Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs make the biggest comeback in the ninth inning in post season baseball history to beat the Giants. Now on to the NLCS. The dream continues!

clappingcubs_zpsgnaec5ox.gif

Edited to add: No luck in getting tickets in the lottery for the NLCS. :( Maybe someone on here has a spare ticket... :p

Last edited:
The Cubs are one win away from playing in the World Series. The dream continues...

091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho_zpsjofo9uul.gif

As the Jays are now out, I really hope the Cubs make it & go all the way! Would be great if it means Steve Bartman can return to Wrigley as well

Have to warn you though, in MLB 16 I was traded to the Indians & won the World Series after beating Toronto in the ALCS & then swept the Cubs 4-0..... :p

The Cubs are one win away from playing in the World Series. The dream continues...

091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho_zpsjofo9uul.gif
Love your passion Chicago1. Since I don't really have a Baseball team I'm definitely rooting for the Cubs to break that drought. You bloody deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So KAT yesterday became the second ever center to make 17/17 free throws in a game. Well, preseason stats don't technically count, but I mean it's just free throws, so there's no real difference between preseason/regular season, but I digress.

He's to Minnesota what Bonti is to us. The leadership at such a young age, the desire to win and succeed...Him dropping 30 odd points in 20 odd minutes yesterday on Marc Gasol, who won defensive player of the year not that long ago was pretty nuts.

No issues from me with already saying KAT's the second best center in the league, and he's not that far off Cousins anyway.

Victory vs Adelaide. One of the best games of soccer I've watched. That last 15 minutes was unbelievable.

Victory vs Adelaide. One of the best games of soccer I've watched. That last 15 minutes was unbelievable.
I'm not a soccer fan at all, I'm working on this game and the last 15 minutes was insane, we stopped working and started just watching because it was that good.

Need to get as much of the A-League on FTA as possible.

There's more talent in the league than ever, matches this good are becoming a regular occurrence.

In two hours the Chicago Cubs will play the most important game in my 64 years of life. I just hope they show the same grit as the Bulldogs did against GWS.

It has been 64 years, one month and 19 days since I was born.

It has been 71 years since the Cubs were in the World Series.

It has been 108 years since the Cubs won the World Series.

GO CUBS GO!

Last edited:
I am in tears yet again.

My father, a Chicago White Sox fan, passed away at the age of 80 in August 2004, 14 months before the White Sox won the 2005 World Series. He never saw them win one.

My mum, a one-eyed Chicago Cubs fan, passed away in June of this year at the age of 90. If only she were here today.

This pic is from the only Cubs game she ever attended in May 2006 when she was 80. I've had her pink Cubs cap next to me during all of this evening's game.

momcubs_zpsqneyd3l4.jpg

This one's for you, mum. I told you to stick around until November. Memory eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back