Noam Chomsky: "yeah, maybe the Russians tried to interfere in the election"

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

Chomsky stops short of calling it all complete Bullshit, cause it's not his style, though he intimates it throughout here, all the same, in referring to it as a complete joke.

If you want foreign interference, then try Israel & Saudi Arabia.....Kulinski makes some excellent points thereafter.

Russia-gate as a Council on Foreign Relations/ C.I.A invention to maintain the continued rape & pillage of U.S Democracy & the maintenance of power & control of the purse strings through defence spending & the inauguration of a New Cold War.

All of Mueller's indictments have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with election interference or collusion relating to it.

Manafort was all to do with Ukranian Oligarchs & Flynn was tied to Turkey & the attempted failed C.I.A coup.

Conclusion: The Russia-Gate farce has been a scam on the U.S population from day 1.....The media are fooling no-one who thinks for themselves here with this.

this is yet another example of the OP's inability to make reasonable inferences from available information. chomsky doesn't say it's bullshit, he says that nothing the russians did comes close to the US' long and glorious history of manipulating and meddling in other countries' affairs.

So, you know, yeah, maybe the Russians tried to interfere in the election. That’s not a major issue. Maybe the people in the Trump campaign were talking to the Russians. Well, okay, not a major point, certainly less than is being done constantly.

democracynow.org/2017/4/4/chomsky_half_the_world_is_laughing

always liked chomsky.

Chomsky does not accept Illuminati conspiracy theories or the conspiracy theory surrounding the September 11 attacks, and regards the Federal Reserve, Trilateral Commission and Bilderberg Group as being organisations of no real significance or threat. This has led to many wingnut conspiracy theorists arguing that Chomsky is in fact a tool of the New World Order, being used to brainwash the masses into accepting leftist ideas. Or something like that. A few members of conspiracy idiot squad We Are Change even once went to the extent of protesting a Chomsky speaking engagement, expressing these sentiments.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Noam_Chomsky

• Banned
this is yet another example of the OP's inability to make reasonable inferences from available information. chomsky doesn't say it's bullshit, he says that nothing the russians did comes close to the US' long and glorious history of manipulating and meddling in other countries' affairs.

democracynow.org/2017/4/4/chomsky_half_the_world_is_laughing

always liked chomsky.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Noam_Chomsky

No he openly says it's a joke.....Just like most of your posts.

No he openly says it's a joke.....Just like most of your posts.

like i said, inability to make reasonable inferences. he says the focus, interest and feigned importance of the russian meddling is a joke; that it pales into insignificance compared with the US' similar (but much worse) crimes. i just provided you with a quote from him ffs. you sure as * won't find any quotes where he reckons the DMC emails came from seth rich who was then murderd by the clintons, lol.

The Russia bashing is being pushed by facets of the American military industrial complex through the media. They are so obviously desperate for a war with Russia and it's downright disgusting. The FBI/CIA or whoever the bloody hell it is has a history of lying in order to cause war. Hollywood and their mainstream media are also throwing the toys out of the cot, re their corrupt candidate H Clinton, and they can't hack that people woke up to this. That's not to say Trump is faultless by any means, but people need to seriously get some perspective. Two world powers becoming allies would be great, especially if it means one less war having to be fought (particularly because we always follow the US).

Chomsky stops short of calling it all complete Bullshit, cause it's not his style, though he intimates it throughout here, all the same, in referring to it as a complete joke.

If you want foreign interference, then try Israel & Saudi Arabia.....Kulinski makes some excellent points thereafter.

Russia-gate as a Council on Foreign Relations/ C.I.A invention to maintain the continued rape & pillage of U.S Democracy & the maintenance of power & control of the purse strings through defence spending & the inauguration of a New Cold War.

All of Mueller's indictments have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with election interference or collusion relating to it.

Manafort was all to do with Ukranian Oligarchs & Flynn was tied to Turkey & the attempted failed C.I.A coup.

Conclusion: The Russia-Gate farce has been a scam on the U.S population from day 1.....The media are fooling no-one who thinks for themselves here with this.
You can be concerned about Israeli and Saudi influence while still believing Trump is corrupt enough and foolhardy enough to enter into a quid pro quo relationship with Russian actors. These are not mutually exclusive.

The Russia bashing is being pushed by facets of the American military industrial complex through the media. They are so obviously desperate for a war with Russia and it's downright disgusting. The FBI/CIA or whoever the bloody hell it is has a history of lying in order to cause war. Hollywood and their mainstream media are also throwing the toys out of the cot, re their corrupt candidate H Clinton, and they can't hack that people woke up to this. That's not to say Trump is faultless by any means, but people need to seriously get some perspective. Two world powers becoming allies would be great, especially if it means one less war having to be fought (particularly because we always follow the US).
What about the globalists? You need to mention the globalists for me to get "inarticulate conspiracy rant bingo".

Nailed it :thumbsu:

You can be concerned about Israeli and Saudi influence while still believing Trump is corrupt enough and foolhardy enough to enter into a quid pro quo relationship with Russian actors. These are not mutually exclusive.

I think Chomsky's point is that even if there are Trump & Russian ties, then so what?....All countries spy on each other & try to influence policy that will affect them all the time, mostly & especially the U.S.

The point is that the entire thing is nothing but a huge beat up by the military industrial complex, with it's intel & Pentagon amalgum, as a means to maintain a hold on power & control of the nations purse-strings & it's foreign policy.....Kind of a hard notion to reject for mine.

Peace between Russia & the U.S is merely a diplomatic phone call away.....But the powers that be are so invested in conflict cause that's what brings them all the cookies.....and the rest of the world & U.S Democracy in particular, be damned.

I think Chomsky's point is that even if there are Trump & Russian ties, then so what?
We should confirm the nature of those ties and Trump should account for them.

All countries spy on each other & try to influence policy that will affect them all the time, mostly & especially the U.S.
To what extent do US candidates enter into illegal quid pro quo arrangements with foreign governments to damage opponents? I'm not sure that's as commonplace as you suggest.

It is possible to object to what while also pointing out the malign influence of the Saudi and Israeli lobbies.

How is it rational to say "the Saudis and the Israeli are dodgy, so we shouldn't worry about this Russia stuff"?

You know, you could catch Aids or gonorrhea, so don't worry about syphilis. How about none of the above?

The point is that the entire thing is nothing but a huge beat up by the military industrial complex, with it's intel & Pentagon amalgum, as a means to maintain a hold on power & control of the nations purse-strings & it's foreign policy.....Kind of a hard notion to reject for mine.
But we know that members of the Trump campaign were meeting with Russians to discuss cooperation; in particular, to obtain material to damage Clinton. And they have lied about this repeatedly. Which part of that is untrue?

Peace between Russia & the U.S is merely a diplomatic phone call away.....But the powers that be are so invested in conflict cause that's what brings them all the cookies.....and the rest of the world & U.S Democracy in particular, be damned.
That depends how you define "peace between Russia and the US".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the globalists? You need to mention the globalists for me to get "inarticulate conspiracy rant bingo".
Such a typical response. You obviously believe everything certain "news" outlets feed you. What would you like to talk about? Supposed weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq or even the Gulf of Tonkin incident? What did they lead to? Wars. They are doing exactly the same thing now, it's blatantly obvious. People make money from war, but everyone else just dies. The mainstream left are so filled with hate that they have become pro-war, and more reasonable leftists (like Jimmy Dore) are tearing their hair out. Trump is not from the establishment (I'm not advocating for him here), so he is pushing against this, (although he occasionally back pedals due to behind the scenes pressure). The media use Trump as a means of creating hysteria by claiming Russia rigged the election, as well as all these other bizarre stories they come up with in order to distract from the real issue at hand. Seriously, who cares about his private affairs if it means the US don't start another farking war? Might I add, the hypocrisy here is ridiculous, especially considering America has a ridiculous history of meddling in and/or destroying other countries.
Furthermore, if you think my post was inarticulate you clearly need to go back to year 3 reading comprehension.

you think the military industrial complex wants to start a war which has a reasonable chance of destroying most of its assets and a fair number of its customers?
Obviously they don't want a nuclear war, but a repeat of the cold war would be sufficient.

Such a typical response. You obviously believe everything certain "news" outlets feed you. What would you like to talk about? Supposed weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq or even the Gulf of Tonkin incident? What did they lead to? Wars. They are doing exactly the same thing now, it's blatantly obvious. People make money from war, but everyone else just dies. The mainstream left are so filled with hate that they have become pro-war, and more reasonable leftists (like Jimmy Dore) are tearing their hair out. Trump is not from the establishment (I'm not advocating for him here), so he is pushing against this, (although he occasionally back pedals due to behind the scenes pressure). The media use Trump as a means of creating hysteria by claiming Russia rigged the election, as well as all these other bizarre stories they come up with in order to distract from the real issue at hand. Seriously, who cares about his private affairs if it means the US don't start another farking war? Might I add, the hypocrisy here is ridiculous, especially considering America has a ridiculous history of meddling in and/or destroying other countries.
Furthermore, if you think my post was inarticulate you clearly need to go back to year 3 reading comprehension.

Don't mind Sweet Jesus....He just like to stir the pot is all.

Such a typical response.
That's rich.

You obviously believe everything certain "news" outlets feed you. What would you like to talk about? Supposed weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq or even the Gulf of Tonkin incident. What did they lead to? Wars. They are doing exactly the same thing now, it's blatantly obvious. People make money from war, but everyone else just dies. The mainstream left are so filled with hate that they have become pro-war, and more reasonable leftists (like Jimmy Dore) are tearing their hair out. Trump is not from the establishment (I'm not advocating for him here), so he is pushing against this, (although he occasionally back pedals due to behind the scenes pressure). The media use Trump as a means of creating hysteria by claiming Russia rigged the election, as well as all these other bizarre stories they come up with in order to distract from the real issue at hand. Seriously, who cares about his private affairs if it means the US don't start another farking war? Might I add, the hypocrisy here is ridiculous, especially considering America has a ridiculous history of meddling in and/or destroying other countries.
But holding Trump to account for his collusion with Russia isn't the same as wanting war with Russia.

It is possible to support the first part of that without supporting the second part.

People care about his "private affairs" if he entered into an illegal quid pro quo arrangement with a foreign government. Surely that doesn't come as a shock.

Who are the people on "the left" who are now "pro-war" with Russia?

You can add it. But it doesn't make it sensible. You just stitch together a Frankenstein with bits and pieces of every other standard conspiracy theory and hope it sticks.

We should confirm the nature of those ties and Trump should account for them.

That depends how you define "peace between Russia and the US".

Nah, they're fairly irrelevant in the overall scheme of things.....This is just projecting ghosts where there are none.....All of Mueller's chargers were against spies for doing the usual spy stuff.....In other words, a total nothing-burger of a beat-up to justify 20 months of crapola, to ensure the Deep State maintains a power-grip upon U.S foreign policy is all.

I think we all want peace....And last I checked, it's the U.S war-machine that currently has Russia encircled & threatening yet more sanctions.

Nah, they're fairly irrelevant in the overall scheme of things
They're not irrelevant.

This is just projecting ghosts where there are none
But we know that members of the Trump campaign were meeting with Russians to discuss cooperation; in particular, to obtain material to damage Clinton. And they have lied about this repeatedly. Which part of that is untrue?

All of Mueller's chargers were against spies for doing the usual spy stuff.....In other words, a total nothing-burger of a beat-up to justify 20 months of crapola, to ensure the Deep State maintains a power-grip upon U.S foreign policy is all.
See above.

I think we all want peace....And last I checked, it's the U.S war-machine that currently has Russia encircled & threatening yet more sanctions.
Yes, Putin just wants to get along with everyone.

They're not irrelevant.

See above.

I see you haven't watched either video then.....Or if you had, you've obviously not paid them very close attention....Get back to me when you have.

They're not irrelevant.

See above.

Putin has NATO countries right on his border.

Obviously they don't want a nuclear war, but a repeat of the cold war would be sufficient.

do you genuinely think the poster was suggesting that the military industrial complex was after a cold war with russia, despite that term not being used and the language clearly suggesting otherwise? and do any of us really think that the relationship between the countries was so good before the DMC hacks that the MIC needed to take action due to insufficient defence spending? (they must've been really disappointed with their crimea false flag.)

i bet 99% of people who claim russia wasn't behind the DMC hacks ("no evidence!") are completely satisfied that the US/israel created stuxnet.

What's your point, big guy?

Why do you think those countries joined Nato?

Many of them had no choice in the matter....It was quite literally forced down their throats.

Maybe Mexico, Cuba & Canada should invite Russian nuclear armaments onto their soil.....A bit of quid pro quo for the reckoning......And Jamaica can invite them into their waters, just like the U.S is in the Black Sea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back