NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

seen quite a number of clubs who appear to have two designs on the one garment that can be worn inside out. assume it costs a bit extra but would be far cheaper than two sets of jumpers and a practical solution for any clashes

seen quite a number of clubs who appear to have two designs on the one garment that can be worn inside out. assume it costs a bit extra but would be far cheaper than two sets of jumpers and a practical solution for any clashes
I know it’s a fair cost to buy jumpers. But you would think the club can buy say 50 jumpers and use them for the few teams they do clash against. Saves players having to buy 2 jumpers every year.

If I remember correctly Bundoora had a green jumper a while ago? I might be mistaken and may have been a one off for some reason.

I know it’s a fair cost to buy jumpers. But you would think the club can buy say 50 jumpers and use them for the few teams they do clash against. Saves players having to buy 2 jumpers every year.

If I remember correctly Bundoora had a green jumper a while ago? I might be mistaken and may have been a one off for some reason.
Having to manage two sets up jumpers is a nightmare.
After a year or two it's gets hard as players come and go they need different sized jumpers so quote often they have to wear a different number in the clash strip plus you have the issue of sponsors changing as well
Macleod bought in the gold back a few years ago which makes the need for clash strip redundant. Smart

Having to manage two sets up jumpers is a nightmare.
After a year or two it's gets hard as players come and go they need different sized jumpers so quote often they have to wear a different number in the clash strip plus you have the issue of sponsors changing as well
Macleod bought in the gold back a few years ago which makes the need for clash strip redundant. Smart
Just buy reversible jumpers like many clubs have already done.

If you've difficulty differentiating between Navy and Royal Blue, I suspect it isn't the jumper that's the problem.
Play on though..
You obviously don't watch much live sport if you think that a white and royal blue jumper doesn't present a clash with a white and navy-blue jumper.

can't believe jumper clashes has taken up so many comments haha.

Going for a ladder predictor at halfway mark. (yes I am tipping North to get it together and win next three) the rest is on my opinion who I think will win. So don't be hurt, everyone can put theirs in....if it happens to work out like the below, in for an absolute cracker of a back half to the season for double chance. Teams will be looking to Bury lower teams as Percentage going to be critical with that log jam. Also lose a game to a team you shouldn't and your backs to the wall. 12 wins generally gets you the double chance based on previous seasons.

Banyule potentially turning at halfway 8-1 or 7-2 is mighty impressive. The only cloud above them- last year last 9 rounds. 2 wins, 7 loses. Not sure if that was tired bodies, Fitness or just sustaining the standard in first year of div 1.

AFTER 9 ROUNDS

BERGS- 36 POINTS
YULES- 28 POINTS
BRIDGES- 24 POINTS
BOROUGH - 24 POINTS
MONT- 24 POINTS
BULLDOGS- 24 POINTS

GAP
REST

can't believe jumper clashes has taken up so many comments haha.

Going for a ladder predictor at halfway mark. (yes I am tipping North to get it together and win next three) the rest is on my opinion who I think will win. So don't be hurt, everyone can put theirs in....if it happens to work out like the below, in for an absolute cracker of a back half to the season for double chance. Teams will be looking to Bury lower teams as Percentage going to be critical with that log jam. Also lose a game to a team you shouldn't and your backs to the wall. 12 wins generally gets you the double chance based on previous seasons.

Banyule potentially turning at halfway 8-1 or 7-2 is mighty impressive. The only cloud above them- last year last 9 rounds. 2 wins, 7 loses. Not sure if that was tired bodies, Fitness or just sustaining the standard in first year of div 1.

AFTER 9 ROUNDS

BERGS- 36 POINTS
YULES- 28 POINTS
BRIDGES- 24 POINTS
BOROUGH - 24 POINTS
MONT- 24 POINTS
BULLDOGS- 24 POINTS

GAP
REST
Banyule were 3-6 at half way, wouldn’t say it was a drastic fall away

Banyule were 3-6 at half way, wouldn’t say it was a drastic fall away

Possibly not, but that would have been close to the worse record outside of Whittlesea who were winless.

see what happens this year. As I said maybe last year the petrol tickets ran out. 1 of their wins in the back half was by 3 points so nearly went 1-8.

Good on them for the year to date. I don't think anyone minds seeing them up and about.

Banyule, from memory, had a heap of senior players go travelling mid-season last year? Hopefully a bit more consistency in their line up, and another year in the division, will see them keep performing well.

You obviously don't watch much live sport if you think that a white and royal blue jumper doesn't present a clash with a white and navy-blue jumper.
I go to a fair bit of local footy and I have not considered and jumper clash issues, I don’t watch the replays but live, I don’t see it.

Greensborough vs Hurstbridge should be a good watch. Both teams going pretty well. Big game in terms of ladder positions. Hurstbridge could put 2 games between them and 4th.

View attachment 1995758
View attachment 1995759
In both these photos Bundoora as the away side should be wearing an alternative strip. It makes for horrible viewing when jumpers are remotely close as opposed to fully opposite

Just looking at those 2 photos, if Bundoora went back to playing in the “Geelong” strip (which was their original guernsey), with the white short, there would be no clash. They should consider going back to the Geelong style anyway. Their guernsey now is pretty ordinary, outdated & pox!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont reckon the Slime will make the 5 - Their next 3 weeks will tell.
For me Bergs, Mont, bridges, yules and Nth - Just an opinion

Thought you were crazy saying Gboro will miss finals when i first read this, but maybe you are right.

Got down there today for a look and they were hammered. Looked very ordinary.

A different side from what i watched on good friday.

Im aware of who they played. Im saying GBoro looked a lot worse today than on Good Friday.

Think people were going a bit too early in the first month with spruiking/potting teams.

By round 14-15 , I reckon the ladder might be done.
North v Bridges huge next weekend
Mont v Borough also important.

From HS, apologies I have not added these recently I know many do not subscribe:

Hurstbridge too strong for Greensborough in runaway NFNL Division 1 victory​

Hurstbridge continues to cement itself as a genuine premiership contender after a dominant win over top-four rival Greensborough at War Memorial Reserve.

Three quarters of absolute dominance delivered Hurstbridge a 55-point win over Greensborough on Saturday.
In arguably the Bridges’ best performance under second-year coach Joel Cordwell, they ran Borough off War Memorial Park, turning the ball over almost at will and punishing on transition.

In a NFNL Division 1 top-four clash, the Hurstbridge cemented itself as a genuine premiership contender.

It began with a six-goal-to-nil opening quarter and ended with 11 goals to three in the second half, the visitors cruising to a 17.10 (112) to 7.15 (57) victory.

Greensborough controlled the second quarter and were just five points down early in the third term but fell away badly and will rue inaccuracy.

The result cements the Bridges in second place on the ladder, while after three straight defeats, Borough falls to fifth.

Cordwell said after losing control in the second quarter, his team showed its “brand” in the second half.

“It was a very intense game, a lot of running, a lot of physicality,” Cordwell said.

“They can move the ball very quickly and hurt you, so we had to be strong at the contest and put a lot of pressure on them to win the ball back.

“The second quarter obviously they got a hold of us but we stayed calm and reset at half-time and played a strong brand in the second half.

“We were under a little bit of duress at half-time and you sensed they were building confidence and energy.

“Our guys stayed calm and focused and got back to doing what we do well, winning the ball back and hurting them the other way.”

The first quarter was one-way traffic as Hurstbridge opened up a 35-point lead, holding the hosts to just two behinds.

Blake Fitzgerald booted two goals, while Liam Middleton was highly damaging off half-back.

Borough coach Matt Hyde labelled the showing “embarrassing” and accused his players of “looking scared” at quarter-time and got the desired response with an immediate fightback.

Greensborough’s midfield finally took advantage of Nathan Howard’s ruck work, while Jamie Smith’s height and strength in attack saw him boot two goals.

Charlie Bowes was prolific as the home team kicked 4.8 to launch back into the game and two early misses in the third term reduced the margin to just five points.

Kye Agosta then turned the momentum with a quite unbelievable goal, kicking truly while almost standing next to his coach on the Hurstbridge bench.

Will Cookson followed suit with a crafty finish under pressure from deep in the forward pocket and the margin blew out to 38 points at three-quarter-time.

Just one goal had been kicked to the Greensborough end in the opening three quarters but Hurstbridge quickly piled on five majors to end any hope of a home team comeback.

Cam Wild was dominant in midfield, while Fitzgerald (three goals), Cookson, Jake Richards and Middleton also impressed.

“There were a lot (in the best), Mitch Hymus has been outstanding, Jack Stewart continues to do strong jobs and Jake Richards took Zac McCubbin,” Cordwell said.

“The guys in the middle, Will Cookson doesn’t stop running, Blake Fitzgerald played in multiple positions and I thought he was outstanding and hit the scoreboard.”

For Greensborough, skipper Jack Johnston was named best, while Joe Ayton-Delaney, Bowes, Joel Trudgeon and Kristian Ferronato stood tall.

Hurstbridge will now turn its attention to North Heidelberg at Shelley Reserve.

The Bulldogs handed the Bridges a football lesson in last season’s elimination final and Cordwell was keen to see what his players had learnt.

“We’ve got a big game next week, North Heidelberg at North Heidelberg, then the bye,” he said.

“It’s a big one for us, we played them in the finals last year and they gave us a bit of a touch-up, so it’s a great challenge for our guys.”

Greensborough will look to bounce back against Montmorency.

Elsewhere in Division 1, Banyule survived an almighty scare from Bundoora in a two-point win and Montmorency was too good for Macleod with an 84-point victory.

North Heidelberg took care of Eltham by 40 points and Heidelberg continued its undefeated run with a 105-point thrashing of West Preston-Lakeside.

From HS, apologies I have not added these recently I know many do not subscribe:

Hurstbridge too strong for Greensborough in runaway NFNL Division 1 victory​

Hurstbridge continues to cement itself as a genuine premiership contender after a dominant win over top-four rival Greensborough at War Memorial Reserve.

Three quarters of absolute dominance delivered Hurstbridge a 55-point win over Greensborough on Saturday.
In arguably the Bridges’ best performance under second-year coach Joel Cordwell, they ran Borough off War Memorial Park, turning the ball over almost at will and punishing on transition.

In a NFNL Division 1 top-four clash, the Hurstbridge cemented itself as a genuine premiership contender.

It began with a six-goal-to-nil opening quarter and ended with 11 goals to three in the second half, the visitors cruising to a 17.10 (112) to 7.15 (57) victory.

Greensborough controlled the second quarter and were just five points down early in the third term but fell away badly and will rue inaccuracy.

The result cements the Bridges in second place on the ladder, while after three straight defeats, Borough falls to fifth.

Cordwell said after losing control in the second quarter, his team showed its “brand” in the second half.

“It was a very intense game, a lot of running, a lot of physicality,” Cordwell said.

“They can move the ball very quickly and hurt you, so we had to be strong at the contest and put a lot of pressure on them to win the ball back.

“The second quarter obviously they got a hold of us but we stayed calm and reset at half-time and played a strong brand in the second half.

“We were under a little bit of duress at half-time and you sensed they were building confidence and energy.

“Our guys stayed calm and focused and got back to doing what we do well, winning the ball back and hurting them the other way.”

The first quarter was one-way traffic as Hurstbridge opened up a 35-point lead, holding the hosts to just two behinds.

Blake Fitzgerald booted two goals, while Liam Middleton was highly damaging off half-back.

Borough coach Matt Hyde labelled the showing “embarrassing” and accused his players of “looking scared” at quarter-time and got the desired response with an immediate fightback.

Greensborough’s midfield finally took advantage of Nathan Howard’s ruck work, while Jamie Smith’s height and strength in attack saw him boot two goals.

Charlie Bowes was prolific as the home team kicked 4.8 to launch back into the game and two early misses in the third term reduced the margin to just five points.

Kye Agosta then turned the momentum with a quite unbelievable goal, kicking truly while almost standing next to his coach on the Hurstbridge bench.

Will Cookson followed suit with a crafty finish under pressure from deep in the forward pocket and the margin blew out to 38 points at three-quarter-time.

Just one goal had been kicked to the Greensborough end in the opening three quarters but Hurstbridge quickly piled on five majors to end any hope of a home team comeback.

Cam Wild was dominant in midfield, while Fitzgerald (three goals), Cookson, Jake Richards and Middleton also impressed.

“There were a lot (in the best), Mitch Hymus has been outstanding, Jack Stewart continues to do strong jobs and Jake Richards took Zac McCubbin,” Cordwell said.

“The guys in the middle, Will Cookson doesn’t stop running, Blake Fitzgerald played in multiple positions and I thought he was outstanding and hit the scoreboard.”

For Greensborough, skipper Jack Johnston was named best, while Joe Ayton-Delaney, Bowes, Joel Trudgeon and Kristian Ferronato stood tall.

Hurstbridge will now turn its attention to North Heidelberg at Shelley Reserve.

The Bulldogs handed the Bridges a football lesson in last season’s elimination final and Cordwell was keen to see what his players had learnt.

“We’ve got a big game next week, North Heidelberg at North Heidelberg, then the bye,” he said.

“It’s a big one for us, we played them in the finals last year and they gave us a bit of a touch-up, so it’s a great challenge for our guys.”

Greensborough will look to bounce back against Montmorency.

Elsewhere in Division 1, Banyule survived an almighty scare from Bundoora in a two-point win and Montmorency was too good for Macleod with an 84-point victory.

North Heidelberg took care of Eltham by 40 points and Heidelberg continued its undefeated run with a 105-point thrashing of West Preston-Lakeside.

Thanks for uploading mr crane. It’s a real shame these are behind pay walls. Understand papers need to make money digitally but with so many grassroots teams trying to stay alive/get by; having their club promoted and written about creates interest/prospective players/Hope.

People click the article: sign up here please….

Again, as I said I realise papers need to pay the bills too. But local sport of all things. Mhh.

Thanks for uploading mr crane. It’s a real shame these are behind pay walls. Understand papers need to make money digitally but with so many grassroots teams trying to stay alive/get by; having their club promoted and written about creates interest/prospective players/Hope.

People click the article: sign up here please….

Again, as I said I realise papers need to pay the bills too. But local sport of all things. Mhh.
Make a mandatory ad that you have to watch before reading the article or offer a $1 article option or something. $28 is as much as Kayo for a few local footy articles.

Didn’t Luke Collins get knocked out for Bundoora last week or the previous week? I thought that new rule came out here where it’s 21 days or at least 2 games before you can play?

Not sure you can be knocked out and not concussed surely?

Didn’t Luke Collins get knocked out for Bundoora last week or the previous week? I thought that new rule came out here where it’s 21 days or at least 2 games before you can play?

Not sure you can be knocked out and not concussed surely?

Will be manipulated until the cows come home. Doubtful the leagues/clubs have the resources or funds to pay independent match day doctors. Unsure if Collins actually knocked out but any head knocks, if there is a game to be won that is critical to a season...Play on will be the mantra.

Will be manipulated until the cows come home. Doubtful the leagues/clubs have the resources or funds to pay independent match day doctors. Unsure if Collins actually knocked out but any head knocks, if there is a game to be won that is critical to a season...Play on will be the mantra.
Yeh agree. Not sure how they police it. Unless you declare to the league someone is concussed (which will never happen) then the rule just won’t work.

But clubs leave themselves open to liability if they know a player was concussed and knowingly played them. But the player can also say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back