NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundoora on the bottom in both grades. The reserves with a % of 9.9 😬
Not to mention thirds second last in a weak Div 3 comp. I suppose if you look at qtr x qtr scores their ones were competitive for periods of the game and out scored Heidelberg in last, so perhaps something to work with but with no depth whatsoever, it’s looking pretty dire.

Heard Bundoora had a couple of injuries today. Captain knocked out and will miss a couple. No certainty to beat Eltham or Macleod.

From what I saw today, Macleod have a lot of good youth to work with. I think they might be able to pinch a couple of games and stay up.

Getting a good picture of what this year will looks like. Hard to see the bergs not winning another for mine.
It is looking somewhat ho hum , the excitement is in seeing who plays them in the GF and who gets relegated.

Getting a good picture of what this year will looks like. Hard to see the bergs not winning another for mine.
Agreed, long way to go but they look well ahead of all others in DIV1, love to see the bears go a long way in finals. Diamo in DIV2 look to be a fair way ahead of all others also
The battle for relegation looks like it will go down to the wire between Macleod & Eltham

Agreed, long way to go but they look well ahead of all others in DIV1, love to see the bears go a long way in finals. Diamo in DIV2 look to be a fair way ahead of all others also
The battle for relegation looks like it will go down to the wire between Macleod & Eltham
You think Bundoora is safe? I’m not as convinced if injuries hit. Basically have no depth at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Bundoora is safe? I’m not as convinced if injuries hit. Basically have no depth at all.
Percentage will also be a challenge for them

Bundy's top 10 to 12 are solid, experienced DIV1 footballers - Superior to what Macleod & Eltham have are both very young.
Only seen them once this season but their best is better than what the other 2 have.
Your right though if they get injuries they are in a world of pain cause their reserves and 19's are putrid!

Bundy's top 10 to 12 are solid, experienced DIV1 footballers - Superior to what Macleod & Eltham have are both very young.
Only seen them once this season but their best is better than what the other 2 have.
Your right though if they get injuries they are in a world of pain cause their reserves and 19's are putrid!
I agree, they have enough quality to stay up, but 3-5 injuries in the wrong spots and that’s might not be true!

Massive pressure in the Bulls
Have to be the worst 2nd’s team they have put out onto the park in clubs history

I think there is still some good stuff to play out in the back end of the year. Bergs included. A goal the other way a few weeks and everyone would be talking about Mont strengths given they would have beaten bergs

Fast fwd to this week: they get rolled on the weekend and it’s back to the mid pack for them. Now Bridges are suddenly getting some attention. I don’t think anyone believes the tigs won’t get top spot, worst top two but I do think some chaos will happen.

Kennels recruit Smith is a real game shaper for sure. 2 months time will give us all a clearer picture in my opinion.

Mont v dogs next week will be fiery. Genuine dislike of each other. Good luck to all teams for week ahead.

I think there is still some good stuff to play out in the back end of the year. Bergs included. A goal the other way a few weeks and everyone would be talking about Mont strengths given they would have beaten bergs

Fast fwd to this week: they get rolled on the weekend and it’s back to the mid pack for them. Now Bridges are suddenly getting some attention. I don’t think anyone believes the tigs won’t get top spot, worst top two but I do think some chaos will happen.

Kennels recruit King is a real game shaper for sure. 2 months time will give us all a clearer picture in my opinion.

Mont v dogs next week will be fiery. Genuine dislike of each other. Good luck to all teams for week ahead.

If Dogs beat Mont is the final 5 set this early?

Kennels recruit Smith is a real game shaper for sure. 2 months time will give us all a clearer picture in my opinion.

Monty’s recruitment… VFL players on huge points who don’t even play? Surely they’d be better chasing every week players? They played on 35 points.

They had some players last year who would have had to be 40+ years old. Is that still happening?
HBFlanker not sure about 40 year olds but they are having players double up from 19.5 who are the second worst side in division 3. They had Green and Briskey both play on the weekend from VFL duties. East, Collins, Younan and McEvoy are elite but their bottom 6-8 players in their Senior side aren't great. Plenty of pressure on at the Bulls

Monty’s recruitment… VFL players on huge points who don’t even play? Surely they’d be better chasing every week players? They played on 35 points.

Yeah it’s a strange one, of course star vfl players can get dropped but you need to get the timing spot on when they have byes ect to get them qualified. All whilst not hampering the moral of players who are 110 % dedicated and loyal to the football club full time.

Every club would be trying to get regular players each year.

They lost to Heidelberg by 1 point with 36/46.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back