Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

"Government was motivated by its desire to demonstrate its compassion and virtue to its supporters" - written like that's a bad thing. I shake my head.

"over reacted to a sensationalist media, fanned by press reports of community outrage etc." people have been protesting this for years now. I've been on the streets for it several times over the years. You want sensationalist media? I could post you videos & pics to see if you can stomach it (you DGAF so you probably could). So when it does get a bit of media rather than being shoved under the carpet like it has been for years (because there wasn't mobile phones with video in those days) you reakon it's sensationalist!!!!!! By God, go hide back in the comfort of your ignorant dreamworld.

You can't impose conditions and/or punish wrongdoers when the worst of it is the treatment they get is at the ports they arrive in - ie: other countries.

Then there's the horrific conditions on the ships. They haven't punished them either as the ships that have seen so much suffering of animals are still being allowed here to continue.

"Transporting live animals has been going on forever." OMG. Let's go back to slavery, hell, let's open up Port Arthur, shoot indigenous Australians when they piss us off, take the vote off women, enter your backward world retro ideas here ................

It is simple. BAN LIVE EXPORT. Give the jobs to people here and export frozen produce. Ask all the meat workers union people who were at all the protests.

Thankyou for your comments, NBates, it's unusual to find such passion in a post. It came as a surprise because in other posts you come across as more restrained. Are you a farm invader by any chance ?

I think Marcus Bontempelli will end up being a fair footballer (footy content, to keep maddog37 happy)

Last edited:
merge the crap coronavirus thread with it then and at least contain the political rants into one area.

It’s spreading from thread to thread.
Nah not really. Both are lucky dips (some of it crap, some of it good discussion) but neither of them are designated or intended as footy threads.

It'll be a neglected sideshow in a week or so.

Besides, one person's crap is another person's faecal transplant!
:poo:

Nah not really. Both are lucky dips (some of it crap, some of it good discussion) but neither of them are designated or intended as footy threads.

It'll be a neglected sideshow in a week or so.

Besides, one person's crap is another person's faecal transplant!
:poo:

eitger way you still have to wade through it with a peg on your nose.

merge the crap coronavirus thread with it then and at least contain the political rants into one area.

It’s spreading from thread to thread.
Eh? Even if I could, I wouldn't. Separate topics.

I will never shut up over this issue Maddog. The discussion started as it was relevant to CV19 because the crew of the live export ship that docked in Freo was delayed in departing due to the crew having the virus. The rest of the live export discussion was due to the decision in parliament yesterday.

So oops! It's not in the correct thread. Apols.

Carry on.

Last edited:
both non football topics which this thread is for🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
For me though, I'm sick to death of hearing about COVID. It's everywhere, so I'm glad it's contained on Bigfooty within that one thread so I don't have to keep reading the same debates.

At least this way we get other topics coming up. Not sure how others feel but that's just me

For me though, I'm sick to death of hearing about COVID. It's everywhere, so I'm glad it's contained on Bigfooty within that one thread so I don't have to keep reading the same debates.

At least this way we get other topics coming up. Not sure how others feel but that's just me

that thread ain’t even about covid anymore. Partly what I’m getting at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello, Fossie 32. I met you/your idol in the Social Club, 1989. Frightened the s..t out of me.
Great to hear Nicky was such an inspiration for you.
Not sure about the mission to China, if I was navigator I think people in several other continents would have good cause to be nervous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back