No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good win by the Pies. No favours from the umps. Blues fans a week ago were claiming flag favouritism, now they’ve lost a couple in a row with the Dees & Swans away in the next couple. I love seeing them fail, long may it continue.

Really good win by the Pies. No favours from the umps. Blues fans a week ago were claiming flag favouritism, now they’ve lost a couple in a row with the Dees & Swans away in the next couple. I love seeing them fail, long may it continue.

Cannot abide Carlton being good.

Feels like it’s been so long such we’ve won a game like this
I know we had a couple close wins last year but that Round 19 Game vs Melbourne 2022 was the last time I genuinely celebrated with passion and full emotion when JUH kicked that sealer. It really felt like we wanted that win and earned it. It's a shame we haven't had one of them in awhile. Hopefully theres a few more this year.

Tonight's Coll V Carl featured 4 of our former Footscray and fringe players who all made good contributions. Lipinski in particular has entrenched himself as a valuable component of the Pies midfield. Great to see 26 year old Lachie Sullivan make his debut after several consistent years with us.

I know we had a couple close wins last year but that Round 19 Game vs Melbourne 2022 was the last time I genuinely celebrated with passion and full emotion when JUH kicked that sealer. It really felt like we wanted that win and earned it. It's a shame we haven't had one of them in awhile. Hopefully theres a few more this year.
Only one we have had since 2021.

And Bulldog supporters on here were reluctant to have Garcia and even Richards in the guts. McRae has put Sullivan straight in there. And why not, rotate crew through there. Especially when they’re on.
An issue we have. We need to improve our mid rotations show some courage Bev more than 1 week in a row. You may find the St Kilda game was not an anomaly

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not disagreeing per se (that our recent record in close matches is terrible) but our match against Carlton last year was essentially a close win - we got a couple late that put the margin out to about 20 or so.
Sorry I meant quality win over a top opponent.

If you ever need proof that there is in fact a God, look no further than tonight’s game.

When the moment comes where Carlton start feeling a bit good about themselves, they start getting a bit cocky and arrogant despite it being 1/3 of a season completed so far, God throws a stone at the most perfect time.

Garcia had some great moments in that game too.

I think a major point that's been overlooked here is that Sullivan only got a game because DeGoey and Mitchell were out. Otherwise there was no way he would've got a run. Take out two starting midfielders from any team and there's a fair chance that any replacement is going to get some serious game time, much of it in the middle. Garcia is essentially our Sullivan (though if it were me I would've drafted Sullivan and played and kept Lippa).

Not sure where to put this, but who has fond memories of state of origin footy?

Gulden is so skillful. Whoda thunk I want the Saws to win this.

That GWS guy (Brown?) who laid out the concussion prone McCartin is getting a decent spell me thinks. Looked a lot lot worse than anything West might have been guilty of.

If only helmets were mandated.

Last edited:
Gulden is so skillful. Whoda thunk I want the Saws to win this.

That GWS guy (Brown?) who laid out the concussion prone McCartin is getting a decent spell me thinks. Looked a lot lot worse than anything West might have been guilty of.

If only helmets were mandated.
4 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back