Player Watch Nick Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to say he is the bloke I picked in the break out thread. As others have added , tough as nails, kicking is coming along nicely. Very good one v one but also has some flair and not afraid to move the ball quickly. One of the best young KPD’s in the comp - if not the best under 23

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Many would make a case for Sam de Koning, but I think Murray is a great fit for Adelaide - country lad, great character. I hope he plays 200 valuable games for us. Pity he’s not a wee bit little taller.

We still need another very good 2m KPD to provide back up if not to replace Butts in the AFL team ….. and to free up Murray to be a genuine utility/swingman.

It’s because you’re incapable of any balance, just once if you shared a view that could be deemed as critical you wouldn’t stick out.

Then there is the hypocrisy, you complain I have cracks at you and then throw in comments such as this morning which just refocus me ;)
If the AFL didn't intervene and give the Suns the priority pick with the express purpose to enable them to draft busom buddies Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson with retention the focus McAsey would have been elsewhere.

It's common knowledge we were almost certain to take Noah Anderson the big bodied midfielder with our then pick but once the AFL once again neutered us Fischer McAsey then became our focus thus we traded down knowing we would still get him and allowing the GWS to get there target Lachie Ash.

The downside of all that being had the AFL not intervened we wouldn't have had the pick in the 2020 draft we secured in the McAsey/Ash deal with GWS that saw us able to pick up Luke Pedlar, incidentally if we don't take him GWS were set to take him with the next pick....they then selected Tanner Bruhn with their pick and we all know how well that went for them now.

If the AFL didn't intervene and give the Suns the priority pick with the express purpose to enable them to draft busom buddies Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson with retention the focus McAsey would have been elsewhere.

It's common knowledge we were almost certain to take Noah Anderson the big bodied midfielder with our then pick but once the AFL once again neutered us Fischer McAsey then became our focus thus we traded down knowing we would still get him and allowing the GWS to get there target Lachie Ash.

The downside of all that being had the AFL not intervened we wouldn't have had the pick in the 2020 draft we secured in the McAsey/Ash deal with GWS that saw us able to pick up Luke Pedlar, incidentally if we don't take him GWS were set to take him with the next pick....they then selected Tanner Bruhn with their pick and we all know how well that went for them now.
I get that but we didn’t have to pick McAsey, even you said you wouldn’t have. We could have chosen Serong. Imagine him in our midfield? You shouldn’t be blowing a pick 6.

I think he’s added polish to his game, I wouldn’t have him in the smart footballers category,but he is learning
He's added reliability. Not much panic and falling over these days.

I did notice that Doodee, after a good start to the year, fell over once last week, foreshadowing a fallover-fest this week. Was it Tasmania, or just a return to the mean?

Would likely be our biggest improver this year. From a B-, handy player to a potential A-grader this season. Showing more composure to complement his natural aggression. Love his attack in the air, would have to be some chance to win a “mark of the year” at some stage.

Lad has become my favourite player. Love the attack on the ball and man and utter no frills approach.

Becoming a competent ball user too
This is the big improvement for me... as he is not only a reliable ball user, he can kick the ball a fair way if needed.

Always knew he was competitive, but he has added polish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one that amazes me is GWS not picking him up as a late rookie or something in 2019 or 2020. He literally played in their reserves side in 2019.
Yep, he was definitely part of GWS in some capacity(reserves or academy etc). Bicks would know. And agree, besides the very younglings, he is the biggest improver. If this trajectory continues he will be in discussions for AA squad. Our new great fister, very hard at it, showing good compusure , decision making and executing of skills. And seems like a ripping bloke and great teammate.

The skies the limit and also reckon he could be our swing man to move up forward if needed (I noticed him in the last 2 mins last week sneaking forward and was the nearest teammate to Fog when he marked it)

Eventually great recruiting by us

Not great recruiting from all cubs to miss him in two drafts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From memory he was at GWS when Nicks was there. I suspect Nicks was bullish on him. And there probably wasn't much opportunity for players like Murray at GWS at the time.

Though I think he was playing as forward then

Becoming a very good defender. Overtaken Butts probably when when he was at his best.

Does anyone else feel like most clubs' tall defences are very good at the moment? Like every side has at least one gun kpd.

He started tracking this way half way through last year when he came back in. Looked a different player.
Should really never have been dropped last year

Ever since coming back into the side, he’s looked like our KPD with the higher ceiling, which he’s proved this year

Incredibly important player for us

It goes to show, just because recuiters don't draft a kid in his first year, doesn't mean he can't play.
I laugh when I hear "well why did all the clubs overlook him in the draft then?"
Definitely

Also shows how silly it would be to not take a pick in the midseason draft because there are only long shots out there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back