Autopsy NMFC vs ©arlton: 86 point rogering

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time a newly rebuilding team had 2 x 50+ point wins in the first 4 rounds? Pity we couldn't have got some elite mature mid talent in last year - would have made it much more interesting.

JZ is playing simple, great football as a forward. Big win and it looks like they've finally decided it's a full time proposition.
He's so creative and clever as a forward..... when the play goes through him we usually end up with a goal. He's a nightmare match up because he's so strong in theair and at ground level

The funny part is, those saying ‘it’s only Carlton’, are the same posters who think we should be doing what Carlton are doing. Which is exactly 5 5ths of **** all. They are the poster boys of tanking.
Yeah, with all their top 10 draft picks they should be a lock for top 4...

Great game cant say i could pick one passenger. Goal spread was excellent, JZ the general, with Brown up to half time looking like he'd rack up one of the best games ever played. He was simply everywhere.
As ive said for years, Atley becomes more dangerous when we have more speed around. Very pleased to Maj and Jed doing well. There wont be many times that Maj doesnt at least get something on an incoming ball with that leap.
Higgins, exactly what we need. A mid that collects it 30+ times who uses it well. More please!

Thoughts on Goldys game? Seems to look at the umpire a lot for free kicks recently.
Was better, but i can help to think that his jump isn't what it used to be, just doesn't seem to elevate in the centre bounces like he used to.Maj on the other hand....
I think it can be called a nil all draw between him and Kruzer.

I think it is an indication that we are better than the bottom 4 teams. I also think it is an indication that Scott hasn't fully embraced the rebuild. We only played 8 players with under 50 games experience. As good as Thompson has been I'm not sure we should be playing him if we are, as everyone has been saying, in the middle of a rebuild. The same goes for Goldstein and Waite.
The big wins against mediocre opposition like St. Kilda and Carlton are nice, but are they short term positives that are going to sabotage our long term objectives?
We are rebuilding the right way. If anything last night should have made this clear. Carlton is the perfect example of what happens to a rebuild when you go out and out youth. You develop a pathetic culture of losing football just like the Dees were for 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I love the way North is playing.
We all knew our list was better than the media flogs made out. Most of them don’t know the players’ names.

Aside from stars like Brown, Higgins and Waite, the reason we are a better side this year is commitment at the contest.

We seem to have a team filled with human battering rams - JZ, Cunners, Jed, Scooter, Taz, Turner, Majak! Even the outside players are ‘going back with the flight’ and out-bodying opponents.

I think it is an indication that we are better than the bottom 4 teams. I also think it is an indication that Scott hasn't fully embraced the rebuild. We only played 8 players with under 50 games experience. As good as Thompson has been I'm not sure we should be playing him if we are, as everyone has been saying, in the middle of a rebuild. The same goes for Goldstein and Waite.
The big wins against mediocre opposition like St. Kilda and Carlton are nice, but are they short term positives that are going to sabotage our long term objectives?

I think we are doing it the right way. Rebuilding is a fine line of playing a mix of experienced guys and young guys. Look at Carlton last night. Cripps, Kreuzer, Simpson and a whole lot of kids. No leadership out on the field.

On a side note Blues are going to be ****ed when Simpson/Murphy/Kreuzer go.

At the ground, I thought Atley was really good as a forward. His burst speed makes him very dangerous when the ball is loose - he can be a real threat up there, and seemed to get better as the game went on. Great stuff Ats!

In general play we seem to be doing the one percenters more than ever, lots of little taps and knocks to a team mate from a contest to keep the momentum. I'm loving watching us this year, a lot of spirit from the boys.

Go Roos!

Dry weather football in wet weather always makes me happy.

I thought Majak had a reasonable game. But his presence in the backline adds to the sum of the whole. He was only really out-bodied once, leading to a goal. As he, Taz and Scooter play together he will only get better.

He is certainly in line for the golden fist with some of his efforts.

I missed the game, and have thus far successfully not seen any of the highlights (though obviously know the result). Just jumped onto the AFL website and the replay is still not available. Does anybody know how long we need to wait after a game the night before until it's available for viewing. Got up extra early on a Sunday morning to watch what I'm sure will be very enjoyable viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game cant say i could pick one passenger. Goal spread was excellent, JZ the general, with Brown up to half time looking like he'd rack up one of the best games ever played. He was simply everywhere.
As ive said for years, Atley becomes more dangerous when we have more speed around. Very pleased to Maj and Jed doing well. There wont be many times that Maj doesnt at least get something on an incoming ball with that leap.
Higgins, exactly what we need. A mid that collects it 30+ times who uses it well. More please!
Ats' crumbing goals were very pleasing.... His move forward looks like might be the making of him as a player

Hello all, new post on The Shinboner, featuring plenty of gifs and how we stopped Carlton doing ... anything of note: https://theshinboner.com/2018/04/15...ourne-carlton-blundstone-arena-the-shinboner/

The gifs should be easy enough to rip for those who want to save them. If you're on your phone just hold your thumb on the gif and an option should pop up to save it.

You get the likes Rick but I wanted to let you know straight up - I'm really enjoying those writeups. Thanks so much for putting in the time and effort.

At the ground, I thought Atley was really good as a forward. His burst speed makes him very dangerous when the ball is loose - he can be a real threat up there, and seemed to get better as the game went on. Great stuff Ats!

Good summary. I also beleive he is far better when he has to make a quick decision. There were 3 crumbs where he was genuine front and aquare and all resulted in effective disposals. His weakness is between the ears and appear to happen when he has more time to doubt his first instincts.

I missed the game, and have thus far successfully not seen any of the highlights (though obviously know the result). Just jumped onto the AFL website and the replay is still not available. Does anybody know how long we need to wait after a game the night before until it's available for viewing. Got up extra early on a Sunday morning to watch what I'm sure will be very enjoyable viewing.

Usually 12 hours.

We are rebuilding the right way. If anything last night should have made this clear. Carlton is the perfect example of what happens to a rebuild when you go out and out youth. You develop a pathetic culture of losing football just like the Dees were for 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
100% this. You play your best 22 and try to win every game. If ever there was a club that demonstrated the folly of trading your best payers for draft picks they are it. Betts, Garlett, Waite, Gibbs, etc. I have friends who are Carlton supporters and I feel genuinely sorry for them. They are at rock bottom. 5 years of rebuilding since they made the finals by default in 2013 and no glimmer of light at the end of tunnel. Young players that have had their confidence destroyed and have been indoctrinated into a culture of losing. I always thought that ultra defensive game style they played last year was a big mistake. You can't just flick a switch and add 'attack'. I much prefer the game style we play, better to watch and more fun to play. We are a good example of how to rebuid.

Good summary. I also beleive he is far better when he has to make a quick decision. There were 3 crumbs where he was genuine front and aquare and all resulted in effective disposals. His weakness is between the ears and appear to happen when he has more time to doubt his first instincts.
His defensive pressure is a real asset too, he has the leg speed to chase well and prevent easy exits from our forward line. If he continues in this vein I do not want him traded at end of year

I was having a convo with my Blues mate and he believes they should never have got rid of Ratten. He would take Ratts back.
Agreed. They were decent under Ratts. However they made the traditional Carlton mistake of paying big money for a 'Supercoach' and trying to take a shortcut to success. Mick was damaged goods at that stage.

Anyone else watch the game and think what a massive upgrade Marley is over Mullett? Both have their weaknesses - one can win contests but can't kick, and the other can't win contests but can kick. But I know which one I'd rather have...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back