Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to work the hotspot camera at the cricket yesterday, one of the best days I've ever had. Getting paid $200 to watch the cricket and sit with the team, doesn't get much better.

Stosur up a set as well, now 0-3 in the 2nd set. Not like her at all :rolleyes:.

Well I was wrong about Ebden, very very gutsy win.

Surprised Stosur won, I think she is the most mentally weak female player on tour.

Well I was wrong about Ebden, very very gutsy win.

Surprised Stosur won, I think she is the most mentally weak female player on tour.

Yeah, I was surprised. Didn't think he had it in him.

Especially when she's playing in Australia. Will be interesting to see how far she goes.

Hot one in Melbourne today. Hope everyone is keeping cool.

Here a few current temperatures from around the city right now

Melbourne: 41.4 degrees

Essendon Airport: 41.8 degrees

Viewbank: 41.3 degrees

Laverton: 42.9 degrees

Got to work the hotspot camera at the cricket yesterday, one of the best days I've ever had. Getting paid $200 to watch the cricket and sit with the team, doesn't get much better.

How'd you end up with that job?

Hot one in Melbourne today. Hope everyone is keeping cool.

Here a few current temperatures from around the city right now

Melbourne: 41.4 degrees

Essendon Airport: 41.8 degrees

Viewbank: 41.3 degrees

Laverton: 42.9 degrees

Definitely feeling it in Laverton today

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Not a great tennis watcher but a match I remember was Tsonga absolutely demolishing Nadal in a semi final a few years ago. I doubt whether Rafa had ever been beaten like that before or has ever been beaten like it since. Come to think of it, I doubt Tsonga had ever played like it before or since. He was unstoppable. No one would have beaten him that night.

Haha, Lleyton is infinitely more likeable than he used to be. Can't hate somebody with that much pride for his country and that much fighting spirit.

Although I'm secretly hoping he gets beaten round 1 so he commentates ;) and we don't have to deal with channel 7's woeful commentary team. They had Luke Darcy commentating the tennis last week. Luke ******* Darcy!
Don't u like "the way he goes about it" Dannnnnnnnnn ??! :p ;)

Not sleeping much tonight, its boiling hot in the d0gs household!! Currently 36 degrees up stairs......

About the tennis today,
LLeyton certainly had his chances, Seppi's forehand was on absolute fire and was running around his backhand so much, but full credit to both of them for a long 5 setter in the heat.
I think Kyrgios is going to be an absolute beast on tour, at 18 he has massive weapons and just going to get better, same with Kokkinakis. Future is bright for Aussie tennis I think.
Tomic is a disgrace. Matosevic is weak as piss as well, complaining to the umpire when Nishikori went to get a new racquet after a point in which he ran over, then to take his time and wander over and get a drink the point later, completely wasting time. As well as complaining people were calling him names. Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've kept the air con on upstairs from about late morning yesterday. It's a pleasant 21 degrees upstairs in my house now.

I hate it when you get sunburnt, when you actually put sunscreen on everywhere and reapplied it every hour. This is why I prefer the cold to the heat :p

I hate it when you get sunburnt, when you actually put sunscreen on everywhere and reapplied it every hour. This is why I prefer the cold to the heat :p

If you were crazy enough to go outside, you shouldn't be surprised ;)

If you were crazy enough to go outside, you shouldn't be surprised ;)

I was at Wilson's Prom, you can't not go outside. There's nothing to do inside, and there's a beach right there! :p

But it's soooooooo hot. Outside is the devil.
The devil!

waterboy3.jpg

Upstairs in my house at night with the air con it cools down very well but during the day upstairs even with the air con on its still in the high 20s. 27 degrees right now to be exact. Imagine how bad it must be for all people that don't have an air con.

Melbourne tomorrow 44C then 42C and then a cool change thank goodness

Current temperatures around Melbourne

Melbourne CBD: 38.3C

Essendon Airport: 36.7C

Viewbank: 42.1C

Laverton: 34.1C

The most important thing about the tennis is that Sharapova won and remains in the competition :p
Good looking lady, but can't stand the screeching. There's absolutely no need for it :thumbsdown:

I found it poor form Tex Walker calling Tomic soft for calling off his game injured when Tex has just sat out a year from football injured.
Yes and no. If he won't say that to Tomic's face, he probably shouldn't tweet it. Whether Tomic could have kept playing, only he knows. But you can't play footy with a torn ACL.

The most important thing about the tennis is that Sharapova won and remains in the competition :p

She's alright but certainly not the best. Probably 10 or 15 better ones in the 150 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back