Multiplat NBA 2K21

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck. A lot of guards that play this game don't understand how rotations work and will crash offensive boards while their opponent cherry picks.

They need to nerf the full court passes, the cherry picking is incredible.

Also big men that can't finish or defend or rebound need to be shot, just had one guy keep spamming the spin move and missed every one.

I feel like I'm spending more time in the Auction House, buying and selling players I need for various challenges than actually playing the game! Which I don't really mind, I'm getting them cheap and selling them for a bit more. Not a huge amount more but I'm completing the challenges and getting some coin back in the process.

I've done 3 out of the 5 spotlight challenges now and just had to buy 5 GSW players for the next one. I probably bought Curry for slightly too much (36k), I don't think I can get my money back. Made 3k on Amy AD though.

Amy Harden has been great for me. If I'm in trouble I just get it to him and drive right through.

They need to nerf the full court passes, the cherry picking is incredible.

Also big men that can't finish or defend or rebound need to be shot, just had one guy keep spamming the spin move and missed every one.
What build are you playing with? Inside finishing is really hard because of the way the contest system works.

What build are you playing with? Inside finishing is really hard because of the way the contest system works.

I've got a mid-range slasher SG, I have no issues finishing given I've got the HOF contact finisher badge.

The dude I played with was just s**t and couldn't time or aim his shot.

For some reason historic domination 3 stars is only superstar after domination was HOF. I don't understand why but whatever. It would have been so much more newbie friendly the other way around (another one of their quality decisions this year). Personally playing against the all-star teams on HOF was the closest thing I've had to fun in this mode so far because I had to pay attention but everything else has been a grind.

Shooting is still ****ed on superstar lol. 91' Bulls are the only team to get within 40 of me from the first division. Yep I'm already bored of it being too easy after coming down a difficulty. The sweet spot for me I think would be HOF with un*ed jump shooting and better finishing against contests at the rim (especially bigs against guards).

Boosting the evos (especially the ones that need 3's) was a chore like last year but I've managed to grind it out and have boosted the 2 domination reward guys I have so far (Rondo is a beast for a ruby). Triple threat is very easy to get what stats I want for boosting and xp otherwise now I've figured out how to cheese the AI on every possession. Just played on pro weekly challenge games for the 3's but still shot like ass.

I've figured out how to cheese the AI on every possession.
How? I can win other games on Pro and All-Star but I'm still getting completely raped in Triple Threat. I have like 6 wins out of 30-40 attempts (though mostly using it to grind XP for particular players). I usually get to about 16 points and then the bullshit starts and I lose.

How? I can win other games on Pro and All-Star but I'm still getting completely raped in Triple Threat. I have like 6 wins out of 30-40 attempts (though mostly using it to grind XP for particular players). I usually get to about 16 points and then the bullshit starts and I lose.

Let me preface this by saying that this is my experience (about 150 games through triple threat, done the 1000 last year) and may take some getting used to but I don't lose at all even with s**t evo cards.

Understanding the AI is the first step The first thing you need to know is how the AI selects their team. They will use a card within one colour tier of each of your selected players. For example if you select emerald Whiteside they will select either a gold, emerald or sapphire card (they did match one of my rubies with a diamond the other day but its rare). They will randomly pick which position their players are. You could end up playing as 3 sapphire guards against 3 ruby forwards or just as likely 3 emerald guards.

The shortest player will always be your small/PG regardless of position. So if you select a 6'7 C (Harrell), 6'9 SF (Stojakovic) and a 6'8 PF (Parker) as examples, Harrell will by default guard their primary ball handler while Stojakovic would guard their "big". Height does matter when selecting your squad.

Based on this my advice when selecting your squad is to pick the tallest most athletic players you can from the lowest card tier your comfortable with. Slow players are pretty much worthless because the amount of space there is. Don't play your amethysts/diamonds unless you're comfortable because you will be matched up against elite players. Personally I use sapphires or lower unless I'm farming stats with certain players for challenges.

If your struggling on D or have bad match ups let their worst shooter shoot 3s. In my experience most '20 players don't have badges and miss 75% of their attempts if their 3pt rating is sub 78 or so but they will attempt open 3's regardless. Just lock on to whichever play is defending their worst shooter and protect the paint/crash the boards. If they happen to have 3 good shooters off ball on their easiest to defend player (poor ball handler, slower etc). For the most part you can get away with hands up defense instead of jumping to try and block around the rim (holding up on the right stick instead of pressing triangle/Y). If you're good at playing on ball D just do it instead as off balling is a bad habit to fall into for other modes when you need to be good at on ball D.

Don't shoot any jump shots from more than 15ft away from the rim and only then if you're completely uncovered and its a good shooter. Shooting is way less reliable then scoring at the rim.

I score easily in 3 different ways.

Just a tip for scoring. Start your layup/dunk animation as close to the rim as possible. The Ai is better at defending this year and will challenge you more effectively the further out your start your animation. Even PG's will force great finishers to miss at the rim this year. The finishing wont be as flashy but less margin for error the closer you are to the rim.

Beat the defense down the floor/use dribble moves. Its 3v3 so there is a lot of space and not much help defense. Usually a cross over or spin move can open up a lane pretty easily so master the right stick. It really helps if the ball handler has high speed with ball and ball handling abilities. Animations matter too, play around with a few players and work out which dribble moves are creating more space. One that is simple but effective for me is Ben Simmons' crossover. If you have DWade his behind the back move creates a ton of space. Just 2 of many examples.
From a def rebound or turnover always look for a long pass to a streaking player and look to beat the D down the floor, do this and go hard at the rim. Really important to use fast players for this reason, easy buckets.
Primarily though just stay aggressive in transition and don't let the D get set as best you can.

Post moves.
This is the easiest cheesiest of the cheese. The AI normally selects at least one guard. If you pick three bigs you can exploit the Hell out of them. Make sure your other two guys are nowhere near the paint and post up against a small near the FT line. Use a post spin for an easy move to get around him and go directly at the rim for 2 points. So hold down L2/LT to post up and with the right stick do a half circle clockwise from right to left or anti clockwise from left to right. More often than not you will get someone you can exploit doing this.
You can force defenders to switch assignments by using the pick and roll button (LB/L1) if you want to exploit different match ups.

Pick and roll cheese.
This is my favourite thing to do to farm assists but is harder to master then the post cheese. I literally ran this play for 20 straight games to get Lowry 200 assists for his challenge. He'd get 11 assists per game without fail. Its also not easy to explain so bare with me.
You can get one of your team mates to run to the rim by holding triangle/Y. You will be able to move with the ball while your teammate runs directly to the rim.
You can call for a screen by using LB/L1.
So by combining these 2 things you can create space for your off ball team mates who can roll to the rim for an easy basket.
The idea is to set up with your ball handler either near a corner or 45 degree angle from the rim near the 3 point arc. Call for the screen and just as he is about set the screen have him roll to the rim. He will normally create one or two steps gap between the defender at which point you should release the triangle/Y button to release the pass. It works well if the roller is tall and fast (Simmons, Giannis, Durant etc). Its pretty hard to explain but if you play around with it enough you'll eventually find a variation to do it that works for you.
You'll find other uses for that roll button once you get the hang of using it.

My ideal line up is Ben Simmons, the most athletic sapphire or lower guy that is 6'11+ and a speedy ball handler whatever size/pos. I'll just burn contracts on players I have available to play with Ben based around those principles.

Let me preface this by saying that this is my experience (about 150 games through triple threat, done the 1000 last year) and may take some getting used to but I don't lose at all even with sh*t evo cards.

Understanding the AI is the first step The first thing you need to know is how the AI selects their team. They will use a card within one colour tier of each of your selected players. For example if you select emerald Whiteside they will select either a gold, emerald or sapphire card (they did match one of my rubies with a diamond the other day but its rare). They will randomly pick which position their players are. You could end up playing as 3 sapphire guards against 3 ruby forwards or just as likely 3 emerald guards.

The shortest player will always be your small/PG regardless of position. So if you select a 6'7 C (Harrell), 6'9 SF (Stojakovic) and a 6'8 PF (Parker) as examples, Harrell will by default guard their primary ball handler while Stojakovic would guard their "big". Height does matter when selecting your squad.

Based on this my advice when selecting your squad is to pick the tallest most athletic players you can from the lowest card tier your comfortable with. Slow players are pretty much worthless because the amount of space there is. Don't play your amethysts/diamonds unless you're comfortable because you will be matched up against elite players. Personally I use sapphires or lower unless I'm farming stats with certain players for challenges.

If your struggling on D or have bad match ups let their worst shooter shoot 3s. In my experience most '20 players don't have badges and miss 75% of their attempts if their 3pt rating is sub 78 or so but they will attempt open 3's regardless. Just lock on to whichever play is defending their worst shooter and protect the paint/crash the boards. If they happen to have 3 good shooters off ball on their easiest to defend player (poor ball handler, slower etc). For the most part you can get away with hands up defense instead of jumping to try and block around the rim (holding up on the right stick instead of pressing triangle/Y). If you're good at playing on ball D just do it instead as off balling is a bad habit to fall into for other modes when you need to be good at on ball D.

Don't shoot any jump shots from more than 15ft away from the rim and only then if you're completely uncovered and its a good shooter. Shooting is way less reliable then scoring at the rim.

I score easily in 3 different ways.

Just a tip for scoring. Start your layup/dunk animation as close to the rim as possible. The Ai is better at defending this year and will challenge you more effectively the further out your start your animation. Even PG's will force great finishers to miss at the rim this year. The finishing wont be as flashy but less margin for error the closer you are to the rim.

Beat the defense down the floor/use dribble moves. Its 3v3 so there is a lot of space and not much help defense. Usually a cross over or spin move can open up a lane pretty easily so master the right stick. It really helps if the ball handler has high speed with ball and ball handling abilities. Animations matter too, play around with a few players and work out which dribble moves are creating more space. One that is simple but effective for me is Ben Simmons' crossover. If you have DWade his behind the back move creates a ton of space. Just 2 of many examples.
From a def rebound or turnover always look for a long pass to a streaking player and look to beat the D down the floor, do this and go hard at the rim. Really important to use fast players for this reason, easy buckets.
Primarily though just stay aggressive in transition and don't let the D get set as best you can.

Post moves.
This is the easiest cheesiest of the cheese. The AI normally selects at least one guard. If you pick three bigs you can exploit the Hell out of them. Make sure your other two guys are nowhere near the paint and post up against a small near the FT line. Use a post spin for an easy move to get around him and go directly at the rim for 2 points. So hold down L2/LT to post up and with the right stick do a half circle clockwise from right to left or anti clockwise from left to right. More often than not you will get someone you can exploit doing this.
You can force defenders to switch assignments by using the pick and roll button (LB/L1) if you want to exploit different match ups.

Pick and roll cheese.
This is my favourite thing to do to farm assists but is harder to master then the post cheese. I literally ran this play for 20 straight games to get Lowry 200 assists for his challenge. He'd get 11 assists per game without fail. Its also not easy to explain so bare with me.
You can get one of your team mates to run to the rim by holding triangle/Y. You will be able to move with the ball while your teammate runs directly to the rim.
You can call for a screen by using LB/L1.
So by combining these 2 things you can create space for your off ball team mates who can roll to the rim for an easy basket.
The idea is to set up with your ball handler either near a corner or 45 degree angle from the rim near the 3 point arc. Call for the screen and just as he is about set the screen have him roll to the rim. He will normally create one or two steps gap between the defender at which point you should release the triangle/Y button to release the pass. It works well if the roller is tall and fast (Simmons, Giannis, Durant etc). Its pretty hard to explain but if you play around with it enough you'll eventually find a variation to do it that works for you.
You'll find other uses for that roll button once you get the hang of using it.

My ideal line up is Ben Simmons, the most athletic sapphire or lower guy that is 6'11+ and a speedy ball handler whatever size/pos. I'll just burn contracts on players I have available to play with Ben based around those principles.
This was a lot more detailed than I expected. Cheers! I'll have a play around with it. I have Simmons too.

On another note, this last playoff stopper challenge is a bitch! I got through the others fairly comfortably but this one is raping me.

NBA 2K21 Update 1.02 Patch Notes
General

nba 2k21 update 102 patch notes

'NBA 2K21' update 1.02 released Monday morning with shooting and crash fixes. Read the official patch notes below. 'NBA 2K21' is available now on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC and Stadia. Visual Concepts/2K Sports

• New Pro Stick Aiming/Shot Timing selector. On your first boot, you will now have the option to choose between using the new Pro Stick Aiming mechanic or the traditional Shot Timing mechanic. Your settings file will be updated with the appropriate selection. As always, you can visit your settings at any time to update your shooting preference.
  • Fixed several hangs that could happen when entering and exiting various game modes during the same session, or when idling out at certain areas.
  • Andrew Wiggins now appears with updated facial hair to more accurately represent his appearance.
Gameplay

• Enabled the ability to use Pro Stick Shot Aiming with the Shot Meter setting turned off.
  • Ideal Shot Aiming point now determined by how slowly or quickly the Pro Stick is initially deflected when starting a shot. A slow flick will move the ideal aim point to the left, while a fast flick will move the ideal point to the right, giving players more consistency with Pro Stick shooting.
  • Changed Ante Up to use competitive slider settings (more skill-based).
  • When the Shot Feedback setting is set to "OFF," players and opponents will no longer see Excellent Release (green light) animations.
  • Fixed unwanted fadeaway shots that were playing after immediately shooting out of certain dribble moves.
  • Improved standing dunk reliability when using the Pro Stick.
  • Disabled the double team indicator in an effort to clean up the on-screen UI based on community feedback.
  • Added the ability to shoot driving floaters from further away from the basket.
  • Moving Park dribble moves were remapped to "holds" on the Pro Stick, allowing continued use of Hard Stops with L2/LT after unlocking the Park Handles badge.
  • Cleaned up some animation pops in the dribble move system.
  • Fixed ball physics bugs when Shot Timing was set to Real Player %.
  • Toned down the effectiveness of the Lead to Basket pass feature to prevent exploits.

MyCAREER

• Fixed a Pro Am 3v3 hang that was being reported by the community.
  • Fixed a hang that some users reported when entering/exiting the Cages.
  • Addressed a case where some users reported loss of control of their MyPLAYER during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue in MyCOURT where the player was unable to finish some mini-games with certain NBA players as AI.
  • Fixed a hang that could happen at the start of a 3-on-3 game in MyCOURT.
  • Fixed an issue where fan growth in Park games was not properly accumulating.
  • Addressed an issue where custom shoes were sometimes not showing up properly on other players in the Beach.
  • Fixed a hang that some users reported when transitioning between Beach instances.
  • Users will now receive the correct scene after winning the College Championship.
MyTEAM

• Fixed a hang that would occur if the user was tracking an expired Agenda.
  • Fixed an issue where the progress bar would fail to show progress on the Agenda Tracker.
  • Fixed user interface issues when applying and upgrading badges to player cards.
MyLEAGUE / MyGM

• 2K Share Content (Draft Classes/Players/Rosters) should now properly function when accessed.
  • Tuning improvements to Player Progression, based on community feedback. With our new "Boom or Bust" system, player progression/regression has been completely re-written for 2K21 to provide a level of dynamism such that players will follow different career arcs in different playthroughs.
  • Addressed a MyLEAGUE item where the user would hang when selecting the Save As option after previously accessing the shared save list.
More info (from Gameplay Director Mike Wang on Twitter)

• Target window for shot aiming depends on how quickly you move RS to start a shot. Slow flick = left, fast flick = right. So it's under your control now. You can also use shot aiming with meter off for a small boost.
  • Park moves off the drive are now mapped to RS holds, like the cross or behind back escapes when standing. Try flicking and releasing the RS for regular crosses/behind backs if you're accidentally getting park moves. LT/L2 will give you hard stops like you're used to.
  • You can shoot driving floaters from further away from the hoop (similar to 2K20.) If you want the pull-ups you were getting pre-patch, center the left stick before hitting the shot button/Pro Stick.
  • Nerf to fades is NOT in this patch but will be coming in patch 1.03, which is still in active development. Anklebreakers should work better today, but the full fix for them will also come in patch 1.03.
As far as gameplay-centric adjustments are concerned, the biggest changes coming to NBA 2K21 as a result of this new patch revolve around shooting. Starting with the basics, it makes sense to have players manually select between Pro Stick Aiming and more traditional methods upon first boot. At the very least, putting the choice in a more upfront location lets newcomers know that shooting might feel different as they begin their opening games.

For those who've taken the time to learn how Shot Aiming works, the new flick-based indicator should also aid in acclimation to the new system, as it allows players to be able to better predict where the ideal shot point will be rather than having it seemingly show up in a random spot like it had been before. And on the other side of the equation, fades can no longer be abused by griefers who were getting instant whites even when their shot aiming and timing were off. In that sense, while NBA 2K21 version 1.02 tries to make shooting more understandable, it also protects the game's increased skill ceiling against those trying to dismantle it.

Elsewhere in the patch, fans can expect the odd assortment of crash fixes and undocumented VC glitch adjustments designed to make farming premium currency more difficult than it previously was. Despite the delay in getting these notes posted, today's update does go a long way toward addressing some of the most glaring community concerns both large and small. There's still plenty of work to be done to make NBA 2K21 an ideal gameplay experience, but update 1.02 hopefully makes the situation better to varying degrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried that last Playoff Stoppers challenge again. Was 14 points up and the end of the first quarter, then the rubberbanding kicked in and by half way through the third I was 15 points down. It just slowly got worse, second quarter I could still make some shots, by the third Walton would teleport half way across the court to block all my shots and they'd sink everything, challenged or not. I rage quit at that point. If you want it to be hard, set it to HoF, don't set it as All-Star and change the ******* difficulty half way through just because I'm winning. I'm getting sick of this bullshit. It's not fun whatsoever.

still cant make a jump shot on hall of fame domination difficulty unless i get a green release. yeah cool.

teammate cpu defensively seems to have somehow gotten dumber. seems to be a competition as to how many open 3's these idiots can raffle off between them.

This was called a charging foul against Jordan. Granted, I was up 30 with 30 seconds to go, but lol. Not even LeBron could flop that much.

Well, I ****ed up. Put bids on about 5 Ruby Lillards last night at around 8.5k thinking I could sell them for 10k each (which he was going for last night), log on this morning and he's going for under 7k. I probably got them for closer to 7k in the end, but I'm still going to lose money from this. Lesson learned I guess, don't do aggressive AH buying and selling so close to new pack releases.

I wanted a Ruby Lillard anyway so just losing money on the 4 others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back