New Order: Music Complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
As long time fan of New Order (and JD), I have to say I am really digging this album. Their best since Technique for sure.

* They've gone back to their dance/electronic 80s sound.

* They actually take some risks and try some interesting things instead of coasting along in third gear. The album's centerpiece is a 6 minute spoken word rant by Iggy Pop!

* Hooky is gone, but at least Gillian is back. Her keyboard work is under-rated, but she is a critical part of their old-school sound.

* Bernard has actually put some care and thought into his lyrics and vocal delivery, and keeps the clunky moments to a minimum. Yes, I am as shocked as you are....

* There are more than a few moments that are reminiscent of Joy Division and the Movement era.

It does seem a bit like a deliberately planned comeback, with guest vocalists and producers, and the whole "return to our old sound" thing. But it is really good.

Anyone else heard it and liked it?

As long time fan of New Order (and JD), I have to say I am really digging this album. Their best since Technique for sure.

* They've gone back to their dance/electronic 80s sound.

* They actually take some risks and try some interesting things instead of coasting along in third gear. The album's centerpiece is a 6 minute spoken word rant by Iggy Pop!

* Hooky is gone, but at least Gillian is back. Her keyboard work is under-rated, but she is a critical part of their old-school sound.

* Bernard has actually put some care and thought into his lyrics and vocal delivery, and keeps the clunky moments to a minimum. Yes, I am as shocked as you are....

* There are more than a few moments that are reminiscent of Joy Division and the Movement era.

It does seem a bit like a deliberately planned comeback, with guest vocalists and producers, and the whole "return to our old sound" thing. But it is really good.

Anyone else heard it and liked it?
Im also a fan of JD/NO, so I will look into it... :thumbsu:

while it doesn't ruin the album his lyrics are still to simple and predictable for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back