Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe Lachie has been torn by not wanting to leave, but wifey does. Could explain him being out of sorts most of the year.

This may not have happened if Covid hadn't arrived to create havoc..

HUN reporting it now, one of main stories.

We can’t take a future first as we have a very highly rated father son prospect next year in Will Ashcroft (Twomey is already talking about him being the number 1 pick next year).

We would lose that pick.

Fair enough, that complicates it I guess. It's a shame that we can't do sign & trades, we could then draft a player you wanted next year with our first and send him over for a late pick you were never going to use.

I guess they'll work it out and we'll all feel a bit hard-done by if they get it right.

Maybe Lachie has been torn by not wanting to leave, but wifey does. Could explain him being out of sorts most of the year.

This may not have happened if Covid hadn't arrived to create havoc..

Its entirely reasonable for COVID border restrictions to be a real problem, particularly when having your first child and your family can't be there at all for it. I hope we can be mature about it, and If Lachie wants to go to support his wife then that is very understandable.

Doesn't change how the club should negotiate with Freo though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I totally believe it's true, and that he is gone. If no Deal with Freo, we should shop him the SA to be close to his family. Don't keep him cause it makes the next two years a circus and we've left those years behind us

He is an awesome player and no doubt has taught a generation of players what's required to be the best of the best. That's a great legacy at the lions.

Is he a player I'm emotionally invested in? No. I prefer the Mitch/cam/rich and yes, matho players that wear their loyalty like a badge of honour. Like I posted earlier before this broke, getting a premiership isn't the big thing for me.

Never got that loyalty vibe from Lachie - very serious about his game, but he hired extra coaches (with our approval) to get him a Brownlow. To get him.

Wanted the top award, worked his arse of, deserved it, got it, and I'm sure he'll thank us nicely. Which he should cause it takes a team effort to get let someone shine that brightly. He got he wanted, and he'll have lined up his next personal Everest. Good on him, but I'm already ready for a fun trade period.

Fair enough, that complicates it I guess. It's a shame that we can't do sign & trades, we could then draft a player you wanted next year with our first and send him over for a late pick you were never going to use.

I guess they'll work it out and we'll all feel a bit hard-done by if they get it right.
Honestly I would be happy with 8 and 27, and we send Tom Joyce and a third round pick 47 back.

I’m pretty sure you’re drafting Jye Amiss with pick 6, Richmond will most likely take Josh Ward with pick 7, so we will still get a player I like at pick 8.

Despite Neale being our best player, the prospect of losing him doesn't worry me that much. Maybe I'm still despondent after last night...

How about this for a trade? Assuming Fremantle gets 6 from Carlton for Cerra:
Brisbane gains: 6, 8, Fremantle Future 2nd & Future 3rd
Fremantle gains: 18, 47, Brisbane Future 1st & Future 3rd, Neale

Brisbane goes to draft with 6, 8, 14 plus future 2nd & 3rd for points next year.
Fremantle goes to draft with 18, 27, 47, future 1st & 3rd

Fremantle essentially downgrade 2 first round draft and downgrades a second round pick for Neale.

I recently speculated something seemed off with Lachie. He was just not the same Guy from his first 2 years. Never smiling, showing little passion.

I thought it was just injury and mental health. Clearly this has been brewing all year.

Jules too, was always posting social stuff in Lions gear, now just always her and the pets. Suspected she was not enjoying brissy life.

I reckon the players have known for a while, explains some dysfunction in the midfield and I think, could have even impacted that form slump.

Might also explain that bizarre gastro thing before the freo game.

I know I am connecting alot of dots, most mightt be wrong, but this does not surprise me in the slightest.

Losing a Brownlow medallist, it will be the second super star to leave in Rayner and Cluggs time (Beams) not ideal culturally. Sort of says you can leave when you want.

Also I'm not going to get angry, but breaking 2 contracts with 2 clubs? to swap back?
Im devastated by the news but I also see it as a massive opportunity for the club. Lach was off this year and it is a position where we can make adjustments.

Whilst reading this thread it made me think that perhaps the reason the club extended Matho for 2 years who I thought was very surprising was because maybe the club did so knowing that Lach was leaving?

As for what to do. If we weren't to get say a Luke Parker, could we use say pick 6 which I assume wed get from Freo for a gun young talent and another pick and then perhaps for that stop gap until the pick 6 mid was ready go out and get say a Luke Dunstan from Saints who wouldn't be expensive? He killed us at Metricon and while he is not a Lach, could be a big body in there. Don't know, just think allowed. Or Seb Ross- he's a mid isn't e?

I don't think its often you lose a Brownlow Medalist and not get to upset but I reckon there are a lot of positives that could then address a lot of weaknesses in our midfield and team in general.

Hope Linc doesn't want to leave to LOL being best mates with him and all.

I don't think this is the end of the world. Absolute gun player but will force **** to reshuffle and it means some of our kids will likely get more game time. I have no idea who we could get as I don't think Parker will leave Sydney. Any chance of getting Patty Cripps as part of some weird mega deal? I know, it will never happen.

Hi guys, sorry to comment on your section of big footy but as a freo fan I don’t particularly want Lachie Neale back.

we’re trying to build a decent football team within a similar age bracket so our strategy would be DRAFT, I’m excited to get a few firsts for Cerra as it would compliment our list build.

Now we’ve got Lachie Neale, yes he’s one of the best footballers in the country but he will be 29 next year? We’ve got a 19 year old Caleb Serong playing the Neale role very very well for his age and I really believe Serongs career trajectory will be higher than Neale’s.

Makes no sense getting him back considering we’d definitely have to pay the Adam Cerra bounty to Brisbane and Neale is going to be 29 next year. I’d rather stick with Serong and add 2-3 young guns to the mix.

Good way to take our minds off the finals loss
Also coz of the way we lost.... I don't really give a damn tonight. Next week might be different. This rumour has been around for awhile and his recent lesser form may have been the result.

Either way, I'm only happy if the outcome involves us bringing in another star mid. Not the time to be going backwards imo. At the end of the day regardless of what number the draft pick is, it's still a raffle ticket. We may get lucky, we may not. Lachie is a tried and proven commodity and we are in the window now.

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back