeout. The CPU does it to my team and it works, so I figure it works against the CPU as well.

Facing Lakers in the playoffs again. Super Kobe is ridiculous. I had to drop 78 points to beat them last night. Kobe sunk 40 and we ended up winning by 30 odd. Have managed to block Kobe three times in each game on help defense. Including a chase-down block that had me telling Kobe to kindly "suck it sir" :D

Well, I didnt need to sink 78, but they had an injured Steve Blake and Old Man Fisher guarding me. They need to be abused. Didn't really have to cheese too much, just used picks and isolations to get free. Shot 70% and 60% from the 3 pt line.

If we dont win the championship this year, I'll pack it in and maybe create a new player. Have won the MVP and playing as a 99 is a little boring. Or just wait until 2k12. Surely that isn't too far away?

Yeah. 2k have a really good foundation for MP. Now they just need to round it out with little features that really make the package great.

One thing I'd like to see is when you're doing really well, running the offense and able to call plays is being able to make coaching decisions such as deciding who matches up on who and being able to recall the starting lineup if you need to.

Trailing the Heat 3-2 in the Finals and going back to Miami having dropped two in Portland, but we dominate the final frame in game 6 to win 97-80 and force game 7. My PG twisted his ankle (again) so I'll be limping around on D-Wade who's playing the point for 40mins per game.

98-83 in game 7 and the Blazers are NBA champs! A handy 32 pts (7-9 from downtown), 12rebs, 14asts from my player to lock up Finals MVP. (difficulty up time)

Had the option to stay with Blazers or go to Celtics, Jazz or Rockets. Celtics were tempting but I would've been riding the bench backing up Rondo, meh. Stayed with the Blazers to defend the title.

Lost Oden, Andre Miller, T-Mac and Mills in free agency,; picked up Azubuike, Delonte West and Mbah a Moute. Would've liked Oden to stay and start over Camby, but he went to GSW for 5 yrs/$70 mil - he even played every game this season, albeit off the bench.

PG: My Player / West
SG: Roy / Azubuike / Fernandez
SF: Wallace / Batum / Mbah a Moute
PF: Aldridge / Love
C: Camby / rookie

I find the rookie centres ridiculously easy to pick in association mode, if you get anyone over 7'2" you know they're good for rebounds & blocks & can shoot open looks and there's normally 4 or 5 of them every draft.
IRL there just aren't that many really big guys (apart from spuds)

Had the most amazing game the other day against Portland in association. had a 14-4 run in the last 2 min to win the game by 2. I just kept on stealing the ball, and scored a last sec FG to win the game.

My young Piston team is going to the finals for the first time i have been playing it(it is 4 years in). Basically tanked for the first 2 years, got rid of Prince, Wallace etc for draft picks, and now have so many good "regens", and other good young players in the team. (Evan Turner, Monroe, Kevin Love).

I have never not made finals in a second year.
Even if you mess things completely, there's always guns in FA. Always.

Normally, to start, I'll trade out everyone good for picks, trade in picks & duds on huge $ short term contracts for OK guys on low $; and end up with as bad a starting 5 as possible, tank for pick 1, then get 3-4 guns in the draft and a gun in FA and you're set.

Should have made it last year to be honest(got Turner as FA), but started the season 1-10. Took a while for the new team to click, but finished alright at 11-18 with key injures in the last 8 games or so. Think im 14-9 atm.

i got pick 4 in my first year, and then decided to trade Gordon and Vill(huge money) for the number 1 pick(who is now a star). So i had an improving young team, which was still rubbish in the 2nd year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made a new association, Warriors, made about 20 trades in the first year to give me 9 first rounders.
Only original player left is Curry, got Thomas for nothing too (rubbish old player + 2nd round pick).

Anyone want to play against me online now or later

pm or reply back.

Shame that you cant just play online against anyone, you have to get an invite biggest gripe with this game :thumbsdown:

Oh PSN name is xStriider-

My ps3 online Isn't working for this. Anyone else having this problem?

Just started an Association with the Celtics. Traded away the dead wood in Big Baby, Murphy, Arroyo, Pavlovic, Wafer and Krstic and a few draft picks.

PG: Rondo / West / Bradley
SG: Allen / Redick
SF: Pierce / Wright
PF: Garnett / Green
C: S O'Neal / Blatche / J O'Neal

Plus I got first round picks from the Cavs and Magic.

Thankyou, 2K trade system.

Had an awesome moment in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. Up 3-2 against Denver. Down by 6. Sink a 3 with 13 seconds to go. Inbound pass, I manage to tip, then steal, take the ball out to the perimeter, quick screen, sink the 3, forcing overtime. Biggest lounge-room celebrations I've ever had.

Finals time against the Heat (most probably, they're locked on 3-3 against Indiana Pacers atm).

Our team is ****ed atm. Ibaka is injured, Oden is out, we have no size so I'm starting on the bench with Westbrook and Sefalosha at 1 and 2 (this is despite me being the MVP and the number one player in the league) and then I'm playing half the game at the 2. Struggling to adjust with moving without the ball. But I'm a team player. Anything for a ring :D

Had an awesome moment in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals. Up 3-2 against Denver. Down by 6. Sink a 3 with 13 seconds to go. Inbound pass, I manage to tip, then steal, take the ball out to the perimeter, quick screen, sink the 3, forcing overtime. Biggest lounge-room celebrations I've ever had.

[YOUTUBE]nieBAq8FQYE[/YOUTUBE]

Oh man, just went to town on Miami in game one of the finals. Wasn't even trying to score, but dropped 65 points, 10 rebounds, 15 assists. Westbrook had the ball in his hands a fair bit and I managed to cut for quite a few alley-oops.

Mario Chalmers is a weak link in this game.

2k developers have this game nailed. Lebron didn't show up in game one either :p

Just downloaded the latest roster updates including the draft and trades.. Absolutely awesome to get a feel for what the rosters might be like next season.

Started MP mode with a 7'2 centre but got drafted to the bulls and languishing behind Noah. Crawford from Denver absolutely torched us and Biyombo is top ten in blocks per game. Williams is looking likely for the ROY award but i think they overrated Rubio..

how do you download the rosters?

does it hapen automatically when signed in?

Have to go online through it and load someones draft class. It is not the legitimate one produced by 2K but a user has made the draft class and adjusted ratings to each team etc. Just go for the top rated usually and choose the one with the most downloads! Then once downloaded you have to 'load roster' prior to starting a my player or association etc.

Good luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back