Multiplat NBA 2K17

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone had the error where their MyCareer/MyLeague crashes every time? (error code: ce-34878-0)

My MyLeague is crashing every time and I was just about to start my second year with this sweet T-Wolves roster:

Dunn/Ball(top 10 pick)
Lavine/Redick
Wiggins/Korver
Towns/Bjelica
Gobert/Dieng/J.Hill

I haven't played one of those in years.

What's the difference between the two?
They're basically two varying versions of association mode from previous 2Ks.

MyGm you get more interactions with players, coaches etc, you control prices of things, an owner can fire you and give you instructions on how to run the team. You only control one team and can't do much if the other teams start doing stupid stuff.

MyLeague is basically the same minus the interactions and owner stuff. But you can control 30 teams, relocate/rebrand heaps of teams, you can take control of a team to fix things, you can veto trades etc.

Basically if you're more into realism and you get tired of the dumb stuff the CPU does, MyLeague is for you.

If you want to feel like an actual GM only able to control what your team does, MyGM is decent.

I played a fair bit of MyGM last year, but the constant interactions with players and coaches get really frustrating.

* MyTeam.

Can't get past the Rockets because of ******* Harden and Nene.

And my team is pretty decent, but they always keep missing wide open shots.

* this game.

Ruby Shaq is the answer to all problems.

BACK DEM SUM BITCHES DOWN AND DUNK ON DEM!
I would, but I can't afford super awesome cards.

My lineup at the moment is (the 10 I use):

PG: Jay Williams (82), Tyronn Lue (78)
SG: Steve Smith (84), Khris Middleton (78), Danny Green (73)
SF: Andre Iguodala (81), Giannis Antetokounmpo (79)
PF: Phil Jackson (82), Julius Randle (74)
C: Hassan Whiteside (79)

Iggy is a trail card, which only has 3 contracts left, and I have PG13 and Steph Curry, but they're also trial cards with 3 contracts left and I don't want to use them just yet.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, I JUST BLOCKED A RUNNING DUNK ATTEMPT FROM DEANDRE JORDAN IN MYCAREER.

Get that weak stuff outta here, DJ!

**** MyTeam.

Can't get past the Rockets because of ******* Harden and Nene.

And my team is pretty decent, but they always keep missing wide open shots.

**** this game.
i strangely found it the easiest. just completely shut down harden and they basically crumbled from there.

i strangely found it the easiest. just completely shut down harden and they basically crumbled from there.
I tried that, then Nene would ALWAYS get his shots in, or if he didn't, he'd get fouled by Whiteside.

Beverly also sunk a lot of shots. So did Anderson. And when Capela/Capala? came on, he would out-rebound everyone. :/

Coming home after a long day with the idea of switching off and immersing yourself in the life of a fictional basketball player with an overbearing mother and being confronted with a 7 gig update instead is not my idea of a good time.

Smell my cheese!

Caved in and bought a bunch of VC to get a couple of boxes. Here is my lineup now.

PG: Jason Terry (83), Jay Williams (82)
SG: Steve Smith (84), Damian Lillard (81)
SF: LeBron James (85), Klay Thompson (83)
PF: Robert Horry (84), Phil Jackson (82)
C: DeMarcus Cousins (83), Tree Rollins (81)

Just DESTROYED the Rockets with that team. Terry with Limitless Range killed them. Cousins with Hustle Rebounder was a beast inside. LeBron was LeBron. Awwww yeah.

They're basically two varying versions of association mode from previous 2Ks.

MyGm you get more interactions with players, coaches etc, you control prices of things, an owner can fire you and give you instructions on how to run the team. You only control one team and can't do much if the other teams start doing stupid stuff.

MyLeague is basically the same minus the interactions and owner stuff. But you can control 30 teams, relocate/rebrand heaps of teams, you can take control of a team to fix things, you can veto trades etc.

Basically if you're more into realism and you get tired of the dumb stuff the CPU does, MyLeague is for you.

If you want to feel like an actual GM only able to control what your team does, MyGM is decent.

I played a fair bit of MyGM last year, but the constant interactions with players and coaches get really frustrating.
I played MyGM last game and agree, the constant interactions drove me nuts.

Ended up starting a MyLeague season last night. Put 6 custom teams in (Philadelphia Eagles, New York Mets, Tune Squad, Seattle Supersonics, Vancouver Grizzlies and Arsenal) and chose to user team 3 of them. Did a fantasy draft with legends included and simmed the draft.

Can definitely tell this is where I'll be spending all my time on this game! Watching Shaq (Trail Blazers) go up against Shaq (Philly Eagles) was brilliant haha. Iverson also landed at the Eagles which is cool. He's great to use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we could edit the ages of legends for MyLeague. I chucked in all the legends last year and it seemed pretty cool.

Might give it a proper crack this year. Wish they'd let us use Barkley.

I wish we could edit the ages of legends for MyLeague. I chucked in all the legends last year and it seemed pretty cool.

Might give it a proper crack this year. Wish they'd let us use Barkley.
That was the only problem with the legends, they were all over 30!

But I figure I'm using 3 different teams, chances are I won't get to 6 seasons down the track once they're all retiring.

Finally have a team I really enjoy in MyTeam.

Starters:

PG: Doc Rivers (86)
SG: Steve Smith (84)
SF: LeBron James (85)
PF: Robert Horry (84)
C: Andrew Bogut (83)

Bench:

SG: Quentin Richardson (84)
PG: Jason Terry (83)
SG: Klay Thompson (83)
C: DeMarcus Cousins (83)
PF: Phil Jackson (82)
PG: Jay Williams (82)
C: Tree Rollins (81)
PG: Damian Lillard (81)

I also have some decent backup cards incase I get injuries or run out of contracts (which is unlikely)

PG: Tony Parker (83)
PF: Blake Griffin (80)
SG: Dwayne Wade (80)
PG: Steph Curry (90, trial)
SF: Paul George (95, trial)
SF: Andre Iguodala (81, trial)

And some others.

Has a nice shot on him as well. Just so obvious when he grabs the rebound and turns to break haha.
Also good at finishing alley-oops. Especially since I gave Doc Rivers the lob city passer badge and Horry the lob city finisher badge. :p

On a 6 game streak in mypark and I've been frozen out the whole time, I'm all about the W though heh

The amount of advertising crammed into MyCareer is ridiculous.

Organising for Justice (awful name) to come to my house to play games (guess what, NBA 2k...) and the conversation is essentially:

"Make sure you bring the Gatorade"
"Water? Yeah I'll bring the water..."
"No! Gatorade! Gatorade!"

This occurs with a giant Gatorade advertisement on the gym wall in the background. Fairly cringe.

The worst though was when I received a text out of the blue asking if I was playing WWE 2k17, and that the career mode was particularly good.

In fact, the text messages are all fairly cringe and a waste of time.

I like most aspects of career mode but I'd rather have it streamlined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back