Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

again IF it's true : it's funny, I was pissed for a couple of minutes, and then thought "ok fine, see ya mate". This club is in SO much better a position than when he came, and we have options to take his CBA's like bags, bailey, starc, dev rob, might all get a chance to be it. Also if we get the carlton pick, 6/14/18 opens up every possibility in terms of trades or a great draft haul

I recently speculated something seemed off with Lachie. He was just not the same Guy from his first 2 years. Never smiling, showing little passion.

I thought it was just injury and mental health. Clearly this has been brewing all year.

Jules too, was always posting social stuff in Lions gear, now just always her and the pets. Suspected she was not enjoying brissy life.

I reckon the players have known for a while, explains some dysfunction in the midfield and I think, could have even impacted that form slump.

Might also explain that bizarre gastro thing before the freo game.

I know I am connecting alot of dots, most mightt be wrong, but this does not surprise me in the slightest.

Losing a Brownlow medallist, it will be the second super star to leave in Rayner and Cluggs time (Beams) not ideal culturally. Sort of says you can leave when you want.

Also I'm not going to get angry, but breaking 2 contracts with 2 clubs? to swap back?

Can you screenshot the tweet Mitch was referring to? I need to understand.

There was a fake tweet circling around which made it look like Robbo had tweeted nasty things about Neale. It was very obviously fake.

hahaha some of the suggestions on the Freo board are off to a flyer. Are they serious?

Pick 6 with one of our late first rounders coming back to them.

2022 first rounder with something coming back

Second rounder

Just a small sample.

Its gonna take a a first rounder and something else decent, minimum.

Cameron cost Geelong 3 first rounders.

Bloke is in contract and will play till 35, he doesent rely on speed or explosiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does suck that we’ve front loaded 2 contracts and given up picks to trade players in only for them to want to leave a few years later.

Still, he’s won a Brownlow with us so should be a hefty return.

Did we really front end his contract? didn't we say 'never again' after Beams took us to the cleaners?

Apologies for the intrusion, please delete if inappropriate. Trying to gauge how close or far apart in value both sides sit currently.

No idea what Freo would offer, but given our age profile we probably want to hit the draft this year and could see the next year or two as fairly expendable. As you'd expect our board is seeing his value as lower than Cerra's (based purely on players entering and leaving prime, potential number of games), some more than others. Ironically whilst I think he makes both sides better, he can be covered by both teams so isn't a dire need - for us Serong is playing the role Neale did and is growing, and as one you rightly said, McCluggage could step in and I'd argue be an upgrade over the next year or two.

With that in mind which outcome would you expect to see?:

1) Future first, and this year's second?
2) We get a split pick for Cerra - you get circa 13-16 this year, plus next year's first with a third coming back.
3) We get pick 6 for Cerra - it goes to you we get Neale, effectively a straight swap from our perspective.
4) Something else involving picks and players.

Thanks for hearing me out, genuinely interested in how you guys think this will play out.

Did we really front end his contract? didn't we say 'never again' after Beams took us to the cleaners?

I assume that we did - we were paying no one at that time, allowed us to bank cap space later which has meant that we haven't lost anyone else and have re-signed Clug, Rayner, Bailey, Starce, etc. Definitely a benefit to us in doing so, but less so if we don't get the value of a gun player on slight unders in the later few years.

Does something like this sound fair? No idea of points value etc.
Trade out: Neale and our future first.
Receive: Pick 6, 8 and future 3rd.
Then dangle a 4 year contract in front of Luke Parker.

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's the problem with any freo offer: we won't have list spots for a heap of picks this year, and future picks will get eaten up matching an ashcroft bid next year. Have to almost have something else to do with either what we get from Freo or our existing 1st rounders.

My plan is pay Luke Parker as an UFA (or even Guthrie but no doubt his uncle will get a gig as a branch manager at Cotton On in Geelong at the same time as he re-signs) and then see if we have enough money left over for Jordan Dawson. Would replace neale and give us a half back/wing heir to Rich.

I honestly think this will work OK. He is a star and you wouldn't chose this, but of he wants to go home - we can shake up the midfield.

I would offer Parker 4 years on good money and take the picks for Lachie, if that panned out that's a massive win.

Love Lach but he didn't feel overly invested, doesent defend and I reckon we can cover him.

If we don't bring a star in to replace him, it's a disarster and we won't make finals next year 😂😂

Apologies for the intrusion, please delete if inappropriate. Trying to gauge how close or far apart in value both sides sit currently.

No idea what Freo would offer, but given our age profile we probably want to hit the draft this year and could see the next year or two as fairly expendable. As you'd expect our board is seeing his value as lower than Cerra's (based purely on players entering and leaving prime, potential number of games), some more than others. Ironically whilst I think he makes both sides better, he can be covered by both teams so isn't a dire need - for us Serong is playing the role Neale did and is growing, and as one you rightly said, McCluggage could step in and I'd argue be an upgrade over the next year or two.

With that in mind which outcome would you expect to see?:

1) Future first, and this year's second?
2) We get a split pick for Cerra - you get circa 13-16 this year, plus next year's first with a third coming back.
3) We get pick 6 for Cerra - it goes to you we get Neale, effectively a straight swap from our perspective.
4) Something else involving picks and players.

Thanks for hearing me out, genuinely interested in how you guys think this will play out.
We can’t take a future first as we have a very highly rated father son prospect next year in Will Ashcroft (Twomey is already talking about him being the number 1 pick next year).

We would lose that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back