NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor recruitment should be announced soon. New committee is in place.
Hearing they have 40 odd signed already with around 20 being new recruits. Including some real goers.
Great to hear but they have had 'Real Goers ' for a few years now. 40 Signed would be a lot of points as I cant inmagine too many recruits returning ? Hope I'm wrong.

Great to hear but they have had 'Real Goers ' for a few years now. 40 Signed would be a lot of points as I cant inmagine too many recruits returning ? Hope I'm wrong.

New AFL-V local rules is leagues can allow clubs to apply for allowances for more points, this came in for 2024 and I have no doubt will be pushed to its limits by some clubs but I think most agree Lalor should be one that could be given more for a season to try and stabilise.

To be honest the league needs to apply some pressure on lalor. They are by far the least stable club in the competition. I’d be asking to see how many have signed by Feb then release the draw after that.

Can’t have a team that’s lost 5-8 players and struggling to field to teams bring down the comp.

They are the reason the fixture will be lopsided, anyone who gets them more than the rest is getting points for a bye.

You would expect that Lalor is given until the end of the month (or possibly mid-November at the latest) to say they are in or out because the league, its clubs and also players need to be able to make their plans for the 2024 season.

Delaying the decision until the end of December or January may well be leaving it too late for the club as any players in limbo will just give up on the uncertainty and lock in a club to play at while Lalor is still making up its mind.

Any news on Marshall to Mernda? I see a few of Bundooras better players are starting to sign on. I wonder if that will convince him to stay. Although he is starting to struggle at that level now. He would have to be around the mid 30s now.

Any news on Marshall to Mernda? I see a few of Bundooras better players are starting to sign on. I wonder if that will convince him to stay. Although he is starting to struggle at that level now. He would have to be around the mid 30s now.

$25k would have rocks in his head if he didn’t go

Don’t know how they’re going to fit him and Shane Harvey and keep within the ‘salary cap’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a bit quiet, imagine he's gettin calls from all over.

If a club hires a player as a playing assistant coach, can some of the salary be outside of the cap? Could be an option for someone of Marshalls experiences

Look out. Lalor have announced a signing. Let's see if it's the first of many much needed players.

From their Facebook page.
First signings are being announced for 2024 & who better to start with than our VC & reining best & fairest winner Nick Anastasi! The midfield bull/ball magnet has committed to the club for 2024.

Look out. Lalor have announced a signing. Let's see if it's the first of many much needed players.

From their Facebook page.
First signings are being announced for 2024 & who better to start with than our VC & reining best & fairest winner Nick Anastasi! The midfield bull/ball magnet has committed to the club for 2024.
Good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back