News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

First year in charge:

Ticket sales up 15% - tick
Big investment in (probably) footy department - tick
Merchandise sales up 17% - tick

and

Sponsorship up 22.6% - big bloody tick

maybe all the sponsors were waiting for the broom too?

First year in charge:

and

Big business can pick a stale and out of ideas management team. They aren't silly. This is why it's good to turn over CEO's as soon as they start running out of ideas. It was clear as day the club was stale from about 2008 onwards and probably just living on reputation. I am hoping the board have taken note of this and as such are demanding constant increase in results and Andrew is constantly looking at fresh ideas.

First year in charge:

and

to be fair it's hard to know how much is him, and how much is the AO move.

regardless it would be difficult to say he hasn't done at least a decent job.

First year in charge:

and

I suspect that is on the back of finding new sponsors for different elements of the Club. Like the 'Jones & Partners' injury update that Birdman does. We have distinct name sponsors now for things we havent in the past. Smart. I would suspect he has at the very least identified new areas for sponsorship.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

You must have missed the posts about the muffins. Allefgib , tell this poor sap how good the muffins were please.

Guys - I've been lax. You know that. I'm not going to go thorugh the process of having my notes reviewed by shutts and fages now.
I will confirm a few things that have already come to fruition - e.g. Eddie's auntie designing last weeks guernsey.

I asked those with me at the time to help out with the notes as I knew I was smashed then - but it's been left with me and I've let you down. My apologies.

First year in charge:

and

Wasn't that Triggy's big strength?

I can confirm Fages has plans to target more growth via sponsorships as that is probably the most accessible way to grow more revenue given we can't sell more tickets and are unlikely to go down the gaming revenue path. Merchandising is already fairly good as well from memory.

Guys - I've been lax. You know that. I'm not going to go thorugh the process of having my notes reviewed by shutts and fages now.
I will confirm a few things that have already come to fruition - e.g. Eddie's auntie designing last weeks guernsey.

I asked those with me at the time to help out with the notes as I knew I was smashed then - but it's been left with me and I've let you down. My apologies.

Sounds like you were the one let down. You asked for help, no one stepped up.

Where was the help from these who went? Why didn't they step up and take some control? Maybe next time, this could decide who does and who doesn't receive an invite.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all good. Whilst I'm disappointed there are no notes for us, it was a volunteer thing and it's amazing how much work something like this can turn out to be. Also, I understand how much you're working IRL currently, so no harm no foul. I would add, that if others were involved and declined to assist, then let's blame everyone, instead of the most visible.

Sad Kate

Sounds like you were the one let down. You asked for help, no one stepped up.

Where was the help from these who went? Why didn't they step up and take some control? Maybe next time, this could decide who does and who doesn't receive an invite.
To be fair - they said on the day they couldn't and so when we walked away it was with me.

It's all good. Whilst I'm disappointed there are no notes for us, it was a volunteer thing and it's amazing how much work something like this can turn out to be. Also, I understand how much you're working IRL currently, so no harm no foul. I would add, that if others were involved and declined to assist, then let's blame everyone, instead of the most visible.

Sad Kate
I can get you most of the key context and topics - much of the discussion we were asked not to share has become public. e.g. the guernsey being designed by Eddie's Aunt.

Probably forgot to check on the hits, like they forgot to man the Membership line the first Christmas Trigg was at Carlton

I hope that was embarrassing for him. I thought it was hilarious.

I'm your new white knight! And then, something as basic as memberships, something Carlton were desperate for... ****ed up, in public.

Classic from-the-top dictatorship without making sure all the ducks were in a row to actually fulfill the concept.

On that level of incompetence, he must be next in line to run the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back