Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked by Battlefield 1 and GOW4 on friday.
Really enjoying both games, BF story missions are great (includes aus) and aussie servers are amazing.
GOW4 is just like the old ones but with new storyline and enemies (only into act 2)

I am in tears yet again.

My father, a Chicago White Sox fan, passed away at the age of 80 in August 2004, 14 months before the White Sox won the 2005 World Series. He never saw them win one.

My mum, a one-eyed Chicago Cubs fan, passed away in June of this year at the age of 90. If only she were here today.

This pic is from the only Cubs game she ever attended in May 2006 when she was 80. I've had her pink Cubs cap next to me during all of this evening's game.

momcubs_zpsqneyd3l4.jpg

This one's for you, mum. I told you to stick around until November. Memory eternal.
Congrats Chicago 1 and to the Cubbies as well. Good luck in the Series!

Has anyone seen how awesome Joel Embiid has been this pre season? He's so big. Imagine him with Simmons in the P&R later this year. Plus that have Noel and Okafor, plus a few rookies. AND they have an abundance of future first round picks.

Anyone here played Red Dead on Xbox one? Played it on PS3, but want to smash it out again on the one. But I remember heaps of people complained about it being glitchy AF on 360.

So before I spend a massive $19 I wouldn't mind know if it's gonna be playable.

Bought the Xbox one mainly for backward compatibility so hopefully it's decent.

Anyone here played Red Dead on Xbox one? Played it on PS3, but want to smash it out again on the one. But I remember heaps of people complained about it being glitchy AF on 360.

So before I spend a massive $19 I wouldn't mind know if it's gonna be playable.

Bought the Xbox one mainly for backward compatibility so hopefully it's decent.
I haven't played it on the One but there are a few on the VG board that have. Don't recall anybody complaining about it.

I'm hoping for a remastered version before 2's release but I'm not holding my breath.

Followed the Warriors for 30 years, but I'm honestly struggling to get behind this team. Just doesn't feel right to have pinched KD.

First opening night I haven't watched since NBA league pass was invented.

Weird.
I reckon you made the right call not watching this one mate.. haven't rocked up.

Oh well, I guess that's it. It's ovah. I can't stop crying. I just don't know what to do. Those Cleveland Native Americans are just too good.

Cubs in 5. :D

I labled Dante Exum a bust for where he was picked very early on. He hasn't done anything over his rookie deal to make me change my mind.
Don't know what he is expected to do when he tore his acl..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played one year as a 20 year old then he blew his knee out. Being very harsh on him.

He's played one year as a 20 year old then he blew his knee out. Being very harsh on him.

When you're selected as a top 5 pick in the draft playing at guard, you are expected to come in and make some sort of contribution straight away, especially on a team devoid of guards like Utah. Even just as a bench guy playing 10-15 minutes. Bigs are allowed more time due to the increased defensive responsibility of that position.

I could tell from his dodgy shooting numbers at junior level in Melbourne and Australia that he wasn't going to be a scoring threat at NBA level. He was a dominant player in Australian junior level due to his athleticism and court smarts overall, but still went through tournaments shooting 37% and in the low 40s. For a guy that should have been getting to the rim at will against that opposition, that's pretty poor.

I monitored him pretty closely in his first 82 games. Not making this statement lightly. Utah would take that pick back very quickly if they could.

I don't like my own team. Help.
Having Zaza Pachulia as the most reliable option at center is pretty deplorable and will hurt the dubs defense. Looking at the backup options of Varejao and Javale Mcgee doesn't do much to improve the mood either. With that said, the offense is insane so theyre obviously sacrificing salary from one to benefit another.

Still can't shake the feeling that the dubs team from two years ago is actually the best one we'll see for some weird reason. I even rated them above the record breaking team of last year.

Anthony Davis! Amazing stat line. 50p, 16r, 5a, 7s, 4b! Still lose at home to Denver though. Get that man some help.
Absurd.

Myles Turner for Indiana is going to be a great big man aswell. So bummed the Celtics weren't able to draft him :(

Good to see the Celtics lazily take down Brooklyn and go 1-0 to start the year despite being up 25 and only winning by 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back