No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I catch a glimpse of the Fuchsias, I remember how we won our flag... in front of most our fans. At the G. And those of us lucky enough to be there got to celebrate. In person.
The next day, everyone got to celebrate with the immediacy of Whitten Oval. In person.

It was great to celebrate winning a flag. In Victoria. At the MCG and VUWO. In person.

Anything less is a hollow victory. With a big asterisk. But forget asterisks. I just enjoy celebrating premierships by being there. In person.

It must be terrible to miss out on that opportunity. Terrible. Luckily we didn't.

🔴⚪🔵 😀

Bont missed from 5 metres

Don’t I ******* know it.

It’s a massive problem, and always has been. He’s almost the perfect player, but he has massive set shot problems from in close/on an angle. Im sure I’m wrong and it’s confirmation bias from one or two instances, but it feels like he misses the simple one and the opposition go straight down and kick one in the next two mins.

Nobody’s perfect, although the Bont is as close as it gets. But it’s a shitty issue to have for an elite player.

Melbourne were on the march, Petty clunked a mark 25m out and should’ve kicked it. He didn’t, time was sucked out of the game and they lost.

It’s difficult to say it’s the main causal factor, because so much happened afterwards. But htf can an AFL player miss that shot. It’s pathetic.
Their Goodwin thread reads remarkably like our Bevo thread.

Every time I catch a glimpse of the Fuchsias, I remember how we won our flag... in front of most our fans. At the G. And those of us lucky enough to be there got to celebrate. In person.
The next day, everyone got to celebrate with the immediacy of Whitten Oval. In person.

It was great to celebrate winning a flag. In Victoria. At the MCG and VUWO. In person.

Anything less is a hollow victory. With a big asterisk. But forget asterisks. I just enjoy celebrating premierships by being there. In person.

It must be terrible to miss out on that opportunity. Terrible. Luckily we didn't.

🔴⚪🔵 😀

I understand this. I ******* hate Melbourne now, Petracca might be my most disliked opposition player, and the BF Melbourne fans are one of the worst groups here.

But I don’t really get the asterisk stuff now, particularly with some distance. Melbourne were the best team all year, they thumped their QF, PF and GF opponents and were worthy premiers. Who knows what would’ve happened if we’d finished top four and not have had to travel all around the country, but the team shat the bed three weeks in a row to fall out of top four so it’s their/our own fault.

All I think about from 2021 is that a fairly basic defensive approach to a team that were dominating out of clearance might have stopped the bleeding and maybe the result is different. But apparently that wasn’t even worth reviewing in the off-season so c’est la vie……

Their Goodwin thread reads remarkably like our Bevo thread.

If it does (I won’t read it) then that’s bonkers. He might not be the brains and he’s probably got some personal deficiencies, but as head coach they’ve finished 1st and won a flag, then finished top four two years in a row. Losing in straight sets twice is shitty, but you could argue if his players kicked vaguely straight - particularly last year - then that could’ve been different.

Our guy lost to WC during their period of being the worst team since Fitzroy, and the hawks when they’re playing no tangible KPFs and haven’t won a game against anyone vaguely competent all season. We’ve been nowhere near top four and barely functional against top 4-8 teams for two years. It’s night and day.

I understand this. I ******* hate Melbourne now, Petracca might be my most disliked opposition player, and the BF Melbourne fans are one of the worst groups here.

But I don’t really get the asterisk stuff now, particularly with some distance. Melbourne were the best team all year, they thumped their QF, PF and GF opponents and were worthy premiers. Who knows what would’ve happened if we’d finished top four and not have had to travel all around the country, but the team shat the bed three weeks in a row to fall out of top four so it’s their/our own fault.

All I think about from 2021 is that a fairly basic defensive approach to a team that were dominating out of clearance might have stopped the bleeding and maybe the result is different. But apparently that wasn’t even worth reviewing in the off-season so c’est la vie……
I always thought that if Jongy had survived that season and played in that GF, we had a way of stemming the flow.

The GWS game that year, in Canberra, was a sliding door. The collateral damage out of that game has had a lasting impact.

Bevo has copped criticism for not deploying run with/tagger players. I've never thought that was particularly fair. I think he thinks that you need to have certain attributes and attitudes for that role to be effective. Jongy was the guy. We haven't been able to replace him.

I just don't like Melbourne FC.

🔴⚪🔵 😀
Yep, in 2022, Dees fan friend travelled to Melbourne planning to attend every final up to Melbourne’s back-to-back flag… 🤔 😉 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it does (I won’t read it) then that’s bonkers. He might not be the brains and he’s probably got some personal deficiencies, but as head coach they’ve finished 1st and won a flag, then finished top four two years in a row. Losing in straight sets twice is shitty, but you could argue if his players kicked vaguely straight - particularly last year - then that could’ve been different.

Our guy lost to WC during their period of being the worst team since Fitzroy, and the hawks when they’re playing no tangible KPFs and haven’t won a game against anyone vaguely competent all season. We’ve been nowhere near top four and barely functional against top 4-8 teams for two years. It’s night and day.
In their eyes they have a generational list akin to Brisbane’s 2001-2003 side and should have had a dynasty, but they constantly lose on big occasions at the G etc and are blowing it.

While their ability to football goes the other way.

Wasn't sure whether to give this a Like for its accuracy, or a Sad Face for its almost unerring accuracy!

So I've quoted and used an excessive volume of words to clarify, as I'm utilising my 'Yelling at clouds' card-carrying membership across threads. For any younger posters with a short attention span... you've probably stopped reading by now anyway! 😄

Can someone post the article
Former Fremantle Docker Cam McCarthy has died at the age of 29.

It is understood paramedics and police were called to Lake Coogee, in Perth’s south, about 6.15pm on Thursday.

“Upon arrival, it was confirmed a 29-year-old male was deceased,” police said.“The death is being treated as non-suspicious.

“A report will be prepared for the coroner.”

Cam McCarthy played 49 games for the Dockers.

McCarthy played 49 games for Fremantle and 21 games for Greater Western Sydney after being drafted from South Fremantle with pick No.14 in 2013.

The forward controversially walked away from the Giants at the end of 2015, sitting out the final year of his contract before being traded to the Dockers.

McCarthy spent three seasons on Fremantle’s list, kicking 63 goals including leading the club’s goal-kicking in 2017.

He quit the club in late 2020 after being told he would not be offered a contract for the following season.

He would return to South Fremantle for the next two seasons but would play only 10 league games before walking away from the game.

I normally am immune to people I didn't know passing away but this is a very sad one. Very young and he had struggles over his journey too (sat out a whole year sure to mental health).

A whole bunch of his ex teammates are playing this weekend too. Really sad situation

Has another player ever had a late career bump from solid hand to out and out gun like Blake Acres? Came across to Carlton on unders, both with trade price (3rd rounder) and contract ($350k per by all reports) yet he is the best wingman in the league by a mile and plays tough contested footy to boot as well.

After Walsh, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering, McKay he is probably their most important player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back