MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah man, that's why Judd McVee played every single game this season coming off the rookie list. Chandler not far behind.

Honestly, what's with the need to cope with our s**t exit by pretending that this stuff is the answer?

Markov came in as a pre-season pick-up with one weapon - speed. It ended up being something they needed, and he took the chance. Brisbane get advantage at the end and hit a target, and the story is "how could McRae drop Noble?"
Delusional

Hate the fact that Howe played so well. All finals series really. Has become such an accomplished footballer Collingwood.

Last edited:
This is ******* lols. I'd take Markov over Salem any day of the week.

Your post simply reeks of a combination of red and blue nuffy but also a hint of delusional.
Markov is essentially Jayden Hunt. Should we have kept him?

No he's not. Markov actually defends first and goes hard at the contest unlike Salem who is soft and timid.

Markov has great balance in being able to defend first then provide offence when needed.

Actually watch him play for once.
Why are you talking about Salem when the post is about Jayden Hunt? Handy player, is Markov.

Because you initially brought up Salem in comparison to Markov you absolute nuffy.

Stop embarrassing yourself

And Jayden Hunt is just a shitter version of Salem.
Mate, I'm not the one embarassing myself here. If only Goody played Dunstan more :$

Let's move on

Crazy to think the Pies just won a flag with a key forward combo of Mihocek, Frampton (2 touches) and occasionally Cox. Between the three of them they kicked one goal on the day.

We don’t need a superstar key forward this off season. We just need someone durable and workmanlike who can kick 30 odd and chop out in the ruck. Someone like Levi Casboult would be ideal.

On the strength of how important small forwards are in finals particularly on the MCG I am starting to think ‘Wizard’ Watson has to come into our drafting calculations.
We need to study how they can defend so well but still open the ground up and find plenty of space inside forward 50. They are known to be a slingshot team off half back, not sure we have the cattle for that, but they def don’t dump it to the spot 9 times out of 10 like we do.

We need to study how they can defend so well but still open the ground up and find plenty of space inside forward 50. They are known to be a slingshot team off half back, not sure we have the cattle for that, but they def don’t dump it to the spot 9 times out of 10 like we do.

They have Quaynor and McReery storming off halfback and through a wing. Quick, hard running, penetrating footballers.

We have Salem and Hunter. There’s a problem right there. We’re carrying too many link players who can’t break lines.

Super athletic defenders, aerially and by foot. Moore, Murphy, Quaynor, Noble, Markov, Crisp, Howe all excel at one or both. Don't think any of our guys bar Rivers compares speed-wise, and only Lever is really great in the air.

Super athletic defenders, aerially and by foot. Moore, Murphy, Quaynor, Noble, Markov, Crisp, Howe all excel at one or both. Don't think any of our guys bar Rivers compares speed-wise, and only Lever is really great in the air.

Noble is a very good wingman/halfback with pace to burn and can’t get a game in Pies’ best 22. That’s how well they’re going.

Leg speed (lack thereof) is a serious concern for us. Any kid we draft this November needs to have proper zip over the deck. Non-negotiable.

Mason Cox: “I’m ever going to leave Australia again. US, it’s been real but I’m out”

Also Mason Cox:

97b94083d4851e42369495b322121cf7957f6db9.jpg

I hate the guy, but you can like your new country you live in while also celebrating where you and your family come from. also duel citizen... I've seen people hating on this on twitter too, and it's kinda dumb. Can hate the guy, the player but hating him for running round with the flag is silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. Also annoyed this confirms Topkent is justified in saying Collingwood have been better than Melbourne in this period 😛

#ARG hitting hard again.

Seriously though, how s**t to know that our best team in 60 years is just a below average flag team. We are the bulldogs of 16 and eagles of 18

Also Chris Fagan should be sacked in the morning and replaced. Watching standing alone in the coaches box panicked and nervous was absolutely horrible. Mcraes on the bench involved and working with his players. Fagan looks like a nuffy supporter ready to vomit. Did the same against us. I reckon that absolutely seeps down the players.

Watching senior players such as DeGeoy, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Crisp kick crucial clutch goals in a big game

Meanwhile our captain can't even nail a simple set shot 30m against Carlton.

Also, I hope Kozzie Pickett was watching Bobby Hill yesterday. That was some performance by Hill and imo he's gone past Pickett in terms of small forward status of the game.

Hill is now elite and his performance in all 3 finals games justified that.

Also, I hope Kozzie Pickett was watching Bobby Hill yesterday. That was some performance by Hill and imo he's gone past Pickett in terms of small forward status of the game.

Hill is now elite and his performance in all 3 finals games justified that.

I gave the excuse to Chandler yesterday so its only fair I give it to Pickett also. He rarely gets space to operate in like Hill had yesterday, if anyone needed to be watching it was Simple Simon, it was an idiots guide on how to get small forwards involved.

Having said that, if there is one thing Pickett could learn from Hill that is that he needs to kick goals instead wasting opportunities constantly, especially in big moments. You dont see Hill chucking the ball on his foot in some mad rush and blasting one 10 rows back OOBOTF in the forward pocket from straight in front.

H
I gave the excuse to Chandler yesterday so its only fair I give it to Pickett also. He rarely gets space to operate in like Hill had yesterday, if anyone needed to be watching it was Simple Simon, it was an idiots guide on how to get small forwards involved.

Having said that, if there is one thing Pickett could learn from Hill that is that he needs to kick goals instead wasting opportunities constantly, especially in big moments. You dont see Hill chucking the ball on his foot in some mad rush and blasting one 10 rows back OOBOTF in the forward pocket from straight in front.
Hill's kicking for goal is so fluent and pure. You're right though, the games I have watched Hill, he certainly doesn't waste his opportunities and that's been evident all finals series. Then his ability to get put into space and create opportunities was starting to create concerns for Brisbane.

Not to say Kozzy doesn't waste chances cause he does but he's never getting little chip kicks to his advantage running into his space. It's a bomb 60m in the air with 50 people around and then a hey Koz figure it out

Completely different game

Not to say Kozzy doesn't waste chances cause he does but he's never getting little chip kicks to his advantage running into his space. It's a bomb 60m in the air with 50 people around and then a hey Koz figure it out

Completely different game

You could also make a case that if he got some easy ones he wouldnt feel as much pressure to kick his two or three chances a game.

"Small forwards need to be front and centre and kick goals" as a living in the Dees current set up is virtually impossible. Back when this was a thing you competed against 12 or less players in the forward 50 not 24 or more.

If we were to take Watson with our first pick and the gameplan isn't completely different to what we served up in finals Goody needs to go. Watson makes no difference to us as a team if our F50 entries are the same. He'll just become another 2023 version Spargo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back