Player Watch Nick Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I’ve seen of Welsh at SANFL, U/18s and academy games at his height, build and how he plays he seems to be just another leading player he’s not a jump, take the ball at it’s highest point player so he is probably already going to be in a fight with Fogarty for a spot, even then Fogarty is showing he’s probably better nowadays higher up the ground and that forward line desperately needs someone who can jump at the ball to take a big contested mark inside 50, it hasn’t had anyone since McGovern with a consistent ability to do that.
Welsh will be interesting. If he's any good, that probably means as he transitions in, Tex transitions out. I wouldn't think Fog is in danger.

Murray stays in the backline.

With Keane, Worrall and peak Butts, and Borlace as backup, we could probably give it a crack. He could always revert back if required.

Anything to ensure that Daniel Curtin gets as many games in as possible, then I am all for.

With Murray coming back, it will put Curtin on shaky ground, as we know which way the selectors would go!

If Murray can go forward, and pinch hit in the ruck, then Himmelberg is out.

This can only make us better.

*disclaimer: If Peak Butts turns to s**t Butts, then this idea is cooked

With Keane, Worrall and peak Butts, and Borlace as backup, we could probably give it a crack. He could always revert back if required.

Anything to ensure that Daniel Curtin gets as many games in as possible, then I am all for.

With Murray coming back, it will put Curtin on shaky ground, as we know which way the selectors would go!

If Murray can go forward, and pinch hit in the ruck, then Himmelberg is out.

This can only make us better.

*disclaimer: If Peak Butts turns to s**t Butts, then this idea is cooked
I tend to think you play your players in their best spots. Murray at CHB and Keane at FB and Worrell as 3rd tall / 3rd man up is our best combination I think. Butts is back up with Borlase. Move Curtin to a flank or even better, a wing while he gains AFL fitness for an eventual move to midfield where I think he could be super for us going forward.

The ideal line up when all are fit would look like this to me

Michalanney Keane Worrell
Hinge Murray Jones
Curtin Dawson Nankervis
Rachele Tex Keays
Pedlar Fogarty Thilthorpe
R: O'brien Soligo Rankine

Int: Crouch, Laird, Cook, Milera

I know thats a fairly tall side, but Michalanney, Curtin and Worrell are very mobile

I tend to think you play your players in their best spots. Murray at CHB and Keane at FB and Worrell as 3rd tall / 3rd man up is our best combination I think. Butts is back up with Borlase. Move Curtin to a flank or even better, a wing while he gains AFL fitness for an eventual move to midfield where I think he could be super for us going forward.

The ideal line up when all are fit would look like this to me

Michalanney Keane Worrell
Hinge Murray Jones
Curtin Dawson Nankervis
Rachele Tex Keays
Pedlar Fogarty Thilthorpe
R: O'brien Soligo Rankine

Int: Crouch, Laird, Cook, Milera

I know thats a fairly tall side, but Michalanney, Curtin and Worrell are very mobile
Would’ve though Muz was the FB (stronger 1v1) and Keane was the CHB (stronger interceptor and accumulator) in that duo?

Murray got a mention in Nicks' presser today in terms of his conditioning, mentioned that he and Schoenberg had been working together through rehab and pushing each other to come back in the best possible condition. Also talked up Sloane's role in assisting them.

Couple of SANFL games and back after the bye? Would be a big boost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back