NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah its awesome to see someone confident of the Bloods. We don't want 200+ point beltings and it looks like we won't have any, well unless Lalor are dishing them out.
No mention of winning by 200 plus so unsure where that came from , just winning, which will be at least 12 games

Ladder predictions

1. Mernda
2. Old Eltham
3. Epping
4. Fitzroy Stars
5. Kinglake
6. Ivanhoe
7. Parade
8. Heidelberg West
9. Kilmore
10. Reservoir
11. Lalor

Found predictions the most difficult over all 3 divisions and the quality of players coming into the competition will make it the most even division 3 we have ever seen.

Have Mernda and Old Eltham as 1 and 2, they are certainties to play finals. After that from 3rd to 9th is a bit of a raffle, especially with Parade and Ivanhoe being unknowns so have placed them as 6th and 7th, but this could quite easily change.

I think Epping will play finals, Fitzroy Stars to be big improvers and even though Kinglake have lost a few think they will make top 5.

Heidelberg West and Kilmore drop a few rings especially with Parade and Ivanhoe coming into the competition

Reservoir will definitely be a lot more competitive and will beat someone other than Lalor. Lalor to improve but still can’t see them winning a game.

Grand final Mernda vs Old Eltham
Premiers: Old Eltham
Wooden spoon: Lalor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reservoir to be stronger than you think ... they have outstanding new recruits. Their executive committee is committed to bringing the club back up to the top this year! Lots of sponsors, good financial position, good recruits. Get down to Crispe Park for round 1 - it won't disappoint - a contest you will want to see

Reservoir to be stronger than you think ... they have outstanding new recruits. Their executive committee is committed to bringing the club back up to the top this year! Lots of sponsors, good financial position, good recruits. Get down to Crispe Park for round 1 - it won't disappoint - a contest you will want to
Ladder predictions

1. Mernda
2. Old Eltham
3. Epping
4. Fitzroy Stars
5. Kinglake
6. Ivanhoe
7. Parade
8. Heidelberg West
9. Kilmore
10. Reservoir
11. Lalor

Found predictions the most difficult over all 3 divisions and the quality of players coming into the competition will make it the most even division 3 we have ever seen.

Have Mernda and Old Eltham as 1 and 2, they are certainties to play finals. After that from 3rd to 9th is a bit of a raffle, especially with Parade and Ivanhoe being unknowns so have placed them as 6th and 7th, but this could quite easily change.

I think Epping will play finals, Fitzroy Stars to be big improvers and even though Kinglake have lost a few think they will make top 5.

Heidelberg West and Kilmore drop a few rings especially with Parade and Ivanhoe coming into the competition

Reservoir will definitely be a lot more competitive and will beat someone other than Lalor. Lalor to improve but still can’t see them winning a game.

Grand final Mernda vs Old Eltham
Premiers: Old Eltham
Wooden spoon: Lalor
Lalor will not finish last, if they do with the $$$$$ being spent they will be finished as a club, they are getting big crowds at training and will at home games, they will play finals

Tom Scully will play round 1 - Reservoir no doubt has a bag of tricks up their sleeves. will be a interesting contest on round 1. Round 3 will also be one to watch, reservoir plays Mernda, reservoir new coach has an historic connection with mernda - expecting to pull some decent crowds and have some rivalry. It will be interesting to see the seeson play out

Tom Scully will play round 1 - Reservoir no doubt has a bag of tricks up their sleeves. will be an interesting contest on round 1. Round 3 will also be one to watch, reservoir plays Mernda, reservoir new coach has an historic connection with mernda - expecting to pull some decent crowds and have some rivalry. It will be interesting to see the seeson play out
Did Ayce Taylor play a game for crib point?

Tom Scully will play round 1 - Reservoir no doubt has a bag of tricks up their sleeves. will be a interesting contest on round 1. Round 3 will also be one to watch, reservoir plays Mernda, reservoir new coach has an historic connection with mernda - expecting to pull some decent crowds and have some rivalry. It will be interesting to see the seeson play out
Looking forward to the Rd 1 clash to see how we fair against a resurgent Reservoir - especially if Tom plays. With a very different looking list, new coach and some confidence about their rebuild it will be a great first up test for us in game 1 competing within the NFNL.

Chump

Last edited:
Epping
Old eltham
Ivanhoe
Stars
Mernda
Heidelberg West
Parade
Reservoir
Kinglake
Kilmore
Lalor
Wow reservoir above kinglake and Kilmore. They have picked up some very good quality, but there bottom 10 players are still going to be very ordinary.

I hope your right, it will be good to see

I’m still skeptical on a lot of these reservoir recruits. Maybe my research is incorrect but..

Trajonovski played 1 reserves game at Macedon since 2022

Ayce Taylor from what I see signed at Crib Point and didn’t play a game?

Dean Johnson didn’t play a game for Doutta stars after signing to play in 2020

Steven Smith has played 7 reserves football games since 2019

James El Mousalli played 4 games for Doutta in 2021 but transferred to hawthorn afc where I’m not sure even played a game in that time?

Jack Craig Smith 3 reserves games in 2022, zero games in 2023.

Some big question marks here if my research is correct. Don’t get me wrong if they commit and play they’ll far exceed what they have had previously but who knows how keen these blokes are.

1.Epping
2. Old Eltham
3. Mernda
4. Fitzroy Stars
5. Kinglake
6. Heidelberg west
7. Ivanhoe
8. Parade
9. Kilmore
10. Reservoir
11. The Bye
12. Lalor