Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I hated Dean Cox as a player, and he's just as unbearable as an assistant coach.

The Swans look amazing all over the ground but I think their tall defenders and forwards might bring them unstuck in September. I also think they may have peeked to early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a disgusting 50. Umpires finish the game, again

I hate the idea of a ‘captains challenge’ but it’s really needed.

It seems every time a game is in the balance the umpire shits themselves and makes a crucial error.

So many close games have been ruined by poor umpiring this year that feels they need to stamp their authority.

Can we please keep these “Welcome to Country” concise?

The game is due to start at 7pm.

When you do a speech make sure you know how long it goes. First lesson of toastmasters.
Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address is considered one of the greatest in history partly because (unlike the long, boring speech that the previous speaker made that day), Lincoln kept it short, sharp and shiny. People (especially fans waiting to watch a game) won't put up with a speech for long, even if it's good.

I hate the idea of a ‘captains challenge’ but it’s really needed.

How does it change that decision though? There's no set time for "late". If the umpire decides it's late it's late. The captain challenging that call doesn't work when the umpires can just say "Yep, still late."

Uncertain if this is the right place to question the AFL.
Andrew Dillon and Laura Kane talk about equalization and integrity. You decide if they walk the walk.

1. For the remainder of the season Essendon travels interstate once .
2. The AFL Organizational Structure has 10 people , 9 of them are Victorian.{ my research skills are not great but even that took some doing}

3. Who is on the integrity part of the league. Is it just a portal. what is their scope? . Is it only First Nations and Homophobic slurs etc that they adjudicate over.
4. Who presides over equalization. Who is responsible?

5. Is it true in this billion dollar business umpires are still part-time.
6. Why have you improved the game with goal reviews, but not extended it ..too howlers.
7. Why do we persevere with the center bounce. How many seconds does it cost the game. If a poll was taken people would prefer umpires learning how to improve rather than endlessly practicing the bounce.
8. How does Collingwood have 17 games in Victoria . If it is about the crowds then it is not about equalization. Be honest.
9. You introduced 4 umpires , what is the percentage of decisions made by the non-presiding umpire.

Okay enough from me for now, though there are so many other questions.

Umpiring standard has really been exposed since moving to 4.

I don't think there is any real bias, just guys who make bad decisions under pressure. Like last night.

Add the inconsistencies in judgement to this that compound the issue.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was technically there. Great decision.
Nope. I’m arguing that it absolutely was not “technically” there. In real time, the Doggies player had very, very little time to pull out of the spoil - I’d love to see just how long it is between the Swan’s player marking it and it being dislodged from his hands.

It’s not like there was a player running by and the Dogs player cynically knocked the ball away or the Swans player was already heading back to take his kick… it was literally mark then spoil. And it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the Swans player fumbles it slightly, in which case coaches and fans would have demanded he had attempted a spoil.

It was a crappy call which destroyed any chance of a Dogs win and ruined the last couple of minutes of football for any neutral fans… honestly, would Swans fans have been outraged if it hadn’t been called? Perhaps some. But most people would have shrugged their shoulders and moved on with it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back