Autopsy NMFC vs ©arlton: 86 point rogering

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time a newly rebuilding team had 2 x 50+ point wins in the first 4 rounds? Pity we couldn't have got some elite mature mid talent in last year - would have made it much more interesting.

JZ is playing simple, great football as a forward. Big win and it looks like they've finally decided it's a full time proposition.

Two experienced midfielders mate. We find them and we play finals.

I hope those that like to stick it to the peripheral players finally twig as to just how much it matters to have the midfield competing.

Chalk and cheese compared to last week.

Heh and if this list their building doesn't come to fruition........their fans will burn down Melbourne with all the microwaves that will start exploding.

Two experienced midfielders mate. We find them and we play finals.

I hope those that like to stick it to the peripheral players finally twig as to just how much it matters to have the midfield competing.

Chalk and cheese compared to last week.

Yeah. That call to get Miles ain't looking too bad at the moment... We're so light in there that just having Jacobs in and Anderson playing solid pressure football is getting us wins. Very promising if we can develop that 1-2 extra guys this year and poach a free agent end of this and end of next that are quality.

Does Scott have a thing against the reporter who asked if he was concerned that we lost the centre clearances and then went onto ask what we could change or like to work on?

I was much more impressed with Turner's output this week. Didn't have a huge stat game but he had an impact and was in the face of them all night like a little c***....they were sick of him.

Whoever played on Atley tonight for the Bluws needs to be shot. Was it Mullet? I know he's quick but looks like no one was near him all night.

Dumont was a lot better tonight. But hopefully he can work into the season and do it against a better midfield.

BenC had a much better 2nd half.

I wasn't impressed with a lot of stupid free kicks we were giving away in the first half. Must of sorted it a little in the 2nd half, or latter part of the game.

Beat the wooden spooners, who are down on confidence. Let's see how we go against the Hawks next week.

I'd love love love love love to see

A: some guys put their hand up tomorrow in the vfl

B: Scott reward any very good performance with a game

I think Waite needs a rest. He should have a rest. Larkey, wood, Durdin McKay even Preuss.

LDU can have a week off of no footy then come back via the vfl. Walker, zurhar, even Mountford to come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. That call to get Miles ain't looking too bad at the moment... We're so light in there that just having Jacobs in and Anderson playing solid pressure football is getting us wins. Very promising if we can develop that 1-2 extra guys this year and poach a free agent end of this and end of next that are quality.
Rory?

I'm not saying he's not playing well.

I'm saying he's the second oldest player in the league, Scott just this week said don't expect him to play every game. He mentioned after the game that it's a struggle to get up for games.

We are supposed to be developing young key position players.

We have a raft of options that could easily come in and play a role for the team.

In years past we have played older guys into the ground. Makes sense to give Waite a week off.

Thats a bigger indication of botton 4 teams v potential finalist. And godees would have played finals last year except we prolly played our best game to knock em off.
I think it is an indication that we are better than the bottom 4 teams. I also think it is an indication that Scott hasn't fully embraced the rebuild. We only played 8 players with under 50 games experience. As good as Thompson has been I'm not sure we should be playing him if we are, as everyone has been saying, in the middle of a rebuild. The same goes for Goldstein and Waite.
The big wins against mediocre opposition like St. Kilda and Carlton are nice, but are they short term positives that are going to sabotage our long term objectives?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back