NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? 34 scoring shots to 15 ....totally dominated ask anyone there including Eltham coaching staff
Not sure what you were looking at?

By the way who said Boro were premiers material ?

5th to 7th is what you experts think . Lets see what happens

Eltham are ok...will go ok
You’ve basically just agreed with what I said?

Eltham Ok

Boro far from premiers.

Really? 34 scoring shots to 15 ....totally dominated ask anyone there including Eltham coaching staff
Not sure what you were looking at?

By the way who said Boro were premiers material ?

5th to 7th is what you experts think . Lets see what happens

Eltham are ok...will go ok
Eltham will be 2nd bottom, Boro will be great in 2-3 years. At this stage 10 goals off top 3-4

It was a beautiful day at the slime not a high standard game at all. The slime had a 3 to 4 goal breeze in the first quarter which they took advantage of and the wind died for the remainder of the game thankfully - The slime were in control for the entire game.
Walking around the huddles during the game it struck me just how young both these teams are - especially Eltham.
Good for both these clubs into the future as the points suggest a lot of home grown talent with both these clubs.

Anyone giving Banyule a chance of playing Div 1 finals footy this season? From the outside, they did what they needed to do last season to consolidate their place in the top tier, but have they got a list together this season that can muster a serious challenge?

Hurstbridge too…tick for last season, can they improve?

Anyone giving Banyule a chance of playing Div 1 finals footy this season? From the outside, they did what they needed to do last season to consolidate their place in the top tier, but have they got a list together this season that can muster a serious challenge?

Absolutely. Both Clubs doing a lot right and will no doubt be in finals or very very close.

IMO the bears are a lock for finals (Barring injuries!) They have recruited better than any other Div1 club whilst other clubs have lost players or remained status quo.
McLarty should star at this level - picking them for top 3 not that means much LOL

Yep! Gonna go very close

IMO the bears are a lock for finals (Barring injuries!) They have recruited better than any other Div1 club whilst other clubs have lost players or remained status quo.
McLarty should star at this level - picking them for top 3 not that means much LOL
I’m not sold on the bears. One of their star recruits did his ACL last year and will miss most of this year. Dan Owen will have VFL commitments and injured as well. They lost one of their better players Kayrooz. I expect them to improve but the top 3 is a massive call and looked way off that pace when I watched them.

I’m not sold on the bears. One of their star recruits did his ACL last year and will miss most of this year. Dan Owen will have VFL commitments and injured as well. They lost one of their better players Kayrooz. I expect them to improve but the top 3 is a massive call and looked way off that pace when I watched them.
Agree - I'm sure they will improve, but coming from a long way back from what I saw last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and watched the second half of Macleod tonight against coburg. They weren’t half bad. Older guys Hurley, white, Doherty a One of the young kids looked good. Must have won by 6+ goals but the oppo wasn’t great.

Very young though, think they will concede heavily. Have them and Eltham neck and neck for relegation.

Top 3 seems a lot for the yulers but think they can definitely land one of the other two finals spots. Yodgee, Blackmoore-Moore and McLarty in for big seasons, to take the bears next level.

Banyule are finals bound for mine. Solid list last year and have improved it massively this year.
Yeh I tend to agree. They have improved there list. Macleod, West and Eltham will be bottom 3. I think Greensborough, Bundoora and Banyule will fight for that that 5th spot. But I’ll take Banyule. Bundoora have lost way too much and I don’t think Greensy have the quality.

Went and watched the second half of Macleod tonight against coburg. They weren’t half bad. Older guys Hurley, white, Doherty a One of the young kids looked good. Must have won by 6+ goals but the oppo wasn’t great.

Very young though, think they will concede heavily. Have them and Eltham neck and neck for relegation.

Top 3 seems a lot for the yulers but think they can definitely land one of the other two finals spots. Yodgee, Blackmoore-Moore and McLarty in for big seasons, to take the bears next level.

How many games will Hurley play? He could be the difference.

I think Banyule will be what Heidelberg West were in the 1980s. They will, for all intents and purposes, look like a good football side, will beat plenty of teams and may even play finals but when the pressure is on and they come up against their big brother (Heidelberg) will crumble.

I think Banyule will be what Heidelberg West were in the 1980s. They will, for all intents and purposes, look like a good football side, will beat plenty of teams and may even play finals but when the pressure is on and they come up against their big brother (Heidelberg) will crumble.
Based on what? They have played them twice in their history.

I could be wrong here, but at least Banyule develop their juniors. Heidelberg steel them. If the money runs out (not likely). The Bergs maybe (I say maybe) in trouble.

Based on what? They have played them twice in their history.

I could be wrong here, but at least Banyule develop their juniors. Heidelberg steel them. If the money runs out (not likely). The Bergs maybe (I say maybe) in trouble.
You are 100% on the money - The money will run out from one of their benefactors soon enough at the bergs but probably be replaced by one of the other dads! Isn't it ironic that we all concede that the club which has access to the most cash ends up being the most successful LOL - No science to it, if you have the most cash you buy the players and achieve the success which follows.
Memories of VFL football many years ago??? No league can police the salary cap so the richest clubs pay for the flags each year - Am I wrong?

From my understanding the allocation of game day points has certainly helped to balance things out…clubs can still pay base wages, game fees and incentives as they please…I think a healthy balance of having home grown talent (incoming from the junior system) whilst trying to recruit and add depth from higher levels (ex AFL / VFL etc) or outside community clubs is completely acceptable. It’s then up to the club to foster an environment whereby that player becomes a 100 game player (Cloke & Moorecroft @ the Bulls as examples). The ultimate is obviously seeing your junior talent progress to the higher levels and then return when their time is right (think Harvey’s, Hurley, Stanton to name just a few…)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh I tend to agree. They have improved there list. Macleod, West and Eltham will be bottom 3. I think Greensborough, Bundoora and Banyule will fight for that that 5th spot. But I’ll take Banyule. Bundoora have lost way too much and I don’t think Greensy have the quality.
5th-8th will all be dependant on VFL players and injury, all three sides fighting for it need a lot to go right for them in order to succeed in 2024.

I think some need to look at the fact Heidelberg actually has a healthy junior program.
Junior program and having a great development coach (19s) a few years ago in Grant King, He was able to put a very talented list together that has stayed and developed over the last 3/4 years.

SWOOPINGTIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Back