Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm talking about Sanders and Hammond, when we won flags. Even Reid himself was an SANFL ambassador of sorts.
Unfortunately the industry went past them.

And the way our club was used as a cash cow, set up by them, has held us back.

We should be just below WCE in terms of financial strength.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the industry went past them.

And the way our club was used as a cash cow, set up by them, has held us back.

We should be just below WCE in terms of financial strength.

Sort of.

We should be better off than we are, but WA is a far stronger financial state.

I see us paying for every development aspect, paying rent and then a pay per use agreement for games/events with a revenue split arrangement while paying all operational costs. We'll creat an SMA model but it'll be our $ that develops the asset. Obviously that's in the reality where Olsen wields unilateral control.
Lucky he's only one vote then hey 🤨

But I do agree with the fact the game went by them.

I'd be looking at Vozzo for the next CEO, should be here already
The SANFL needs to work out what it is and go down that path.

It missed its opportunity to be part of a national competition, now it needs to work out what its premier competition is and where its future is.

I reckon they'll merge with the SAFL eventually.

Thebby is good on the face of it. It is a good venue.

But the SANFL having a presence there is a massive turn off.

We will end up paying all the maintenance costs and only be allowed to use the second oval on February 29th.

Na, the 2nd Oval is not SANFL control it would basically be a gift from the council they planned to revamp King reserve, will not be fenced,
The Crows will also get a similar deal Port Has re Maintenance, From the Council.

Also just verified there also extra state Government Money being spent on upgrading Thebby for AFLW games,
Overall Thebby financially a better option as move money gets spent on Training facility and small member area,

Na, the 2nd Oval is not SANFL control it would basically be a gift from the council they planned to revamp King reserve, will not be fenced,
The Crows will also get a similar deal Port Has re Maintenance, From the Council.

Also just verified there also extra state Government Money being spent on upgrading Thebby for AFLW games,
Overall Thebby financially a better option as move money gets spent on Training facility and small member area,
Seems too good to be true.......

The biggest advantage of Thebarton is - AFLW and SANFL home Games, as its fenced. and not far from AFLW and SANFL standards And you can put money on Olsen pushing hard to play home games there.
Other advantages are - 2 Ovals, Reduced Maintenance cost, Established Lighting,
And then there a reduction in cost to Build compared to a Green site with no ovals established.
Side note the West Beach site looked good on paper, And yes I liked the idea ages ago but since then have looked a little closer.
It's a green site, it's a windy site, and the travel to and from is not that easy for half the supporters, most likely 1 oval, but the biggest disadvantage over Thebby is the maintenance cost, Crows will have to pay for all of it. . rather spend the money elsewhere.

Also, the Hawks are planning on moving away from Waverly to Dingley park

That part isn't too relevant, seeing the most would only go to a training ground for a family day and travel likely isn't that relevant as a barrier.

Travel would be relevant if we're talking an after game function but in no way shape or form should Adelaide waste a cent on that.

That part isn't too relevant, seeing the most would only go to a training ground for a family day and travel likely isn't that relevant as a barrier.

Travel would be relevant if we're talking an after game function but in no way shape or form should Adelaide waste a cent on that.
That part was for the AFLW and SANFL games, Thebby one of the easy grounds to get to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.

Northern suburbs.

But I have a car. And I do like Ikea Meatballs....

I would rather we get the best facility to win Premierships, rather than the location that a few nuffies can go watch training easier.

The biggest crowds to watch training are in Grand Final week.

I'm scared to go back into IKEA, went there once and it was a little traumatic getting out.

Yea which is why I ask questions,
By the way, all I have said has been printed several times in the media,
But what they are not saying in the media is how the SANFL have a presence at Thebby and John Olsen is now our Chairman and how since becoming Chairman his mandate seems to be moving us to Thebby.

They also won't join the dots in the media how Olsen in his capacity as SANFL President ensured the league is a key earner of revenue via the SMA. At the cost of match day revenue from us and Port. He is also still Deputy Chairman of the SMA Board.

The media won't report on that conflict of interest.

Olsen is a great negotiator, and if he was our Chairman to truly serve our club his current position on the SMA Board would be great for us.

But our club is not his passion, has he ever publicly supported us? Him suddenly becoming Chairman at the point of time we are negotiating a move from West Lakes, and now Thebby Oval is a favourite, is dam sus.

You can buy the Beans if you want......

I’m looking forward to seeing concept plans for the Thebby HQ option.
Wondering if that’ll include upgrades to the existing Thebarton aquatic centre also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

But what they are not saying in the media is how the SANFL have a presence at Thebby and John Olsen is now our Chairman and how since becoming Chairman his mandate seems to be moving us to Thebby.

They also won't join the dots in the media how Olsen in his capacity as SANFL President ensured the league is a key earner of revenue via the SMA. At the cost of match day revenue from us and Port. He is also still Deputy Chairman of the SMA Board.

Olsen is a great negotiator, and if he was our Chairman to truly serve our club his current position on the SMA Board would be great for us.

But our club is not his passion, has he ever publicly supported us? Him suddenly becoming Chairman at the point of time we are negotiating a move from West Lakes, and now Thebby Oval is a favourite, is dam sus.

He said in his first presser he was a mad Crows fan.

The only reason he took the job, if he is to be believed

The media Have mentioned that several times, they also mention the SANFL involvement is Umpire training and Junior state training, along with the Ammo's using the ground,
Also, how can you criticize Olsen for getting the best deal for the SANFL when he was in charge, I would take that as a positive, In the Private industry competitive firms poach people like that.
Also having met and talked to Olsen multiple times, his Passion for the Crows is beyond doubt. He will do what he can to make the Crows better.
Sometimes I think we let the issue with the SANFL cloud our judgments,

Like I mention before start asking questions, you may change your mind, And I mean ask questions from people you know and trust.

He said in his first presser he was a mad Crows fan.

The only reason he took the job, if he is to be believed
The presser after he took the job?

Any coverage of him wearing a scarf in the lead up to 2017 Grand Final day?

Was he an Ambassador? Edit, yes he was.

So he was a supporter, still the timing of this is sus.

The media Have mentioned that several times, they also mention the SANFL involvement is Umpire training and Junior state training, along with the Ammo's using the ground,
Also, how can you criticize Olsen for getting the best deal for the SANFL when he was in charge, I would take that as a positive, In the Private industry competitive firms poach people like that.
Also having met and talked to Olsen multiple times, his Passion for the Crows is beyond doubt. He will do what he can to make the Crows better.
Sometimes I think we let the issue with the SANFL cloud our judgments,

Like I mention before start asking questions, you may change your mind, And I mean ask questions from people you know and trust.
You honestly think a guy who is on the SMA Board, with interests to protect the future of the SANFL, is going to ensure we (AFC) get the best outcome at the main venue the SANFL now uses for its umpires and under-age State teams.

Thebby as a venue is fine, it is the co tenants and the history of the guy driving us there that concerns me. Would much rather our own space.

I bet the Aquatic centre would come with less baggage.

The presser after he took the job?

Any coverage of him wearing a scarf in the lead up to 2017 Grand Final day?

Was he an Ambassador? Edit, yes he was.

So he was a supporter, still the timing of this is sus.

I've lost my paywall blocker thing so I can't read any articles.

But I'm confident he's a Crows fan, how passionate is the only question IMO

You honestly think a guy who is on the SMA Board, with interests to protect the future of the SANFL, is going to ensure we (AFC) get the best outcome at the main venue the SANFL now uses for its umpires and under-age State teams.

Thebby as a venue is fine, it is the co tenants and the history of the guy driving us there that concerns me. Would much rather our own space.

I do recall him saying in his Crows appointment presser that he was going to step down from his role on the SMA board to avoid conflict of interest?

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agree with your first two paragraphs, i reckon the Aquatic site would have more baggage.

The Adelaide City Council and the Parklands nutjobs would he a nightmare.

Not just the initial building/setup but the microscope would be on us for every little thing we wanted to do.

Family day: limit number of people, when and what time it started so it didnt clash with Beryls synchronized swimming class.

Watch Away Finals: no liquor licence, no noise after 9pm etc etc.

Agree with your first two paragraphs, i reckon the Aquatic site would have more baggage.

The Adelaide City Council and the Parklands nutjobs would he a nightmare.

Not just the initial building/setup but the microscope would be on us for every little thing we wanted to do.

Family day: limit number of people, when and what time it started so it didnt clash with Beryls synchronized swimming class.

Watch Away Finals: no liquor licence, no noise after 9pm etc etc.
I knew it was a stretch to suggest less baggage with the Aquatic Centre site.

The aquatic center will come with a lot of baggage,
As for Olsen why don't you talk to the bloke,

Back