MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just saying that in close games there's an element of luck. I'm not saying Collingwood are just this lucky team, all those points you make I agree with, they are a really well drilled team and they can really defend a lead when it comes down to the wire.
In a one off it's luck, when you look at the way us an Brisbane play in close games vs Collingwood it's not luck it's mindset. We absolutely panic as do they. Collingwood embrace and no exactly what they are supposed to do

Definitely going around In circles on this but your forward 6 isn't responsible for kicking massive scores anyway it's a team effort these days. Pies won the flag with an atrocious forward 6 that really isn't much better than ours. We play crap footy because our midfield is a possession first midfield not worried about how they used the ball

Mihocek/McStay is workmanlike but better than the combos we put out there in 2023. We placed far too much responsibility on a 19yo’s shoulders in JVR and he wilted in the end. Then they’ve got DeGoey, Elliot, Hill, Ginnivan and so on. Pretty handy.

Brisbane’s forward line is choc full of talent. Almost pinched them the flag in the end.

Yes we’ve got to improve the entries going forward, lower the eyes and so on. But it’s also personnel. TMac, ANB, Spargo, Chandler, Pickett, Fritsch. C’mon, let’s get real. Tom McDonald in both finals was a complete joke.

Last edited:
McDonald in both finals was a complete joke.
We gave that prick a ******* flag, he should have done the decent thing and retired straight afterwards.

I wonder what was going on behind the scenes with Grundy, the club must have been pissed at him meeting Port. There's no way anyone in their right mind thought having Sausage and Steak MacDonald and Josh Scache were a better option than him in that last final.

We gave that prick a ******* flag, he should have done the decent thing and retired straight afterwards.

There’s an argument that extending his contract after the GF has cost us another flag. I’m over the bloke too to be honest. Just retire already he can barely move.

Our seven losses were by the following margins: 12, 4, 7, 15, 4, 7, 2

Im not sure how our losses being close is a positive, our gameplan is made to keep scores close, meanwhile we cant finish in close games.

Im not sure how our losses being close is a positive, our gameplan is made to keep scores close, meanwhile we cant finish in close games.

You could say that Pies have a similar game plan, they just do it better.

Not saying you want to rely on engineering close games but you can only work with the cattle you’ve got. If we had Brisbane’s forward six and a Kidean Coleman type on a wing I’m sure we would’ve approached a lot of games differently.

I’d be more worried if we’d suffered some blow out losses and showed signs that mentally we’re not up for it anymore. I don’t think that’s the case.

You could say that Pies have a similar game plan, they just do it better.

Not saying you want to rely on engineering close games but you can only work with the cattle you’ve got. If we had Brisbane’s forward six and a Kidean Coleman type on a wing I’m sure we would’ve approached a lot of games differently.

I’d be more worried if we’d suffered some blow out losses and showed signs that mentally we’re not up for it anymore. I don’t think that’s the case.
Don't think we have a similar gameplan to Collingwood at all. We want to lock it in our front half and try to keep the ball in contest, Collingwood turn it over from the back half and slingshot forward. But Collingwood are able to switch pretty seamlessly from cheating forward and taking risks to shutting down the game and stopping the opposition from moving the ball. It's pretty amazing how easily they can make that switch in game and gives them a massive edge especially in close games.

In a one off it's luck, when you look at the way us an Brisbane play in close games vs Collingwood it's not luck it's mindset. We absolutely panic as do they. Collingwood embrace and no exactly what they are supposed to do
Doesn't matter how well drilled a team is there's always an element of luck in close games. Doesn't mean I'm saying they are lucky and dismissing any of their hard work, discipline, and skill, in close games. I'm just saying luck happens good and bad no matter what. St kilda literally a bad bounce away from winning a premiership in 2010.

I accept that Collingwood and good teams like hawthorn in the past win the close games by reducing bad luck by not doing stupid stuff like viney kicking it down the throat of weitering ect.

such a non issue, Robbie Fox being critisced for wearing a collingwood jumper to support his mate Mihocek
honestly jog on journos

Mihocek/McStay is workmanlike but better than the combos we put out there in 2023. We placed far too much responsibility on a 19yo’s shoulders in JVR and he wilted in the end. Then they’ve got DeGoey, Elliot, Hill, Ginnivan and so on. Pretty handy.

Brisbane’s forward line is choc full of talent. Almost pinched them the flag in the end.

Yes we’ve got to improve the entries going forward, lower the eyes and so on. But it’s also personnel. TMac, ANB, Spargo, Chandler, Pickett, Fritsch. C’mon, let’s get real. Tom McDonald in both finals was a complete joke.
De Goey/ Trac
Elliott/ Fritsch
Hill/ Kozz

Ginnivan hardly played and Petty was as good as Mcstay
Mate if you think they won the flag off the back of having Cameron and Mihocek you didn't watch much of their footy. Their 6 forwards hold and get all the time and space they want to score. Ours get absolutely none due to a s**t boring coach who's whole game is to minimize scores against

such a non issue, Robbie Fox being critisced for wearing a collingwood jumper to support his mate Mihocek
honestly jog on journos
I remember people here freaking out here when troy chaplin went to one of the Richmond Grand Finals with a Richmond scarf on

BaliDemon you wanna know the difference between us and Collingwood

They have Pendles, Sidebottom, Daicos x2, Crisp, Mcreary etc all blokes who use the footy beautifully and don't just wasted disposals meanwhile we line up with the 'best mids in the comp' because they get lots of disposals with 0 damage

Tom Mitchell is one of the last blokes picked in their side cause he uses the footy s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love these behind the scenes videos, this makes me think gws are looking to go a mosquito fleet style and play quickly. Also not rating Caddy is another reason to get on them A11dAtP0w3R

That's my team, not married to a pointless tall forward structure with useless dinosaurs.

When Leake becomes a gun and Tholstrup sucks I'm going to be so pissed.

That's my team, not married to a pointless tall forward structure with useless dinosaurs.

When Leake becomes a gun and Tholstrup sucks I'm going to be so pissed.
Gws this season reminds me of Melbourne 2020, slow start but a much better finish. Only difference is 2020 was a strange season with covid and we didn't have enough time to adjust where gws had enough time to make it. Who knows leake/gothard could be their Jackson/kozzie moment.

I do love these behind the scenes videos, this makes me think gws are looking to go a mosquito fleet style and play quickly. Also not rating Caddy is another reason to get on them A11dAtP0w3R

I ******* love the balls of this. Happy to put their necks on the line with who they rate and who they don't rate.

Agree it would be great to have more of this sort of stuff. But when we tried it with that pre-season doco the media panned the club. Can't win.

Agree it would be great to have more of this sort of stuff. But when we tried it with that pre-season doco the media panned the club. Can't win.

The behind the scenes draft stuff we have done in the past has been great, the preseason doco stuff was cringe and rightly canned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back