Unofficial Preview NEAFL Sydney v Cola Canberra Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman being promoted is a good call. I believe we could already promote someone from the rookie list before Parker got hurt but now surely we need to get someone up given he'll be on LTI list and Newman could come straight in on a HBF for Laidler.

If Heeney has a broken rib as grimlock is suggesting, he'd surely miss next week too which would suck. He's utterly fearless, probably to his detriment.

If we lose all of Parker, Heeney and Laidler next week and still can't get a fit McGlynn or Franklin back on the field, we'll have a very tough time of beating GWS. If those two aren't fit, Jones will get a call up from the 2's I imagine and then it would probably be out of Rose or Towers to play in the forward line.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact he is playing midfield in the reserves as a indicator that he will do the same in the seniors. Plenty of players play midfield in the reserves that rarely ended up there in the seniors - Everitt Malceski Morton Smith just to name a few

I wouldn't read too much into the fact he is playing midfield in the reserves as a indicator that he will do the same in the seniors. Plenty of players play midfield in the reserves that rarely ended up there in the seniors - Everitt Malceski Morton Smith just to name a few

Oh I know, but Heeney hasn't been playing much midfield either. I just meant that he likely has the mobility to play as that smaller forward that can also take a contested mark role that Heeney has been playing.

I think if that's your goal then Rose would be a better like for like replacement in the sense that he leaps high and has strong hands. Davis would take more of his contested marks in one on one contests. I think Davis has a bright future, I'm just not sure it's the right time to throw him in just yet

i dont think everyone should be expecting to see Franklin any time soon. better off letting him rest a couple more weeks and bring him back a week or two before finals. we dont want a Hawkins situation with Bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about having your backs to the wall, looks like a repeat of 2013 but even worse we're playing s**t. Regardless this should be close i guess, will need to dig deep to win.

Also has anyone seen the MB thread about the swans vs AFL debacle. The tears on that thread re anything swans is both scary and hilarious at the same time.

Will be interesting if any of laidler parker (both unlikely well parker obviously no chance) franklin mcglynn hanners and even pyke are right

Would like to see jones back and rose play

Just dont risk people please

Talk about having your backs to the wall, looks like a repeat of 2013 but even worse we're playing s**t. Regardless this should be close i guess, will need to dig deep to win.

Also has anyone seen the MB thread about the swans vs AFL debacle. The tears on that thread re anything swans is both scary and hilarious at the same time.
Haven't seen the thread, I'm guessing it's dominated by Hawthorn flogs?

Actually no, dominated by flogs from all teams that just hate anything Sydney (that includes hawthorn flogs).

We played collingwood the most hated bunch of pricks last night

And most neutrals were cheering the pies on says it all

Actually no, dominated by flogs from all teams that just hate anything Sydney (that includes hawthorn flogs).
OK then, so pretty much everyone... sounds like a fun thread :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back