Official Club Stuff New Western Bulldogs Chief Executive Officer - David Stevenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarkson took over in 2005 and Hawthorn's list was as far from a premiership as ours is today, hardly a great list. He built (or helped build) that list / team. I think you can quite comfortably call him a great coach
2007 was the year that Clarkson needed, a typical 3rd year breakout from some of his prized recruits and they pushed onwards and upwards from there, topped up with some solid A/B graders and developed a great partnership with Box Hill over that time.

However Peter Schwab and co should be given some credit for helping the Hawks with the list build etc Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell.

Wasn't Justin Reeves doing the job?

No, an executive recruitment company Egon Zehnder is leading a search for suitable applicants - Gordon reviewed documentation on about twenty applicants on Monday. There is apparently a very big field with candidates from both sporting and non-sporting backgrounds.

Justin Reeves is an incompetent buffoon that was known in Collingwood circles as 'Lunches' because he would spend hours out on long lunches and then come back into the office and demand to know why his work hadn't been completed for him. A classic fat cat that we do not need at the dogs.
I think we need to get someone with experience in getting their hands dirty and turning a small membership based organisation into a successful outfit. Getting someone from a large juggernaught like Carringbush is pointless. They only have to keep things ticking over there to look successful. Endless members and sponsors.

Got my interview this arvo. Anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking a premiership and 50,000 members within five years. Should get me over the line, yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper that Kelvin Templeton could be in the frame . Anyone heard similar ?

Did a great job in Sydney - don't know if I've forgiven him for leaving us though !

Seriously - we could do a lot worse.

Heard a whisper that Kelvin Templeton could be in the frame . Anyone heard similar ?

Did a great job in Sydney - don't know if I've forgiven him for leaving us though !

He runs his own consultancy group these days. Would love to have him, but why would he leave that to come to us?

Didn't we sell Templeton as opposed to him leaving...?

So would we be happy with Templeton? (wouldn't have a clue about his after footy career)

I would be extremely happy with him. He has outstanding business qualifications, footy management experience, former player with the club.

Didn't think it would happen, but if it does, it's ticks all round from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back