Player Watch Nick Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely

Also shows how silly it would be to not take a pick in the midseason draft because there are only long shots out there
Or to pass in the rookie draft because no one good is left

Definitely

Also shows how silly it would be to not take a pick in the midseason draft because there are only long shots out there
Agree.

But, the thing we can’t really know is how the $$ stacks up. We must (surely?!) have plenty of cap space, but I could understand a decision to spend it on a. Extending current players and/or b. Recruiting good established players.

Maybe the money saved on not taking a msd pick makes sense in some kind of where-do-you-spend-it analysis?

Still amusing we have found 2 key defenders as rookies, but missed with our #6 pick...

Murray has been the biggest improver of 2023... not only reliable defensively but vastly improved disposal.

Still amusing we have found 2 key defenders as rookies, but missed with our #6 pick...

Murray has been the biggest improver of 2023... not only reliable defensively but vastly improved disposal.

Amusing, and sad

Butts has also been good the last two weeks.

Fully over his earlier injury issues?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

would love to see his build when he came to us vs now, is a unit.

I don't think he's changed that much physically (afl has it as gone from 97 kg to 100 kg). He was a unit in his first year.

It's more he's gone from a defensive monster to a defensive monster who is getting more ball and is reliable with it.

Last edited:
would love to see his build when he came to us vs now, is a unit.
Mar'21 ... Feb'22 ... May'23

mick-murray-mar21_feb22_jun23-png.1701643

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely believe he currently sits third in our bnf at this point of the season. I'd almost go as far to say that drafting him in the supplementary draft cancels out the tremendous stuff up of McAsey....

Would like if we could find some more Nick Murray's in the wilderness so we don't have to blow top 6 picks on defenders when better ones can legit be found on a cattle station.

Very likely if McAsey had worked out Nick would be out on the family tractor today preparing the fields for planting and suiting up for the Ganmain Grong Grong Matong Lions in the Riverina Football League on the weekend if Hamish and his team didn't pluck him from football obscurity.

Instead he'll be suiting up for the Adelaide Crows against the Gold Coast Suns in Darwin on the weekend in the AFL and continuing his farming partnership with Neddy McHenry on their recently purchased Hartley farming propertyinto the future...

Yes but not McAsey. If Talia didn't get injured for 2021.

What a sliding doors moment that was.

I just saw this for the first time. Not surprised (now) with the performance of our players. Probably would've been surprised last year though had I seen it then.

But what I find interesting. Look at the Port players. Tom Jonas considerably better than Allir Allir? I'm surprised there.

I just saw this for the first time. Not surprised (now) with the performance of our players. Probably would've been surprised last year though had I seen it then.

But what I find interesting. Look at the Port players. Tom Jonas considerably better than Allir Allir? I'm surprised there.

The one I find really surprising is how little one v ones West Coast face, considering they have a percentage of 54%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back