No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Melbourne are great defensively, but genuinely s**t forward of centre. Bottom six s**t.

How the * do they look like 2007 Geelong when we play them?! It’s an enormous black mark against our coaching group.
I think about this every time I watch them play another club & not set the world on fire. Fwd of centre so ordinary. A stain on our coaching efforts

Richmond fans fully in on an “AFL House has put out a directive to make us lose the free kick count every week” conspiracy theory
What have they got against them and the Swans?

x files GIF by The X-Files

If the AFL were really about promoting ANZAC day and its reasons, to a new generation then the day would be shared equally like it used to be. Instead of the same people going every year.

North Melbourne would hate that line “that Friday night footy was pioneered by the Swans” which it was, and I can remember those games, two years before they even had lights at the MCG.

Because they did that here in Melbourne, after the lights went up at the MCG for a oneday cricket tournament called the World Championship of Cricket in 1985.
The Swans played 1 Friday night match in 1983 (and none in 1984), so I wouldn’t label them the pioneers of Friday night football. Once the lights were up at the MCG in 1985, North Melbourne were the predominant team to play on a Friday night for the remainder of the 80’s and early 90’s.

The Swans played 1 Friday night match in 1983 (and none in 1984), so I wouldn’t label them the pioneers of Friday night football. Once the lights were up at the MCG in 1985, North Melbourne were the predominant team to play on a Friday night for the remainder of the 80’s and early 90’s.
Maybe, maybe not, just quoting what that ABC article said. I can still remember being excited by that Friday night game at the SCG in 1983, I reckon they had some in 1985, I remember a game against the cats. And I don’t recall North really getting going with their Friday night games until about 1988?

Maybe, maybe not, just quoting what that ABC article said. I can still remember being excited by that Friday night game at the SCG in 1983, I reckon they had some in 1985, I remember a game against the cats. And I don’t recall North really getting going with their Friday night games until about 1988?
Just a memory flash from the past.

As a very young kid can remember my dad taking me to watch night footy at the lakeside oval at Albert Park. This was around the late 60s, early 70s. So the concept of playing footy at night has been around for a long time. Yes it would've been the VFL night competition. Remember driving home happy as the dogs had won.

Last edited:
Jon Brown reckons Draper is 'protecting himself' by ramming his knee into his opponent. Just like Toby protecting his space by kicking Dahl in the head.

Jon Brown reckons Draper is 'protecting himself' by ramming his knee into his opponent. Just like Toby protecting his space by kicking Dahl in the head.

He’s a Neanderthal

Back