Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell (Hawks coach) is an impressive speaker . Was just on footy classified
By contrast Essendon skipper Dyson Heppel was on On The Couch and couldn't have been less impressive

By contrast Essendon skipper Dyson Heppel was on On The Couch and couldn't have been less impressive

He makes Sloane sound like a good captain.

The way he carried on before running through the banner in his milestone game was a bit embarrassing.

so Ditts on MMM this morning said that the AFL sent a video to all clubs showing 15 examples from last weeks games of dissent towards an umpire that should have resulted in 50m penalties (apparently 8 of those were from Crows players).

Are they suggesting that they are going to start paying 50m for all of these should they keep occurring?

The game will be far worse off for it.

so Ditts on MMM this morning said that the AFL sent a video to all clubs showing 15 examples from last weeks games of dissent towards an umpire that should have resulted in 50m penalties (apparently 8 of those were from Crows players).

Are they suggesting that they are going to start paying 50m for all of these should they keep occurring?

It's such a double whammy rule

If you get shitty decisions against you you're more likely to show dissent and be penalised again

How about not make crap decisions and if they had paid that many against us, the crowd would have rioted.

Also would have been Roo sharing that with Ditts to bring up.

AFL is well and truly beyond cooked. I'm seriously thinking about chucking in my membership next year because they're making the game completely unwatchable.

Looking at their fixture, they should be getting 10-11 wins.

Bulldogs (Ballarat)
North x2
Hawks x2
Us
Port (AO)
Richmond (MS)
Collingwood (MS)
Essendon (Marvel)
Brisbane
West Coast (MS)
Geelong (MS)

The only games I would mark in as losses are against Brisbane and Port, the rest of them they'd either be favourites or, in the very least, a 50-50 chance. Anything less than 10 wins will see Dew out of the door.

Unless they are making major alterations to that door, I can't see Dew being pushed out of it

What is this referring to?

86d31754-9fb1-4a7b-b0bb-cb1b289cf0c5-png.1402222

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want more respect for umpires, they could start by not making them do stupid things, like pay 50m for arm flapping.

Do umpires really want that? If an ump pays a free, and a player flaps his arms and shakes his head, does the umpire think...

"That's shocking dissent and disrespect, I shall pay 50 and I am pleased the AFL has given me this weapon with which to penalise such terrible behaviour."

Or - because he's a sensible human...

"Meh, no biggy, but groan, now I have to pay 50m or the AFL will say I've made an error. And the crowd will boo, and just quietly, they're right."

That can’t be true…

"That's shocking dissent and disrespect, I shall pay 50 and I am pleased the AFL has given me this weapon with which to penalise such terrible behaviour."

Or - because he's a sensible human...

"Meh, no biggy, but groan, now I have to pay 50m or the AFL will say I've made an error. And the crowd will boo, and just quietly, they're right."

Depends on the umpire. Matthew Nicholls and Scott McLaren would have definitely been in the former category.

AFL umpires actually have a union. I mean, this is the very thing they should be making noise about.

“We don’t want to pay this stuff. We don’t need to be coddled. We just want to go about our jobs.”

They’d have the support of the entire football community outside AFL House.

Of course, they won’t do this. Because they’re ******* weak as piss, just like the AFLPA.

We better have sent a bloody video back of them stating they'll be cracking down on Holding the ball spliced with the Dawson Lyons tackle and asking how do you stop players being emotive when an umpire has so clearly made the incorrect decision.

Brad Scott can * right off, I'm sick of the AFL ruining the great game!

I wouldn't be surprised, that was the Carlton game

So the AFL thinks the Crows had more than half of the worst dissent incidents?

No wonder we are getting screwed by the umpires...

Oh, can’t wait to watch us give away 50s for breathing the wrong direction this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back