Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Full Tilt poker
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23794041-2862,00.html

HAWTHORN star Buddy Franklin will not face disciplinary action after being thrown out of a city nightclub hours after his side's first defeat of the season.
The enigmatic forward was at popular city spot CQ Bar with teammate Chance Bateman when a bouncer ejected him before midnight on Saturday.
Franklin and Bateman had returned from Tasmania about 9pm after the side tasted its first defeat of the season at the hands of premiership rivals, the Western Bulldogs.
A Hawks spokesman said CQ Bar's management had apologised following the incident but could not confirm what had happened to cause the flare-up.
"Management has apologised to Chance for being out of order. There was nothing in it. From what I understand, the bouncer has taken it upon himself to eject Buddy," he said. "The club doesn't think there is an issue."
CQ Bar management was not available to comment yesterday.

Who else reckons the bouncer is an essendon supporter?
Buddy probably gave him lip that he will kick more goals than essendons entire team this week.. :p

Big story on radio 1/2 hourly news this morning was the "growing violence in Melbourne's streets." Outlined the latest scuffles and included "Hawthorn star Lance Franklin thrown out of a nightclub."

They gave the impression that Franklin was violently running riot.

Grubby sensationalism at it's worst.

They have spies that they pay. Getting evicted from a club could have happened alot of ways. Peaceful or forceful. Or maybe he just walked out and the security thought I will walk behind him to look good. Anyway who cares?

I read that in the other forum. Buddy would eat Reimers for dinner if true and it would have to be a cheap hit from behind

were you the same guy who recons that size is the only thing that matters in a fight? that fact that buddy is 10cm taller and 10kgs heavier is the only thing that matters? ever seen a pub fight? most pub fights you will see the smaller guy win because they want it more

were you the same guy who recons that size is the only thing that matters in a fight? that fact that buddy is 10cm taller and 10kgs heavier is the only thing that matters? ever seen a pub fight? most pub fights you will see the smaller guy win because they want it more

Romantic nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wears orange boots mate, he wont ever win a fight :thumbsu:

What a load of s**t. How does being a smaller guy mean you want it more? :rolleyes:

What a load of s**t. How does being a smaller guy mean you want it more? :rolleyes:

im speaking generally, because most of the time its the smaller guy trying to prove himself... big guys dont feel the need to prove themselves they feel because they are big that they can beat anyone in a fight.. the smaller guy has something to prove the big guy doesnt.. of course thats generally speaking.

the point was the size means next to 0 in a fight. which was what i was trying to show

im speaking generally, because most of the time its the smaller guy trying to prove himself... big guys dont feel the need to prove themselves they feel because they are big that they can beat anyone in a fight.. the smaller guy has something to prove the big guy doesnt.. of course thats generally speaking.

the point was the size means next to 0 in a fight. which was what i was trying to show
Vander v McPhee is probably a good example:D

Size means nothing in a bar fight:D an advantage of having some size is when you hit someone they stay hit!

Yes it's the old

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" Argument.

I am sure my under 15 footy coach would be proud.

Three things matter mate - Nouse (Smarts) Agility (Check 1 for buddy) and Size (Check 2 for buddy)

Wanting it doesn't mean s**t....in fact, if you want it too much you are likely to throw silly manic punches..miss and cop a lovely straight jab in the eye.

Buddy = 196cm/101kg

Me = approx 25 cm shorter/50kg less

Bomberstomake8, do you really think I'd beat Buddy in a bar fight just because I want it more? :rolleyes:

Hint: the answer is no, I'd get absolutely destroyed. :D

Buddy = 196cm/101kg

Bomberstomake8, do you really think I'd beat Buddy in a bar fight just because I want it more? :rolleyes:

but being buddy you wouldnt care that much ;) "omg he touched me, he touched me" :p

Yes it's the old

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" Argument.

I am sure my under 15 footy coach would be proud.

Three things matter mate - Nouse (Smarts) Agility (Check 1 for buddy) and Size (Check 2 for buddy)

Wanting it doesn't mean s**t....in fact, if you want it too much you are likely to throw silly manic punches..miss and cop a lovely straight jab in the eye.

im not saying wanting it more is the deciding factor or anything like that, there are people who dont know how to fight and people who do, thats the main determinant. if you know where to hit someone to knock them out you are obviously going to win.. but it does mean a lot

size does have an influence for example the guy who said that someone at 150cm fighting someone 195cm and a lot heavier is going to have an influence. but thats an extreme. i would argue that 10cm in height and an extra 10 kilos means next to nothing in a bar fight.

the example of vanders and mcphee is a pretty good one, i know it was said with a bit of sarcasm but for all vanders somewhat poor onfeild efforts for a captain he was a little hard nut.. think about it the other way aaron sandilands vs jono brown. sandy would have an extra 15cm on brown and an extra 20 or so kilos but who would you back to win in a fight? id have my money on brown...

Buddy = 196cm/101kg

In MMA have seen 70kg fighters knock out 110 kg heavyweights many times (while training). The size of the person does not mean they can fight. It depends on many factors including from natural assets (strong jaw/knockout punch/reflex/heart) as well as the learned skills (how to fight/counter/ how fit/strong/fast you are). Buddy is an awesome football player but that does not mean he can fight. He might be a good fighter but it can only be proved by actually fighting and I don't think a person with such brilliant football skills ever needs to go down that track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back