No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. And it’ll be that way this year. Melbourne or Collingwood should make a GF against Brisbane or Port. I genuinely hope that it’s an interstate premier this year.
Even if it's us beating you guys? Or is it more you would rather us/port win it rather then the pies?

Even if it's us beating you guys? Or is it more you would rather us/port win it rather then the pies?
If Brisbane beat Melbourne in a GF then I’d not be particularly disappointed. It would be a nice kick in the guts to the VFL and it’d show the Lions aren’t finals flops. I’d be happy to see Brisbane or Port beat whoever.

I think both Brisbane and Port have toughed it out. Both built really good lists over time. Port in particular due to Hinkley showing the longevity, the club backing him, and bouncing back after last year. You like those stories. Brisbane winning would be amazing for the game nationally, in order for the VFL to be put back in their box we need strong northern state sides.

If Melbourne wins, great. But I’d personally prefer a lions premiership.

I think both Brisbane and Port have toughed it out. Both built really good lists over time. Port in particular due to Hinkley showing the longevity, the club backing him, and bouncing back after last year. You like those stories. Brisbane winning would be amazing for the game nationally, in order for the VFL to be put back in their box we need strong northern state sides.

If Melbourne wins, great. But I’d personally prefer a lions premiership.
Kudos mate. I like the cut of your jib.

The reality for Brisbane is that they’ll have to absolutely play out of their skins to win it. You’ll have to deal with playing on another teams home ground. Your football has to be A1 and the reality is that it’s going to take an effort bigger than WC in 18 as Collingwood are better.

The AFL want a Collingwood win, so you’ll probably deal with umpiring bullshit as well.

I’ve also seen a totally dominant Victorian premier period, 15-16 years now. My team has beaten the WB, which was nothing better after they cheated in 2016. That’s enough for me. The Vic media is totally bias and it’s literally started impacting the integrity beyond fairness. The GF locked into the G to 2057!

Totally unfair.

The reality for Brisbane is that they’ll have to absolutely play out of their skins to win it. You’ll have to deal with playing on another teams home ground. Your football has to be A1 and the reality is that it’s going to take an effort bigger than WC in 18 as Collingwood are better.

The AFL want a Collingwood win, so you’ll probably deal with umpiring bullshit as well.
I think our best is absolutely good enough. The question mark is around playing 4 qtrs. At this point in time we haven't showed we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our best is absolutely good enough. The question mark is around playing 4 qtrs. At this point in time we haven't showed we can.

agree, and the problem with grand finals, as soon as one team drops off for a bit, then the momentum can cause a blow out.

Regardless of who's playing, I just don't want it be one sided.

Of the finalists, I think i'd like a Lions/Saints gf but don't think that's going to happen.

It’s that first quarter that’s all important when an interstate team plays a tenant.

Mcg teams get a bit of a blitz on and your guys need something special to spark you.

Freo came back too late, we didn’t come back at all in 2015 and some willie rioli utter magic sparked us in 2018.

I reckon if willi rioli didnt kick that goal, we were up for the 2015 remix.

The * sort of supporter are you.
A person that doesn’t really give that much of a *, and one that doesn’t need to define oneself by pinning their colours to the mast with dogged defiance all the time.

Be great to see a non Vic premier for once. If Melbourne win, amazing, otherwise I’d be really happy for the lions or power.

A person that doesn’t really give that much of a *, and one that doesn’t need to define oneself by pinning their colours to the mast with dogged defiance all the time.

Be great to see a non Vic premier for once. If Melbourne win, amazing, otherwise I’d be really happy for the lions or power.
Yet you post every 3rd post, complaining about it, barracking for a club but your own to win it, so long as they beat a vic club.

You're not a dees supporter, you're a plant. It's obvious. Talk about rent free!

Keep going with your hate all things vic, we don't give a sh*t.

Yet you post every 3rd post, complaining about it, barracking for a club but your own to win it, so long as they beat a vic club.

You're not a dees supporter, you're a plant. It's obvious. Talk about rent free!

Keep going with your hate all things vic, we don't give a sh*t.
Well your a humble magpies fan after that 2023 flag.

Forever teasing and rarely pleasing you said.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back