NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Hursty President has stood down, which has led to a special general meeting. Can't recall a season with as many key personal positions changing so much! It's a miracle they stayed up.

2 days after being re-elected as president I think. Very strange. On field have re-singed almost everyone and a few recruits but off-field things seem a shambles

2 days after being re-elected as president I think. Very strange. On field have re-singed almost everyone and a few recruits but off-field things seem a shambles
Very, certainly wasn't a dig from my end, more an observation, they've done amazing to keep the majority of players after all this. Just can't recall such a chaotic off season a clubs had. How long till they are egging on Shelts to play, even at his age will still be one of the better defenders going around! Great appointment

5 years at a club is a long time. Players and coach need a change.

Also Monty clearly have a lot of talent and bringing them a flag would be a
Massive deal down there.
Looking forward to seeing Gary doing what he does best and that is to use the available talent at the club and turning them into a well oiled machine, as opposed to trying to buy a Premiership.
He's also not in favour of bring in VFL players who may only play a few games and then take away someone else's position come Finals.
It's that type of attitude which has made him so successful and respected by his Players.
Well done Mont.

Looking forward to seeing Gary doing what he does best and that is to use the available talent at the club and turning them into a well oiled machine, as opposed to trying to buy a Premiership.
He's also not in favour of bring in VFL players who may only play a few games and then take away someone else's position come Finals.
It's that type of attitude which has made him so successful and respected by his Players.
Well done Mont.
I’m not convinced on Gary just yet, apart from a great record at Macleod with a good list of top end talent and support, what else has he achieved at clubland?

I’m not convinced on Gary just yet, apart from a great record at Macleod with a good list of top end talent and support, what else has he achieved at clubland?

This article from last year pretty much sums up the club. What Ramma did was give kids opportunities in the Seniors. Macleod have pretty much blooded 2-3 kids each year from the U19's. I would expect he will do similar things for Mont. He is also great with building relationships with all people and he calls a spade a spade. No BS from Ramma.

By his own admission, he has developed himself and his philosophies over a long period of time. He left our club in a better position than when he started, and he will do the same for Montmorency.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...s/news-story/87268dbd616be725e36377e3f6cab10d

This article from last year pretty much sums up the club. What Ramma did was give kids opportunities in the Seniors. Macleod have pretty much blooded 2-3 kids each year from the U19's. I would expect he will do similar things for Mont. He is also great with building relationships with all people and he calls a spade a spade. No BS from Ramma.

By his own admission, he has developed himself and his philosophies over a long period of time. He left our club in a better position than when he started, and he will do the same for Montmorency.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...s/news-story/87268dbd616be725e36377e3f6cab10d
Didnt MacLeod have 75% plus of homegrown players in their side? From record it was 15 or more in their gf team. Notoriously they have been reluctant on bringing in too many recruits. Couldn't it be a case that they simply had a great crop of juniors come through in successive seasons ? Who were destined to be hood footballers anyway? I'm not discounting Gazzas coaching by any stretch but could he do this at a club with non 19s for argument sakes? Or is he just so good a coach

Didnt MacLeod have 75% plus of homegrown players in their side? From record it was 15 or more in their gf team. Notoriously they have been reluctant on bringing in too many recruits. Couldn't it be a case that they simply had a great crop of juniors come through in successive seasons ? Who were destined to be hood footballers anyway? I'm not discounting Gazzas coaching by any stretch but could he do this at a club with non 19s for argument sakes? Or is he just so good a coach

Best ask the players from the Rep side from the past 2 years their thoughts on this. They are playing off in 2019 for the #1 title in the state, so that's a pretty big deal for him to maintain that appointment

Boro signed up Rowe and Graham from Carlton I'm hearing

*edited, accidentally wrote Wright first.

Last edited:
Well done Mont.
Not vfl but afl but does the name ben lennon ring a bell jumps off a plane and straight into a granny ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not vfl but afl but does the name ben lennon ring a bell jumps off a plane and straight into a granny ????

That's a bit harsh. He played Macleod Juniors and Seniors before being drafted. Was always going to play 3-4 games. Would not have played the GF if Hobbs was fit and decision wasn't made until the morning of the final.

Lost two grand finals as odds on favourites after this article was written.

Will be perfect at Mont

Lost two grand finals as odds on favourites after this article was written.

Will be perfect at Mont[/. It’s worth noting that when Gary took over back in 2013, expectations from the Macleod hierarchy was not overly optimistic. They had an exit of some key players including Nick Lynch and the message Gary received in regards to where the club expected to finish, was that they wanted to avoid relegation. That was what some thought might occur but to his credit he got them to a point of being a finals contender that season, just missing out to Eltham by a game I think. Although statistically they possibly should of won another flag during his time, I think most would be of the opinion that they may not have even had the opportunity if Gary was not appointed back in 2013. He’s done a fantastic job on getting Macleod to be a contender and a respected club in Div 1 circles. After not winning a flag since 79, I don’t think many would complain if his record after 6 season at Mont was what he finished with at Macleod.

Will be perfect at Mont[/. It’s worth noting that when Gary took over back in 2013, expectations from the Macleod hierarchy was not overly optimistic. They had an exit of some key players including Nick Lynch and the message Gary received in regards to where the club expected to finish, was that they wanted to avoid relegation. That was what some thought might occur but to his credit he got them to a point of being a finals contender that season, just missing out to Eltham by a game I think. Although statistically they possibly should of won another flag during his time, I think most would be of the opinion that they may not have even had the opportunity if Gary was not appointed back in 2013. He’s done a fantastic job on getting Macleod to be a contender and a respected club in Div 1 circles. After not winning a flag since 79, I don’t think many would complain if his record after 6 season at Mont was what he finished with at Macleod.

Just replying to the statement .makes things bad when you lose you win and no one cares.would he play lennon if hobbs plays id say yes. Btw would i play him (yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back