NFL Div 1 - Tipping comp... Brought to you by DC, C.U.B. & Sports Support

Remove this Banner Ad

Sports_Support

Sports Support
Dec 30, 2010
Bundoora
AFL Club
Collingwood
After a quick chat to the great DC, Sports Support & Carlton Draught have decided to get behind the keenly anticipated 2013 season tipping competition.

This will be the fourth year DC has run the tips and after our discussion surrounding sponsorship, he is really looking forward to doing it again and adding a little spice to this years comp.

Not only have we added a few prizes that will help fill the bar fridge (And now the cans are of the maroon colour...!) the winner can also boast their ability all over BigFooty...

I'll let DC take it from here - His game, His rules... good luck with the tips and i'll see ya during the season.

Benny Charles

Awesome Benny, outstanding that we now in our fourth year have real and actual prizes to give away, from meek beginnings we are now a sponsored comp :) . Massive thumbs up :thumbsu: to you and Sports Support (BTW guys a ripping resource if you are involved in running ANY type of sporting club):thumbsu::thumbsu:

So the rules.....what shall we do this year.....

OK,:footy:
·Tips MUST be in by 2pm game day, NO QUESTIONS. If you fail to have them in you will receive the worst tips MINUS 1, if you have edited your tips after 2pm you will be removed from the competition.
·This comp will only involve the Home and Away and only Div 1.
·Please make you tips VISIBLE ie, mark bold the team you think will win or delete the team you think will lose.
·Please do NOT quote other peoples tips!!!!! Go to the bottom of the page and just enter tips, clicking on REPLY will quote that message in yours and really really annoy me:(
·If you miss TWO weeks in a row I will take you off the ladder, not gunna stuff myself around.
·The idea of this is to also generate conversation so try and add some thoughts on the game, also some random sledging...and Cold Cartons of Carlton Draught :thumbsu:
·My game, My rules.....:D:cool::D

Bundy Rum consumption taken into consideration - I will have the ladder up by late Sunday/Monday.o_O

OK, with Sports Supports valued contribution I get to allocate prizes as::footy:
  • Winner gets 3 Cartons of Carlton Draught.
  • MOST 6s (ie tipping ALL winners in a round) throughout the season will get 1 Carton of Carlton Draught.
  • In rounds 6, 12 and 18 you will need to enter margins for the allocated match of the round (not the NFLs but MY decision, will be advertised what game the week prior) closest to wins, first in gets that margin, YOU CANNOT double up (look at the last dot point above in rules). Results will be tallied and the ultimate winner (ie SMALLEST total margin when all added up) will win 1 Carton of Carlton Draught.
Awesome. So, everyone have a great Easter and look forward to tips coming in in a few weeks.

Cheers and huge thanks again to Ben and Sports Support

Denny Crane

An example (and I do hope this makes sense):

Rd 6 Heidelberg v West Preston – Heidelberg win by 20 points
A tipped H by 10 points
B tipped H by 40 points
C tipped H by 30 points
A has 10 points, B has 20 Points, C has 10 Points
Round 12 Bundoora v Lower Plenty – Bundoora win by 30 points
A tipped B by 20
B tipped B by 50
C tipped LP by 10
A has 20 points, B has 40 points, C has 50 points
Round 18 Montmorency v Northcote Park - Northcote Park win by 10 points
A tipped M by 40
B tipped NP by 10
C tipped M by 10
A has 70 points B has 40 points and C has 70 points

B is the winner of the tasty Carton of Carlton Draught

Northcote Park vs Heidelberg
Epping vs Bundoora
West Preston/Lakeside vs Montmorency
Lower Plenty vs Eltham
Greensborough vs Macleod

Knowing my luck the bloody Panthers will stuff it up and cement themselves as my number 1 most hated sports club

Heidelberg v Northcote Park
Bundoora V Epping
Montmorency v West Preston
Eltham v Lower Plenty
Macleod v Greensborough

HEIDELBERG v Northcote park
BUNDOORA V Epping
MONTMORENCY V West preston
ELTHAM v Lower Plenty
MACLEOD V Greensborugh

HEIDELBERG vs Northcote Park
BUNDOORA vs Epping
MONTMORENCY vs West Preston
Eltham vs LOWER PLENTY
Macleod vs GREENSBOROUGH

Welcome to the Tipping comp. Look forward to everyones friendly banter and tips and giving away some great Carlton Draught prizes.

Northcote Park v Heidelberg - Friday night classic. Weather has early showers but hopefully a nice night that gets an awesome crowd. Always good food and cold beer at Bills ground so if you have nothing on get down to watch the Cougers unfurl their Premiership Flag. On the game I reckon the Tigers will be smarting after last year and we all know they have picked up well, never an easy game here but reckon the Tigers in a close one.
Epping v Bundoora - Another flag unfurling, this will not have a major impact on the visitors. This game will show the Pingers what they will expect coming back to Div 1 after a six year absence. After a strong start the strength of the Bulls will over power the home side to an easy win.
West Preston-Lakeside v Montmorency - After the horrors of last year and the loss of some high profile names some may be writing off the Magpies. The Chooks also seem to have lost a few big names so this one is hard to pick. Never an easy task playing at JE Moore.... I'm gunna go for Chooks Maggies Chooks....Magpies, yep thats my final call....by less than a goal.
Lower Plenty v Eltham - A few losses in the off season and new coaching staff see a possible totally different side running out this week for the Bears. The Panther also lost a few names but have had a reasonable pre-season form to suggest they will be a little to good this week in a comfortable 30 point win.
Greensborough v Macleod - All the word from both camps in regards to players is a few losses in the off season and not a great deal else. From what I hear both sides are very happy with their new coaching staff. Sort of a unknown here like probably all games so I will stick with the home side, Slime by 3 goals.

Northcote V Heidelberg - Season opener, under lights should be a classic. Heidelberg in a tight one.

Epping V Bundoora - Bulls have a strong list once again in season 2013 and should be too strong for the Pingers.

West-Preston Lakeside V Montmorency - Will be interesting to see how WPL go this season with a new coach and some new players about. Like Mont in this one, by a few goals.

Lower Plenty V Eltham - Shootout at the upper Montmorency park. Eltham to do enough to get the chocolates .

Greensborough V Macleod - Haven't heard much out of Greensborough during the off-season, seems as though they've kept the same list? Should be another classic at the War Memorial Park, Greensborough by a few points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heidelberg - Will look to get off to a good start with a win against last years premier
Bundoora - Too big, too strong, too good for the newcomers
Montmorency - WPL have had over 50 clearances out and its not september yet so Mont to win
Lower Plenty - Use their ground well and will get home in a close one
Greensborough - The slime at home

Premiers- mont (not being biased , but I think and hope they will get up , plus it'll be good for the league)
Runners up. Heidelberg
B&F nayna
Top 5.. Mont
Heidelberg
Bundoora
North vote
Eltham

Relegation . Epping ( won't win a game )

Goal kicker - Nolan / cloke

Mont v west ... Mont by 6 goals, they need to get there season off to a good start and get some confidence up early
Heidelberg v cougars ... Cougars by 1 point , still going to be too quick early in the year ( if it rains Heidelberg will smash them)
Eltham v lower ... Eltham by 4 goals , even with big Darcy Barden back the bears will struggle
Bundoora v Epping ... Bundoora by the length of Flemington
straight
Macleod v burra ... Macleod in a tight one , 3 points !!!

Hopefully the reserves are as good as it has been the last few years , but west and montys twos don't look to be as strong this year! Good luck to all sides

Northcote v Heidelberg - Miller to have a day out

Epping v Bundoora - Very tough introduction for Epping, will merely be moving witches hats

West Preston v Montmorency - Maybe the money they are pouring in may have some actualy results this season, added that West has had a lot of walk outs will not favour them.

Lower Plenty v Eltham - Being panther faithful, have to back the boys this week after a very successful preseason with alot of new blokes gelling nicely.

Greensborough v Macleod - Cashed up with a new coach, I feel Greensborough should win comfortably. Wouldn't surprise me if Macleod battles to stay up in Division 1 this year

northcote to beat heidelberg bundoora to beat epping mont to beat wst eltham to lower borough to beat macleod

Northcote 2 beat heidelberg by 2 goals
bundoora 2 smash epping by 70
montmorency 2 beat west preston by 5 goals
eltham 2 beat lower plenty by 2 points
greensborough 2 beat macleod by 3 goals

Heidelberg
Bundoora
Montmorency
Lower Plenty

Greensborough

Heidelberg to unviel the updated Heidelberg Footy 2.0 version.
Bundy to win by heaps as they are still smarting at Antonio Banderas pre season comments
Montwill roll out a very smooth macine - should be interesting to see if they gel?
Eltham are a shadow of last year and will struggle.
Greensy, I just love Hydey

15 so far, hopefully a few more more join in to make it huge. Remember the cut off time.

Still missing a few regulars like Boof and Kickass. If they have not been on BF and no one has seen or heard from them have they eloped? Strange.......

15 so far, hopefully a few more more join in to make it huge. Remember the cut off time.

Still missing a few regulars like Boof and Kickass. If they have not been on BF and no one has seen or heard from them have they eloped? Strange.......

Thanks for setting this up and more than happy to join in:

Heidelberg - Should do enough in a close one
Bundoora - Will tear the opposition a new "pinger" (only blow out for the entire round)
Montmorency - They tend to be shaky round 1 but should beat the chooks away
Eltham - form early should be enough to edge out the Bears but not confident in outcomes at all
Greensborough - if nothing else, will be 20% better due to the coaching and preparations

Heidelberg............too many guns
Bundoora.............first up nightmare for super
Monty.................too good for the roosters
Lower..................luv their little dung hill
Greensy...............return of the legend.

Northcote Park vs Heidelberg. Think the Bergers will be a bit more forward
Epping vs Bundoora. The preseason premiership favourites shouldn't have too much trouble.
West Preston vs Montmorency. The Maggies look more composed and have recruited well.
Lower Plenty vs Eltham. Have respect for bi Vinnie and his coaching ability.
Greensborough vs Macleod. The 'Boro should be too fit and quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back