New Hawthorn logo

Remove this Banner Ad

It is actually starting to grow on me after having a few more looks at it. I still don't like the fact it doesnt say "Hawthorn" anywhere.

This is my personal favorite.

Hawthorn80s.png

Best logo ever

agree with the above poster!!!!!

It is actually starting to grow on me after having a few more looks at it. I still don't like the fact it doesnt say "Hawthorn" anywhere.

The problem with putting 'Hawthorn' on it is that because of the logos shape, the caption would be hardly recognizable without taking away from the Hawk itself.

With that said, we're really only Hawthorn in name only these days. We train at Waverley, play home games at the MCG and York Park and draw support from all around Australia...heck we don't even have a social drinking hole in Hawthorn anymore!

I love Hawthorn, but I can understand why they didn't put it on the logo - we just don't have the link to our old home that the Richmond's, Carlton's etc have

I agree with the above poster, the Hawk itself actually looks alright...but the shield, yellow and 'Hawks' capturing is just off.

looks like they trying to relive the 80's. Looks very old the design. And as a outsider looking in how can you not have chosen Luke Hodge as your Captain. One of the most courageous players in the league.

HawkLogo2.bmp

This ones better.

looks like they trying to relive the 80's. Looks very old the design. And as a outsider looking in how can you not have chosen Luke Hodge as your Captain. One of the most courageous players in the league.

Sometimes ill-disciplined (both towards the opposition and umpires). In this regards, Hodge is not a role-model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks nothing like a footy club logo...it looks like something borrowed from the front page of a Year 7 bird book about Hawks.

Its crap.

http://hawthornfc.com.au/ said:
The Hawks will play under the new logo in 2008, which displays a strong and determined Hawk, focused and ready to hunt.

The brave new shield represents an unwavering horizon for the club which has re-built itself both on and off the field to be one of the most exciting young and talented teams in the AFL, as well as one of the most professional administrative teams in Australian sport.

So the shield isn't supposed to be Tasmania.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back