No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles 2018 premiership remains the most impressive premiership ever won, don't think many people would argue with that.
It's up there.... Maybe In the top 3 when it comes to Non Victorian sides beating a Vic side in a grand final.

Crows in 1998 grand final has to be up there as they beat North Melbourne , who won at least 10-12 games in a row before that grand final before the crows won 15.15.105 to 8.22.70.

Brisbanes 2001 grand final win vs Essendon was impressive. Essendon in 2000 won the flag with only 1 loss.

Bombers finished top 2 again and looked liked going back to back in 2001 half time in that 2001 grand final.

Brisbanes 2001-03 flags were impressive lookin' back at it.

Hell, even if they lost either 2001 or 2003, meaning go back to back in either 2001-2 or 2002-3, the Brisbane side would still be remembered as a good side

It did take the biggest, richest and most resourced club in the league to do it, and it was only by a kick in the end.
Don't worry mate, ports time will come again. You will probably win another flag or 2 before the dockers even get one, if the dockers ever win one in my life time lol.

But in all seriousness, I envisioned the eagles winning Their 5th flag vs a non Victorian side.

Saying that I reckon that is the next SA teams (crows and port) next flag will come from.

Tassie coming in the comp in 2028, then a 20th side comes in 2029.

10 Victorian sides and 10 non Victorian sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back