Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I want Gold Coast to keep missing the 8 coz it's funny and I like seeing trends continue.

The main reason I don't want Essendon to win a final too lol

Also...

I don't really care if Port win the flag as long as that piece of s**t Rioli does his knee in the Prelim and misses.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shouldn't hope for injury on anyone. Even the Willie Rioli's of the world.

Freo next 3 STK, Col, Melbourne

They could be well out of the 8 by their bye.

Then they play WB at Marvel

tough run

Freo have perpetually been one of those teams that'll pull a win away against a top four team out of their arse. Could just as likely go 4-0 from that run as much as 0-4.

Freo have perpetually been one of those teams that'll pull a win away against a top four team out of their arse. Could just as likely go 4-0 from that run as much as 0-4.

They were shocking today, evidently, at least in conversion. I don't know how much that can be attributed to the McCarthy
scenario - I know nothing about it. Reading between the lines, was it suicide? I remember him as a talented player at GWS, but one who couldn't get his head space right. Shame! RIP big fella!

I was in Melbourne for work this weekend so decided to go down and check it out. Stadium is actually decent now. No where near Optus but feels like Subi if it had a reno.

Game was an absolute cracker - both supporters were right into it and really decent to each other at the end.

If you get the chance to go down, I'd highly recommend it.

Sex life??

Freo were winning the key ‘intent’ stats for most of the game (CP and clearances) so it’s not as if they were flat. They just couldn’t capitalise, whereas Sydney did. Maybe the events affected their finishing skills, but they did well to win so much of the footy in the first place
Simple game I guess. Swans hammered them with more pressure than they could handle - just hard work nothing flash. Dockers couldn't kick - mental response to pressure?

Hate to go against the majority of the posters in this thread, but being a bit disrespectful to Sydney by putting the result down to Fremantle grieving/being in shock. Sydney have been irresistible and are well and truly the team to beat for the flag. Don't think I've ever seen tackling pressure like theirs in the first half.
I dont think the dockers had either, and they didn't like it. Very jumpy.

It's so strange these events that happen but as sad as it is next weekend no one will be talking about Cam McCarthy and life goes on.

It's such a waste suicide

Has it been confirmed as a suicide? He had other life-threatening issues including substance abuse and epilepsy, but most people assume suicide, which is really sad. Shows how difficult life was for him.

Ultimately, a young man who is gone too soon. Obviously loved by his team mates who along with his devastated family, will be affected for the rest of their lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to laugh at the accuracy, and Pav’s inability to do his job in a remotely engaging or informative way.

But I think a) Sydney being very very good, and b) asking the Freo boys to get up for a game on a day like today makes for an impossibly difficult matchup.

Nothing to be done I suppose, didn’t really see much by way of a push for a delay or postponement, and I wonder what the process even might be in a circumstance like that. But this was a uniquely tough challenge for Freo tonight that I really hope no other club has to face again.

You can be a bit rah rah because of the rivalry all you want, but let’s be honest about how difficult that must have been for so many of their players and people around the club.
Probably the only time in my life i didnt rag on my freo supporting mates during the game when they were missing so many set shots.

Why does anyone want to eat slightly melted room temp chocolate?

All chocolate in the fridge you barbarians.
Like cheese, keep choc chilled to stop it from spoiling, but remove and allow to come up to room temperature before eating to better appreciate the flavours and aromas.

At least, that's what the old biddy in the corner chocolaterie said when I lived in Belgium.

Personally, life's too short. See choc, eat choc...especially if it's a party box of Favourites.

Boost, or GTFO, amirite?

You don't?

I always said you could never trust somebody who doesn't like pineapple on pizza.
Look if I was ordering pizza for myself pineapple is a no for me but I'm not going to turn down a slice at a party because it has pineapple on it .

Sorry to go off topic (it goes in the fridge btw)
Is this not already the rule? And if not, absolutely should be.

NFL have independent doctors that buzz down and pause the game if they want someone out. Doesn’t matter if there’s a minute left and the game is on the line, the independent doctors buzzes down and that takes precedent.

Dunno if anyone else saw it, but last night in the Geelong game a Cats player kicked at goal and was called touched off the boot by the field umpire so the Power players watched it go through without entering the ambiguity of a deliberate rushed behind. Then they score reviewed it to make sure it was touched. Very dicey area to be entering into doing things like that.

How hot are your pantries that chocolate bars are melting in them?

I missed reading the ‘r’ in the 5th word on first pass

Was wondering what the hell you were doing with your chocolate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back