Non-AFL chat thread part 2

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just found out I have bursitis, and thinking about Bailey Smith playing through it for half a a year, respect. This hurts just to walk on.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
Man the Melb rebels s**t the bed at home tonight.
Would’ve made the finals if they had’ve won. Instead the got scorched 59-8.

They were outscored 125-8 in their last 2 games.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Pretty keen for the Cricket World Cup, cannot see England winning it though. A bad loss against the Peoteas in the first game and the media will be all over the Poms. History says they struggle in the limelight.
West Indies was impressive in its warm-up game last night against NZ, reckon there is only three or four teams that could win it tbh.

Think you were right and I was wrong about the poms. It’s not over for them but if Pakistan can beat NZ tomorrow suddenly they are in big trouble. Might need to beat NZ and India just to qualify.

Most complete performance of the World Cup for us. Our late innings batting was fairly poor and probably cost us 30 runs but apart from that it was almost the perfect performance. Might be peaking at just the right time.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think you were right and I was wrong about the poms. It’s not over for them but if Pakistan can beat NZ tomorrow suddenly they are in big trouble. Might need to beat NZ and India just to qualify.

Most complete performance of the World Cup for us. Our late innings batting was fairly poor and probably cost us 30 runs but apart from that it was almost the perfect performance. Might be peaking at just the right time.
We played our best team as well. Suited the conditions perfectly. My boy, Behrendorff, should almost stay in now. Marsh should come in for Uzzie and NCN in for Stoinis and i'll be really happy. Nothing pleases me more than knowing we put the first nail in England's coffin. No way do they beat India, meaning they go into the last game knowing they (likely) have to win to progress. NZ are not as good as they seem though imo, despite sitting pretty in second. Kane Williamson has saved the day and if you get him out early, hard to do of course, then the Kiwis' middle to lower order will crumble.

Same seems to be the case for us though with Maxwell. In any case, should be a good last few games before it really ramps up for finals.

They won't beat India if they started now, even if they were supposedly favourites. That said some pressure looks as though will be off just a little with South Africa looking like beating Sri Lanka (who can't afford to be tied with England on the table because England have the tie-breaker, being most wins). Pakistan have the inside running playing Afghanistan next (but they can't afford a loss to Bangladesh in their other game as BAN have the tie-breaker there, being net run rate).

As for Australia, we just need to avoid playing India in the semi final and take the chances at Lord's in the final.

On another note, should I lower myself to even lower standards next Sunday and give Kane Cornes a piece of everyone's mind? He's doing the half marathon at Gold Coast (I'm doing the full marathon) and will probably be finished at about the time the marathon starts (half PB for him is about 1:12 from memory, which is only about 10 minutes slower than the elites and 32 minutes quicker than my best).....

Just turned the tennis on to hear them say Svitolona had won 19 out of the last 20 points. From there she lost 4 points straight to lose the game then lost the next to 15 :)
And the next to love :)

Looks like the rain rules are going to really screw NZ over in this match (if their batting hasn't done so already, Ross Taylor was making Mark Taylor look like Adam Gilchrist). Basically instead of what I thought was going to be a new game on the reserve day, they are actually going to resume the match from the point where it stopped with NZ having to bat for 4 overs. If they got back on today, it meant India would need to have chased a D/L method target which actually would have made NZ's low score seem bigger. With the forecast not favourable for tomorrow, NZ need to get 20 overs in as another washout would mean India advance (Australia are advantaged in this scenario in the other semi final, but if there were 2 washouts for the final the trophy would be shared).

India vs NZ is turning into a ripper 2DI.
India need 62 off 6 overs and only 4 wkts left. Were 6-92. Current partnership between Dhoni and Jadeja worth 86 off 81 balls.

Back