Just released NFNL COVID 19 statement

Attachments

• B9B92246-8C17-4A30-B2B8-A7965DA9ADAC.png
    B9B92246-8C17-4A30-B2B8-A7965DA9ADAC.png
    540 KB · Views: 205
  • A6A00DD6-13AB-485A-BF2A-34186296C7DA.png
    A6A00DD6-13AB-485A-BF2A-34186296C7DA.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 182
Tuesday you’ll see the season postponed. I think we’ll see them start with a month and extended it for there.

More than likely
Hearing they are planning to start playing in round 4-5 and play a 14 game season. But if it gets worse could just call the season off. If that’s the case I think some clubs may struggle to open there doors ever again, unless the government helps with local sports.

VFL season postponed.

A silver lining, every player who may be behind in their pre-season gets a couple months extra to work ;)

Hearing they are planning to start playing in round 4-5 and play a 14 game season. But if it gets worse could just call the season off. If that’s the case I think some clubs may struggle to open there doors ever again, unless the government helps with local sports.
Maybe the fat cats at HQ hand back their salaries. After all this is a league that raped clubs For years. Maybe the clubs will get one back.

Would the financial strain of not playing any games be that large? Genuine question.

If there's no play from today what overheads do the club have for 2020? Coaches salary until this point? Equipment and gear that can all be used next year? It's not like AFL clubs who have to pay their players and footy dep. regardless of games. I understand local clubs won't have revenue from sponsors and beers sales etc. but what will they have to pay for?

Would the financial strain of not playing any games be that large? Genuine question.

If there's no play from today what overheads do the club have for 2020? Coaches salary until this point? Equipment and gear that can all be used next year? It's not like AFL clubs who have to pay their players and footy dep. regardless of games. I understand local clubs won't have revenue from sponsors and beers sales etc. but what will they have to pay for?
Electricity, Gas, Water, Ground Rental a few of the basics, but on top of that would probably be opening bars on Thursday, Friday & Saturdays to make a bit of cash and keep everyone together

Electricity, Gas, Water, Ground Rental a few of the basics, but on top of that would probably be opening bars on Thursday, Friday & Saturdays to make a bit of cash and keep everyone together
Yep spot on all of that, plus all new apparel ordered or bought, that players won’t buy now. All trainers have to be paid up to this point. Are sponsors going to stick around or ask for there money back considering there is no advertising during games or training? Will player sponsors want there money back? Clubs have spent a lot of money already and expect money to be coming back in through games, functions and sponsors. With none of that it is a very big worry. I’m hearing the AFL May be putting some money back into local clubs, but can’t see that being too much.

But even player wages, alot of players would've been expecting to earn some extra coin to help pay bills, rent and mortgages and such.

Such a huge decision to cancel a season for a virus no one really understands, they going to suspend it again in July when another 50 odd people get it?

But even player wages, alot of players would've been expecting to earn some extra coin to help pay bills, rent and mortgages and such.

Such a huge decision to cancel a season for a virus no one really understands, they going to suspend it again in July when another 50 odd people get it?
You shouldn’t rely on footy money, you can do an ACL round 1...

It’s honestly the least concerning point of this whole argument tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical NFNL with that statement. They are a basket case. Why are they delaying it?
Not even the AFL know what to do in this situation, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and wait to listen to professionals advice and we all adjust accordingly, I sympathise with anyone tasked with making big decisions on behalf of so many people during this time of uncertainty.

Not even the AFL know what to do in this situation, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and wait to listen to professionals advice and we all adjust accordingly, I sympathise with anyone tasked with making big decisions on behalf of so many people during this time of uncertainty.

Agreed. I think it's time to let the league breathe a bit. It's fairly inevitable that it will be cancelled. But this is also an unprecedented time for sport the world over.

Did I just read on leader local footy a question asking if Whittlesea have the best midfield in Div 1? Surely that’s a piss take? Don’t get me wrong, not a bad 3. But I’d take about 5-6 better proven Div 1 midfields at least

Last edited:
Did I just read on leader local footy a question asking if Whittlesea have the best midfield in Div 1? Surely that’s a piss take? Don’t get me wrong, not a bad 3. But I’d take about 5-6 better proven Div 1 midfields at least
😂😂😂😂😂

couldn’t agree more.

Maybe not, actually, probably not at this stage but Dimasi is also an elite player that all Clubs would want, Atta is very good, Falls from what I saw is very good as well and as players go Jaron Murphy would walk into any NFNL side and from what I have seen cannot believe he is not at VFL level.

Good comment. Premier cricket has been cancelled for the season even though cricket is a non contact sport unlike football.

Maybe not, actually, probably not at this stage but Dimasi is also an elite player that all Clubs would want, Atta is very good, Falls from what I saw is very good as well and as players go Jaron Murphy would walk into any NFNL side and from what I have seen cannot believe he is not at VFL level.

maybe so but Whittlesea could struggle in the big man department as peet isn’t even close to being on the same level as Gilmore Dennis Flynn

Did I just read on leader local footy a question asking if Whittlesea have the best midfield in Div 1? Surely that’s a piss take?
Every team in Div I has players that would walk into the best side in the comp, they wouldn’t be playing Divison 1 otherwise. But until this midfield proves itself in Division 1, I’ll have them at the 10th best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back