Autopsy NMFC vs ©arlton: 86 point rogering

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else watch the game and think what a massive upgrade Marley is over Mullett? Both have their weaknesses - one can win contests but can't kick, and the other can't win contests but can kick. But I know which one I'd rather have...
100%. You need one lock down small defender to take the most dangerous small forward. Marley excels in that role. His kicking isn't that bad either.....

Two experienced midfielders mate. We find them and we play finals.

I hope those that like to stick it to the peripheral players finally twig as to just how much it matters to have the midfield competing.

Chalk and cheese compared to last week.
This. You can see why we went so hard at Dusty and Kelly. You land those 2 and it's reubuild over and finals here we come....

Pre game tipped a 6 goal minimum win, citing Carlton as a total rabble.

Poor call.

Missed by 8 goals.

What a shocking football club they are.

Won't win a game this year.

Nope, we can't mess with it now. (But I hear you, I really do!) Gaagh.

Can handle it better on Jed than I could on Morgan though.
It's definitely no Hurley.

Unsure if anyone was watching the sunday footy show, but there was a bit of defense of Carlton due to how young their list is

I just thought I'd leave this here

View attachment 483489
not to mention ours is inflated due to a 35 year old waite

Unsure if anyone was watching the sunday footy show, but there was a bit of defense of Carlton due to how young their list is

I just thought I'd leave this here

View attachment 483489
Murphy pulling out really exposed them in terms of experience.

With Murphy out we ended up being on average 17 months older and an extra 20 games in experience.

With 7 blokes over 150 games we are a mature side with a lot of experience and that really showed through last night.

North Melbourne Attribute Carlton
187.9cm Height 187.4cm
88.2kg Weight 85.8kg
25yr 7mth Age 24yr 2mth
97.3 Games 77.0

Total Players By Games
North Melbourne Games Carlton
8 Less than 50 11
5 50 to 99 6
2 100 to 149 2
7 150 or more 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bps28ra.jpg)

So, a drop kick then :p

Unbelievable that the once best regarded (and most difficult to execute) kick in the game is now illegal. The late Bruce Andrew must surely be turning in his grave, not too mention some of the great exponents of the drop kick. One of the best goals I ever saw kicked was a drop kick by John Sharrock of Geelong from between wing and half forward at Kardinia Park back in the 1960's. A beauty to behold.

I wonder what the idiots who outlawed the drop kick will do if one day someone has a set shot for goal and slots it with a drop kick?

Murphy pulling out also envokes the cascade effect. Meaning many matchups potentially sway our way a bit. Not saying is would have changed the result however i would have expected them so be somewhat more competitive with him.

100% his loss hurt them. He's not a 14 goal player though. I think they're just mentally weak. Where we had issues of leaders not standing up in the past and the team suffering and losing the unlosable, I just don't think the bluws have enough leaders to begin with. They've culled the * out of their older players and all the kids have come up during a period of utter shiteness. As soon as they lost Murphy i bet half the team decided they had already lost, then just went through the motions. What's most damning is that in the last quarter where they completely and utterly stopped, we allowed ourselves to slow down too. That could have easily been a 100+ point thrashing if we kept the foot on the throat.

Unbelievable that the once best regarded (and most difficult to execute) kick in the game is now illegal. The late Bruce Andrew must surely be turning in his grave, not too mention some of the great exponents of the drop kick. One of the best goals I ever saw kicked was a drop kick by John Sharrock of Geelong from between wing and half forward at Kardinia Park back in the 1960's. A beauty to behold.

I wonder what the idiots who outlawed the drop kick will do if one day someone has a set shot for goal and slots it with a drop kick?
Who said they are illegal? Next thing you will be telling me is the stab kick is banned!

Who said they are illegal? Next thing you will be telling me is the stab kick is banned!

I will because it is (apparently). I used to be able to kick a quite good stab kick, though I way so myself. The problem though was that I never got the pill to show that I could kick a good stab kick.

I will because it is (apparently). I used to be able to kick a quite good stab kick, though I way so myself. The problem though was that I never got the pill to show that I could kick a good stab kick.
Not too bad myself. Used to stab kick the ball to Barry Cable as he ran around Cole reserve in Pascoe Vale training on the off club nights.

The drop kick isn't banned, but if you try to execute it while being tackled, it's deemed dropping the ball.

That interpretation is either a contradiction of the rules of the game if a drop kick remains a legal kicking option, or, by definition, in paying a free in those circumstances, the drop kick is an illegal kick.

The AFL can't have it both ways. Then again it is the AFL and they do have many things both ways, because they are the AFL.

That interpretation is either a contradiction of the rules of the game if a drop kick remains a legal kicking option, or, by definition, in paying a free in those circumstances, the drop kick is an illegal kick.

The AFL can't have it both ways. Then again it is the AFL and they do have many things both ways, because they are the AFL.

I suspect that the fact players only attempt a drop kick after being spun around 360 degrees is probably an indicator to the umps that it is dropping the ball.

However, I also suspect there is no official position on this because the AFL like to have things both ways with this and other things.

Was hoping to see Goldstein beat Kreuzer but they both had ok'ish games. Canceling each other out kinda way I suppose.

I'm reluctant to give players credit in games when the opposition is woeful but for a young team like ours....wins like these are good to have for moral and confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back