Non-AFL chat thread part 2

TJ gold.

My other half told me that someone rang up about the vic travel vouchers the other day (before the hooha). TJ said "they've all been posted haven't they?" Well no Tony, you have to apply unless you got a special one in your mail!!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Even Tone couldn't stomach Kennett when he was on air today. Caller rang up after that and said Kennett is a ******* so that was good :D

Catches win matches. India dropped a clutch of catches (is that the right collective noun) in the first test and ended up about 100 runs short of setting Australia a seriously challenging target.

In this second test it's Australia who dropped half a dozen catches (Rahane and Gill went on to score another 40 runs each after being dropped in the first innings). And it's we who are about 100 runs short of a seriously challenging target.

Will we be able to bounce back like India did? Surely Burns has to go, hopefully for Warner. Smith needs to make a score (double figures would be nice for a starter) and I'm not convinced about Travis Head either.

Jeff you mean? What was he banging on about?
Yes, saying we need another enquiry to find out what went wrong with Covid control.

We had Susan Davies win as an independent here [normally rusted on Lib electorate] when he got kicked out of office so that was nice :D

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Had the radio Test commentary on in the car this morning. Bulldogs tragic Merv Hughes got a chuckle out of me when he suggested that Marcus Bontempelli should be opening the batting for Australia next match. One of the nonAFL state co-commentators had no idea what he was on about.

Had the radio Test commentary on in the car this morning. Bulldogs tragic Merv Hughes got a chuckle out of me when he suggested that Marcus Bontempelli should be opening the batting for Australia next match. One of the nonAFL state co-commentators had no idea what he was on about.
Could rack up a huge partnership with Libba :)

Catches win matches. India dropped a clutch of catches (is that the right collective noun) in the first test and ended up about 100 runs short of setting Australia a seriously challenging target.

In this second test it's Australia who dropped half a dozen catches (Rahane and Gill went on to score another 40 runs each after being dropped in the first innings). And it's we who are about 100 runs short of a seriously challenging target.

Will we be able to bounce back like India did? Surely Burns has to go, hopefully for Warner. Smith needs to make a score (double figures would be nice for a starter) and I'm not convinced about Travis Head either.
Couldn't believe Head's average is around 40. He just never seems to make runs.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Warner in for Burns, Pucovski in for Head. Warner and Pucovski open and Wade drops down to number 5.

It's 2021 at last. I thought it'd never get here.
May the New Year bring us (in order)

Unanimity of purpose in tackling climate change and aggressively reducing greenhouse gas emissions
A steep decline in the pandemic (I guess eradication is too much to hope for)
No serious bushfires for the entire summer year
No escalation of conflict between nations
Universal compassion and humanity for the poor, the oppressed, the hungry and the homeless, whatever their faith, colour or language
Reconciliation and respect for the indigenous people who have occupied this land for 60,000 years
An end to domestic violence
Good health - both physical and mental
Happiness and serenity
A flag for the Western Bulldogs
A Brownlow for Ryan Gardner
A Coleman for Josh Bruce

That's not too much to ask for is it?

Best wishes to all.
May all your babies be Bonts.

It's 2021 at last. I thought it'd never get here.
May the New Year bring us (in order)

Unanimity of purpose in tackling climate change and aggressively reducing greenhouse gas emissions
A steep decline in the pandemic (I guess eradication is too much to hope for)
No serious bushfires for the entire summer year
No escalation of conflict between nations
Universal compassion and humanity for the poor, the oppressed, the hungry and the homeless, whatever their faith, colour or language
Reconciliation and respect for the indigenous people who have occupied this land for 60,000 years
An end to domestic violence
Good health - both physical and mental
Happiness and serenity
A flag for the Western Bulldogs
A Brownlow for Ryan Gardner
A Coleman for Josh Bruce

That's not too much to ask for is it?

Best wishes to all.
May all your babies be Bonts.
POTY

Hmmmm. It was either yours or mine!
I vote Fossie 32 . His post is clear and to the point. Your post is a bit wordy, especially for so early in the morning. :p

Still about 45 minutes to 2021 in Chicago.

A former Western Bulldogs captain is taking on a former Western Bulldogs coach and current Western Bulldogs recruiting manager in five minutes.

1609492032270.png

Back