MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

309ad72b80be4c4aadbe96c67fe34358.jpg

Broadcasters now in on the conspiracy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We'll be below Fremantle if we lose tomorrow.

Might as well lock the flag window thread if we do.
Its not even about winning and losing, its about playing gutless safe boring football that the majority of good teams (and some bad teams) arent worried about. A win tomorrow means absolutely nothing.

Unless by some miracle Goody sees the light, going off Max's interview on triple M and his own press conference im going to say im 99.99% sure that he hasn't.
I'm desperately hoping we lose a low scoring game. Enough is enough, sick to death of the lack of self awareness of this club

I'm desperately hoping we lose a low scoring game. Enough is enough, sick to death of the lack of self awareness of this club
Yeah, a nice 5 or 6 game losing streak would be great 👍 ....would be well deserved and might actually bring about some positive change rather than this slow predictable collapse.

Yeah, a nice 5 or 6 game losing streak would be great 👍 ....would be well deserved and might actually bring about some positive change rather than this slow predictable collapse
Agree, clearly we still think everything is rosey and won't look in the mirror. I hope it falls apart it's the only way we'll see us actually make a change.
It's clear as day that moving the footy quickly to isolated forwards is back in vogue and front half domination is out. You'd think a team as mature as ours would be able to attack when needed and then play this new style when we lose momentum to kill it off. Don't know why we persist with it till we've lost then open up

Agree, clearly we still think everything is rosey and won't look in the mirror. I hope it falls apart it's the only way we'll see us actually make a change.
It's clear as day that moving the footy quickly to isolated forwards is back in vogue and front half domination is out. You'd think a team as mature as ours would be able to attack when needed and then play this new style when we lose momentum to kill it off. Don't know why we persist with it till we've lost then open up

We genuinely need it to blow up to get ANY change, and even then we won't get it this year.

It makes me so sad as Max, Trac and May are generational players who will likely have had their primes wasted to an extent by us. Winning a flag was fantastic, but going a likely 0-5 (If we even make it) in finals the following three years is a disgrace.

Yeah, a nice 5 or 6 game losing streak would be great 👍 ....would be well deserved and might actually bring about some positive change rather than this slow predictable collapse.
Look,I know we're not playing attractive football, but wanting the club to go on a losing streak is next level. I'd rather we win the next 5 games and show a new gameplan that starts to stick rather than lose. Yeah sure, it's doubtful under Goodwin and based on what we've been showing, but it's clear we're at least trying to do things differently. Geelong turned their gameplan around in a season and won the flag. GWS changed theirs last season and it clicked about now and they were close to making a GF. I'd rather hope that happens for us than a losing streak. I hate losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look,I know we're not playing attractive football, but wanting the club to go on a losing streak is next level. I'd rather we win the next 5 games and show a new gameplan that starts to stick rather than lose. Yeah sure, it's doubtful under Goodwin and based on what we've been showing, but it's clear we're at least trying to do things differently. Geelong turned their gameplan around in a season and won the flag. GWS changed theirs last season and it clicked about now and they were close to making a GF. I'd rather hope that happens for us than a losing streak. I hate losing.
Na, im over cheering for shit boring "lets turn the game into a snoozefest for 3 quarters and hope we win the last quarter" wins. You obviously didnt listen to Goody during the week if you believe some magical change will happen, "contest and defense wasn't good enough" vs West Coast. If we want this club to go forward we have to go backwards, its the only way these dickheads will learn.

I gave Goody the benefit of the doubt earlier in the year after the win vs Adelaide, saying all the wins cant be pretty but its been a sad decline back to the usual since. Ever since he outed himself after the Carlton game in his post match presser saying our defense was the problem in the first quarter when we were 0.0 at quarter time, what a joke. **** him and **** this club, im done with people making excuses for them and doing mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves its going to turn around.

Na, im over cheering for s**t boring "lets turn the game into a snoozefest for 3 quarters and hope we win the last quarter" wins. You obviously didnt listen to Goody during the week if you believe some magical change will happen, "contest and defense wasn't good enough" vs West Coast. If we want this club to go forward we have to go backwards, its the only way these dickheads will learn.
I'm all onboard with the disappointment of how we're playing. The frustration is building. But it's been pointed out by numerous outlets how we're at least trying to do different things. So for me, I'd rather it clicked and we started winning games with more flow than to hope we go on a losing streak. Goody isn't getting sacked. Our board don't have the balls. So the best we can hope for next year or two is that the things we're trying clicks. Plus, I fn hate St.Kilda. Seen us lose too many times to these pricks to want to lose again.

I'm all onboard with the disappointment of how we're playing. The frustration is building. But it's been pointed out by numerous outlets how we're at least trying to do different things. So for me, I'd rather it clicked and we started winning games with more flow than to hope we go on a losing streak. Goody isn't getting sacked. Our board don't have the balls. So the best we can hope for next year or two is that the things we're trying clicks. Plus, I fn hate St.Kilda. Seen us lose too many times to these pricks to want to lose again.
Its just a new type of safe boring football, its still risk adverse. They get no pat on the back for that.

Now I remember why I love Brad Scott

Even at the time i thought Scott was treated harshly by many of the ex North Melbourne players in the media. King and Carey at the front of the pack at the time. Not saying he's the greatest coach of all time and there was warranted criticism, but he did well with limited resources at norf. Identified when they needed to start a bit of a rebuild, but was ignored by the types.

I hope blokes like Kingy realise how far they've set North back constantly calling for the reset button

Na, im over cheering for s**t boring "lets turn the game into a snoozefest for 3 quarters and hope we win the last quarter" wins. You obviously didnt listen to Goody during the week if you believe some magical change will happen, "contest and defense wasn't good enough" vs West Coast. If we want this club to go forward we have to go backwards, its the only way these dickheads will learn.
In 2014, when we’d been ****ing shit for yonks and Paul Roos came in with the ambition of turning every game into a shit fight, I could get around that.

Goodwin’s more or less trying to do the same with a far more talented team.

In 2014, when we’d been ******* s**t for yonks and Paul Roos came in with the ambition of turning every game into a s**t fight, I could get around that.

Goodwin’s more or less trying to do the same with a far more talented team.
We've got more top end talent than 2014, but our list is grossly overrated atm. And besides Gawn and Lever, our top end talent have been nowhere near good enough this season.

We've got more top end talent than 2014, but our list is grossly overrated atm. And besides Gawn and Lever, our top end talent have been nowhere near good enough this season.
Chicken and the egg in my view. If you want to make top end talent/an AFL list look ordinary tell them to play turgid, passionless football informed by KPIs.

Chicken and the egg in my view. If you want to make top end talent/an AFL list look ordinary tell them to play turgid, passionless football informed by KPIs.
That's 90% of the competition now unfortunately. Simon Goodwin isn't alone. Hell, even Longmire comes from the Paul Roos school of contest and defence. Which there game wasbased on up until Warner, Gulden, Blakey came along and got some experience. But they've recruited and drafted perfectly which allows for a more attacking brand as they have the cattle to do it. Not many lists do unfortunately. As much talent as we have, besides May, our top end talent are all poor kicks. I'd love to play more attractive football, but this list doesn't allow it.

That's 90% of the competition now unfortunately. Simon Goodwin isn't alone. Hell, even Longmire comes from the Paul Roos school of contest and defence. Which there game wasbased on up until Warner, Gulden, Blakey came along and got some experience. But they've recruited and drafted perfectly which allows for a more attacking brand as they have the cattle to do it. Not many lists do unfortunately. As much talent as we have, besides May, our top end talent are all poor kicks. I'd love to play more attractive football, but this list doesn't allow it.
You don't need to be an elite kicking team to play attacking/attractive football. You just need to be willing to give a little bit up defensively by letting players cheat forward and spread off the contest. You get hurt a bit the other way but I think we should back in our defenders more to win the outnumbers.

The past couple of years have shown the good teams can still cut through a great defensive structure through attacking play. The ball is just too easy to move these days to stifle things completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back