Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if the AFL was serious about getting money, they’d have an open bidding process for the Grand Final

Imagine the corruption. 😅

Should rotate it though, that would be kinda cool.

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane/GC, Hobart (if they actually build that wizbang stadium).

Would knock ‘Gather Round’ out of the water!

…but of course, they won’t, they signed that ridiculous deal with the MCG after all…

I mean if the AFL was serious about getting money, they’d have an open bidding process for the Grand Final

But that would mean all the executives at AFL House would need to renegotiate their under the table kick backs every year.

That is just too difficult mate.

Easier ro stick with the same corrupt mob in the Vic government and they dont need to travel.

6 years for Hipwood?

These are GC Suns areas of list management.

LMAO
To me he's always looked like one of those guys where you wake up in the morning, download the sports headlines, and read 'Hipwood has suffered a career ending injury in the pre-season' type of player.

He's always looked terribly fragile.

Big, risky move. If, in 6 years times he's played another 100+ games and kicked another 250+ goals, then it's a great call. If he struggles to put games together then...
insert 'I told you so' meme here.

Highest ranked team hosts the grand final.

No compromises
There would have to some level of compromise.

Holding a GF at Docklands because Essendon was the highest ranked team (Yeah, Essendon, I know :D) would be bad, as would a Kardinya GF.
Any Vic team = MCG GF, any Sydney team = SCG.

Big, risky move. If, in 6 years times he's played another 100+ games and kicked another 250+ goals, then it's a great call. If he struggles to put games together then...
insert 'I told you so' meme here.
When you said 'another 250 goals' I had to look it up to see his totals just out of curiosity (not looking to call you out, just wanted to check the exact numbers):

188 goals in 127 games for an average of 1.48gpg.

I'd fold the club if we gave a 6 year contract to a key forward with that output. GC levels list management.

Imagine the corruption.

Should rotate it though, that would be kinda cool.

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane/GC, Hobart (if they actually build that wizbang stadium).

Would knock ‘Gather Round’ out of the water!

…but of course, they won’t, they signed that ridiculous deal with the MCG after all…

Look, if the MCG won the bud every year because they/Victoria paid the most, good luck to them and it’s a bitter pill I’d have to swallow. But currently they have the grand final forever and a day and at a heavily discounted price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ps I think Gather around will flop. It’s no different to a regular round in Melbourne

Don’t be so narrow minded.

Gather Round is helping us all recapture the magic of 2020 - the hubs, all the games played in 1 state, no footy being played in WA.

It was a really special time for everyone and it’s important to try and replicate that each season moving forward. 😇

Im surprised the Vics didn't ask for an extra year to be tacked on to the Grand final agreement for missing out on a week of attending footy

You know they’ll low key complain about how ‘unusual’ it is not to be in Melbourne for the week and then make comments about how it’s ‘great to be back’ the following week.

You know they’ll low key complain about how ‘unusual’ it is not to be in Melbourne for the week and then make comments about how it’s ‘great to be back’ the following week.

They’ll probably schedule all Melbourne clubs for home games in Round 6 because it will have been such a long two whole weeks since they’d played there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Gather Round” is up for grabs each year.

The original intent was for it to be played in a different State each year, so every State gets a turn hosting all 18 teams.

Will be interesting to see which team misses out, when they bring Tassie in to the league.

When you said 'another 250 goals' I had to look it up to see his totals just out of curiosity (not looking to call you out, just wanted to check the exact numbers):

188 goals in 127 games for an average of 1.48gpg.

I'd fold the club if we gave a 6 year contract to a key forward with that output. GC levels list management.
I am no fan of long contracts like that.
Putting together a future career of 100 games at 2.5 goals a game would be a great result for the Lions.
I consider it (like you) as unlikely for a number of reasons.
1. It would be a goal a game improvement on his output so far. But 2-2.5 goals a game is about a minimum you want from a KPF. Onus on him to justify the contract.
2. Injuries. Is his body one to hold out? I don't think so, but the Lions have gambled on getting him 100% and keeping him there.

Like you, I'd be very unhappy with a WC deal like that to a player with his record; both as a forward and injury-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back