Autopsy NMFC vs ©arlton: 86 point rogering

Remove this Banner Ad

Good summary. I also beleive he is far better when he has to make a quick decision. There were 3 crumbs where he was genuine front and aquare and all resulted in effective disposals. His weakness is between the ears and appear to happen when he has more time to doubt his first instincts.

Been saying for years, that is why he can work in the centre square.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good summary. I also beleive he is far better when he has to make a quick decision. There were 3 crumbs where he was genuine front and aquare and all resulted in effective disposals. His weakness is between the ears and appear to happen when he has more time to doubt his first instincts.

Atley's biggest fault is that he is TOO team oriented.

I'm glad he finally delivered some goals. It's the one stat he really needs to improve.

"Attendance: 19, 234"

Yeah, nah.

Capacity is 20k

im a bit confussed. last night directly after the game, it had the attendance as 19234, but yet 1/2 hour later, that changed to 14500 odd? anyone know the real attendance? or are the afl making s**t up again?

This is spot on.

Atley's biggest fault is that he is TOO team oriented.

This is spot on as well. Alot of his mistakes, especially the sort that got him so much flack here, come from his desire to bring teammates into the game. Playing in front of goals does help with this tho.

edit - what I mean the closer he is to goal the more he seems to want to score which means he backs himself and takes things on. he's kicked some ripper goals over the last few years doing this, but as Snake said he could do with a few more.

Very good points. Don't get me wrong I have loved these big wins but for a so-called "rebuilding side" we are fielding a fairly experienced and oldish team, and we all know that there is a ton of work to do for us to be back up and contending again. The long term strategy can not be compromised.

Good clubs do it this way. Look at Sydney and Hawthorn. It’s a myth that you have to strip to bare bottom to rise again. All that does is creates a losing mentality.

However I would say this - doing it this way should also create an expectation of getting results - Scott can’t play a reasonably mature side yet still use the youth as an excuse.

Kids should be played when they deserve a game. Pure and simple.

If we can lose Harvey, Petrie, Spud, Dal, Wells, Swallow, LT, Hansen and still field a reasonable side - it’s a testament to a good list management, not a sign of weakness.

+ they have the wrong coach.
Yep, Clarkson is a super coach but had sustained ultimate success due to compromised drafts through the introduction of the expansion clubs.

For clubs to think this had anything to do with his assistants being a class above all others is false and proves that even at the top many have NFI. See Fagan also.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We already have the two wins some scribes had us pencilled in for the whole 2018 season!!
Anderson, LDU, Hartung, Simpkin, atley, Clarke, daw, EVW, all showing enough to create excitement and optimism for us.
The 3 talls down back is working really well. JMac possible surplus if Thompson keeps playing the intercept roll to great effect.
Our older players excellentvagain, led by Higgi, tax and Brown.
Great seeing JZ up forward again too.
Kudos to Brad Scott and the coaching crew.
It's amazing we are already 10 goals better than st.kilda and Carlton.
The only query would be the strength of the opposition. Carlton we're insipid.

From BF today.

Carlton going the full Julie Andrews.

SuperculloffragilelisttheirtankingforLukocious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im a bit confussed. last night directly after the game, it had the attendance as 19234, but yet 1/2 hour later, that changed to 14500 odd? anyone know the real attendance? or are the afl making s**t up again?

5,000 disgusted carlton fans deciding to beat the Bellerive traffic by leaving early?

One of the recurring themes from the more thoughtful of the Carlton supporters on their board is the serious concern that their young players will not develop to an appropriate standard due to the lack of onfield leadership from senior players, simply because they don't have many. Losing Gibbs has hurt more than they will admit, and without Murphy last night, the only senior players out there were Simpson, Kreuzer and Daisy.

Melbourne made the same mistake a few years ago in getting rid of their senior players, and still they haven't made the finals after years of not making the finals.

I get, and share, the excitement of playing kids (how good was the selection for round 1 last year? A warm fuzzy glow that lasted until WCE dismantled us in one of their very few wins in Melbourne), but there also needs to be experienced senior players out there to help the kids develop.

Anyone old enough to remember the bullshit we'd cop while packed into Princes Park when the Blues were up and about savours every single victory we have over them, regardless of circumstance. F*** 'em!

Full ******* agree!!

I was at the game and I remember it being announced as about 15,000. It was definitely a good crowd but not packed.

I've seen practice matches with significantly more intensity than last night's game. I know that you can only beat the opposition that you're up against but the term "opposition" is being generous for the effort put in by the tankers.

How can supposedly professional athletes be so deficient in so many basic aspects of the game?

The fact that the Roos are able to punish sides is great. In past years they have done enough to win the winnable games but not go on to have a decisive win. The signs are good that the team is growing together. I am realistic in knowing that due to the inexperience of some of our team the standard will some time dip but there is definite improvement.

In the second quarter we were flat and the move of Maj into ruck changed the game. He dominated that 10 minutes and the game was over.

Great point. Maj was jumping all over their ruckman when he came on and gave Goldy a valuable break. Maj's flexibility as a defender/ruckman could be very useful as the year goes on.

One of the recurring themes from the more thoughtful of the Carlton supporters on their board is the serious concern that their young players will not develop to an appropriate standard due to the lack of onfield leadership from senior players, simply because they don't have many. Losing Gibbs has hurt more than they will admit, and without Murphy last night, the only senior players out there were Simpson, Kreuzer and Daisy.

Melbourne made the same mistake a few years ago in getting rid of their senior players, and still they haven't made the finals after years of not making the finals.

I get, and share, the excitement of playing kids (how good was the selection for round 1 last year? A warm fuzzy glow that lasted until WCE dismantled us in one of their very few wins in Melbourne), but there also needs to be experienced senior players out there to help the kids develop.
Yep. This is what happens when you continually trade your best players for high draft picks. Locked in the purgatory of a rebuild that never ends. Their supporters and players are utterly despondent, all the hope and life had been sucked out of them. Yet you'll still get fools in the media lauding their 'responsible' approach and claiming their rebuild is 3 years ahead of ours

Good clubs do it this way. Look at Sydney and Hawthorn. It’s a myth that you have to strip to bare bottom to rise again. All that does is creates a losing mentality.

However I would say this - doing it this way should also create an expectation of getting results - Scott can’t play a reasonably mature side yet still use the youth as an excuse.

Kids should be played when they deserve a game. Pure and simple.

If we can lose Harvey, Petrie, Spud, Dal, Wells, Swallow, LT, Hansen and still field a reasonable side - it’s a testament to a good list management, not a sign of weakness.

Sydney and the Hawks both have had solid success trading in players from elsewhere to compliment their regeneration. Adding in Sydney had the massive leg up of getting zoned talent for five fifths of stuff all.

We have struggled to get talent across and haven't made a great fist of trading, excluding Kelly and Dusty we had a red hot crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back