NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Every club would be trying to get regular players each year.

They lost to Heidelberg by 1 point with 36/46.

Come finals time though, they would need to jump by 8-10 points to be any chance.

All Div 1 finals last year, teams had a minimum of 43/46. Whilst not the absolute most critical thing, 1 or 2 late season vfl top ups can be the difference between a win and season ending.

Come finals time though, they would need to jump by 8-10 points to be any chance.

All Div 1 finals last year, teams had a minimum of 43/46. Whilst not the absolute most critical thing, 1 or 2 late season vfl top ups can be the difference between a win and season ending.

Right now I don't see it as alarm bells for any club unless they know their aligned VFL guys are not going to qualify. In saying that the usual comments fly in this forum around blokes making way for them at finals time (if not in VFL finals), is it good for morale, etc.

I get the point on blokes who aren't likely to help come finals time, but guys like Bianco (Bergers) & Brown (Mont), even for 1-2 games would be more beneficial than not having them play.

Right now I don't see it as alarm bells for any club unless they know their aligned VFL guys are not going to qualify. In saying that the usual comments fly in this forum around blokes making way for them at finals time (if not in VFL finals), is it good for morale, etc.

I get the point on blokes who aren't likely to help come finals time, but guys like Bianco (Bergers) & Brown (Mont), even for 1-2 games would be more beneficial than not having them play.

Yeah no doubt. For me, its twice as important if they are key position. If you had a big key forward that could bag 4-5 goals in a game, thats the difference. Due to fitness levels, footy IQ, Your Bianco's + browns will no doubt get you 40 touches but that might not be enough.

Last edited:
I read the announcement of Brown at Mont was clearly a future concept with the hope of a game or two in 2024 but know he is a 2025 + player

I think there is still some good stuff to play out in the back end of the year. Bergs included. A goal the other way a few weeks and everyone would be talking about Mont strengths given they would have beaten bergs

Fast fwd to this week: they get rolled on the weekend and it’s back to the mid pack for them. Now Bridges are suddenly getting some attention. I don’t think anyone believes the tigs won’t get top spot, worst top two but I do think some chaos will happen.

Kennels recruit Smith is a real game shaper for sure. 2 months time will give us all a clearer picture in my opinion.

Mont v dogs next week will be fiery. Genuine dislike of each other. Good luck to all teams for week ahead.
Your talking in hypotheticals. Ifs and buts. At the end of the day Heidelberg are 5 and zip, with a big percentage. They will beat West and Eltham. More then likely turn the halfway mark 9-0 or 8-1.

That sets them up to finish top again and be very very short to win it again.

Greensborough, Montmorency, North Heidelberg, Banyule and Hurstbridge are fighting for 4 spots.
Mont lose this week to North and it’s a long way back for them.

Your talking in hypotheticals. Ifs and buts. At the end of the day Heidelberg are 5 and zip, with a big percentage. They will beat West and Eltham. More then likely turn the halfway mark 9-0 or 8-1.

That sets them up to finish top again and be very very short to win it again.

Greensborough, Montmorency, North Heidelberg, Banyule and Hurstbridge are fighting for 4 spots.
Mont lose this week to North and it’s a long way back for them.

We are 5 rounds in. Lock away bergs for the flag if you want. I’ll stick with North.

We are 5 rounds in. Lock away bergs for the flag if you want. I’ll stick with North.
Happy to stick with Heidelberg for the flag. If Heidelberg can qualify Wilson somehow. I think that makes them even better. VFL have a bye and Richmond’s last game is a day or 2 before Heidelbergs last game. So may get 2 in. But can’t see how he gets 3 in, unless Richmond allow it as they won’t make finals.

North would want 6-8 very good quality players back to be a flag contender.

But I heard they had 10 out. Not sure if that’s the case or who they are.

Last edited:
Happy to stick with Heidelberg for the flag. If Heidelberg can qualify Wilson somehow. I think that makes them even better. VFL have a bye and Richmond’s last game is a day or 2 before Heidelbergs last game. So may get 2 in. But can’t see how he gets 3 in, unless Richmond allow it as they won’t make finals.

North would want 6-8 very good quality players back to be a flag contender.

But I heard they had 10 out. Not sure if that’s the case or who they are.
Richmond are 4 and 2, very much can make finals in the Vfl.
Wilson has been one of there best each week, doubt he will play any games with Heidelberg other than the bye rounds.
North have about 6 of there best 22 out, but most teams never have there best 22 in either.
Just going Nth, need to improve, but if they can get that forward line ticking will be very dangerous
35 scoring shots on the weekend.
Huge game against Monty this week.

Richmond are 4 and 2, very much can make finals in the Vfl.
Wilson has been one of there best each week, doubt he will play any games with Heidelberg other than the bye rounds.
North have about 6 of there best 22 out, but most teams never have there best 22 in either.
Just going Nth, need to improve, but if they can get that forward line ticking will be very dangerous
35 scoring shots on the weekend.
Huge game against Monty this week.
Yeh I agree I can’t see Wilson getting the 3 games in and he has higher aspirations then just Richmond VFL.

I’m not writing off North at all. I just want to see a lot more then what they are dishing up at the moment. Yes players back will help. Time will tell. I’ll stick with the Bergs at the moment. But would actually like to see a threat or 2 emerge.

Yeh I agree I can’t see Wilson getting the 3 games in and he has higher aspirations then just Richmond VFL.

I’m not writing off North at all. I just want to see a lot more then what they are dishing up at the moment. Yes players back will help. Time will tell. I’ll stick with the Bergs at the moment. But would actually like to see a threat or 2 emerge.

All missed round 1 v bergs. ( now playing)

Florance ,B.Giobbi ,Smith, McDonald, Crosbie, Chircop.

All walk up starters who will be there week 1 of finals. Maybe the person who said 10 is adding some Mayo but 6 is massive.

Plenty of rubbish talking ( as there should be ) on the forum but anyone who thinks north is even close to warmed up…👀👀👀

Florance ,B.Giobbi ,King ( massive get), McDonald, Crosbie, Chircop.

All walk up starters who will be there week 1 of finals. Maybe the person who said 10 is adding some Mayo but 6 is massive.

Plenty of s**t talking ( as there should be ) on the forum but anyone who thinks north is even close to warmed up…👀👀👀
They are all playing now? This week is huge then. Should come and beat Montmorency and kick start there year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Florance ,B.Giobbi ,Smith, McDonald, Crosbie, Chircop.

Plenty of rubbish talking ( as there should be ) on the forum but anyone who thinks north is even close to warmed up…👀👀👀
Did those 6 play last weekend in their 10 point win against Macleod ?

A goal win against the relegation favourite hardly screams premiership contender at this stage

So Based on that logic, Mont are the 2nd best in it because they got within 1 point of Bergs. Meanwhile Sitting in a very commanding 7th place on the ladder!!

Didn’t Collingwood spend the last two years making a prelim and winning a grand final all whilst winning lots of games by small margins.

Very much looking fwd to this thread in 4 months time.

So Based on that logic, Mont are the 2nd best in it because they got within 1 point of Bergs. Meanwhile Sitting in a very commanding 7th place on the ladder!!

Didn’t Collingwood spend the last two years making a prelim and winning a grand final all whilst winning lots of games by small margins.

Very much looking fwd to this thread in 4 months time.
North won’t even make the granny. No good at Preston

Who are they going to play in the granny then? You seem to have a big agenda v north but never actually make any predictions. So put it on the line analyst. Name your Grand final.
You keep pumping up North, but they have been just going

Heidelberg were at full strength against North whilst North had 57 players out

And despite getting rolled by 6 goals at home, North virtually won

Are you sure you're not the English cricket team?

Its great having some banter about GFs even this early.

Clear to see the Tigers are odds on, not only flying but being able to play players with points in the magoos. Will only get stronger.

Would be great to see the doggies get all their injuries and new recruits on park. Will need to be ready for this weekend I reckon, Mont will be desperate not to be 2-4 and losing their 2 best players prior to the game hurt them last week.

Dogs loss to the Tigers and Boro early and not dominating the Kangas does seem on face value they are a bit behind Heidelberg but as is said always, it's a long season.

And the more banter the better.

You keep pumping up North, but they have been just going

Heidelberg were at full strength against North whilst North had 57 players out

And despite getting rolled by 6 goals at home, North virtually won

Are you sure you're not the English cricket team?

Not sure I’ve said once that
1- Heidelberg aren’t quality
2- The dogs right now are playing elite footy.

You tipped mont for the granny didn’t you? Sticking with it if they go 2-4 this week?

Not sure I’ve said once that
1- Heidelberg aren’t quality
2- The dogs right now are playing elite footy.

You tipped mont for the granny didn’t you? Sticking with it if they go 2-4 this week?

Just find it hilarious, all the potting of north but no one sticks their head out and says a challenger if north aren’t gonna make the granny. Soft as.
So I ask again you and old mate brasstap.

Name your grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back