Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the same reason why they came back to door to David Evans To tip essendon off before it came out in the presser in Canberra. It just so happens they threw David and the club under the bus. If they had their time again they wouldn’t have self reported.
yeah was going to mention that but thought I'd just let it lie :D
I think hird and co have to accept responsibility for what happened so def not #standbyhird person but I can 100% believe his story about AFL HQ calling evans to tip him off.

yeah was going to mention that but thought I'd just let it lie :D
I think hird and co have to accept responsibility for what happened so def not #standbyhird person but I can 100% believe his story about AFL HQ calling evans to tip him off.
Oh definitely no point of going down that rabbit hole again. It’s just one of many examples where the afl is always brand first and if it has the ability to through the blanket over a potential front page controversy like with tarryn Thomas, it will. Just so happens that a victim has gone to the news herself, most likely after seeing the other stuff come out a couple weeks ago.

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ
What a joke. The guy that did the report for Hawthorn isnt part of the review as he signed a non disclosure agreement with Hawthorn. Surely Hawthorn can waive such a thing if they want transparency.

All you can see coming out of this is that the investigation will say the parties saw things differently and what Clarko etc thought they were doing to help a situation with good intentions wasnt seen that way by the young families. Clarko etc will agree to some counselling type sessions, Hawks will pay some damages to the families and that will be it.

What a joke. The guy that did the report for Hawthorn isnt part of the review as he signed a non disclosure agreement with Hawthorn. Surely Hawthorn can waive such a thing if they want transparency.

All you can see coming out of this is that the investigation will say the parties saw things differently and what Clarko etc thought they were doing to help a situation with good intentions wasnt seen that way by the young families. Clarko etc will agree to some counselling type sessions, Hawks will pay some damages to the families and that will be it.
Pretty much

It’s the same reason why they came back to door to David Evans To tip essendon off before it came out in the presser in Canberra. It just so happens they threw David and the club under the bus. If they had their time again they wouldn’t have self reported.
And not done the review that was used to find us guilty.

And announced just prior to the news bombshell pre cursor to Rd 1, so that story wipes it for coverage and we soon move on to talking about footy.

Incredible 1) that Hawthorn have not waived the non disclosure and 2) no one is publicly caning them for it!!

There would be 20 talking heads queueing up to put the boot into the bombers by now.

I've checked out of most footy stuff for the preseason. I'm currently enjoying the long list of similarities between Essendon and Milan.

I checked an article on SEN and then it came back to me, almost a nightmare, just how much Geelong has improved its list.

If they get the requisites level of injury luck, particularly >20 games seasons from Danger and Cameron, they are going to win the flag in a canter.

I've checked out of most footy stuff for the preseason. I'm currently enjoying the long list of similarities between Essendon and Milan.

I checked an article on SEN and then it came back to me, almost a nightmare, just how much Geelong has improved its list.

If they get the requisites level of injury luck, particularly >20 games seasons from Danger and Cameron, they are going to win the flag in a canter.
Cats and tigers
Cant be underestimated how big the additions of taranto and hopper will be for prestia, and a fit dusty....and add to that, if bolton keeps getting better....

I think Geelong have hit a bit of a talent threshold. With the exception of Henry being an upgrade on Rohan, I don't think they fit too many of the guys they just got into their starting lines. While great for their depth I'm not sure Bruhn, Bowes or Clark immediately slot into Selwood's void. You've got Holmes to come back into the side in that slot. So you're really only look at one best 22 spot up for grabs, with O'Connor and Parfitt being in similar positions. Even Menegola would likely start over of Bruhn and Bowes if they are pushing for a flag again unless theyve gone up a level.

I think Brisbane have improved the most slots in their best 22. Dunkley, McKenna, Gunston, Ashcroft over the likes of Ah Chee, Answerth, McStay, Wilmot from that prelim is huge.

I think Geelong have hit a bit of a talent threshold. With the exception of Henry being an upgrade on Rohan, I don't think they fit too many of the guys they just got into their starting lines. While great for their depth I'm not sure Bruhn, Bowes or Clark immediately slot into Selwood's void. You've got Holmes to come back into the side in that slot. So you're really only look at one best 22 spot up for grabs, with O'Connor and Parfitt being in similar positions. Even Menegola would likely start over of Bruhn and Bowes if they are pushing for a flag again unless theyve gone up a level.

I think Brisbane have improved the most slots in their best 22. Dunkley, McKenna, Gunston, Ashcroft over the likes of Ah Chee, Answerth, McStay, Wilmot from that prelim is huge.

Gunston will be a massive inclusion IMO, their forwardline relies on guys like Cameron, Daniher and Hipwood who can absolutely tear a game apart, but can also do nothing.

Gunston is a reliable avenue to goal, that can function as a FF or a smart 3rd tall.

Keep Dunkley & Gunston fit, add McKenna's run and carry off a HBF and they're much improved.

Big loss is Adams down back though, Andrews isn't really the guy to play on the monster KPFs.

Gunston will be a massive inclusion IMO, their forwardline relies on guys like Cameron, Daniher and Hipwood who can absolutely tear a game apart, but can also do nothing.

Gunston is a reliable avenue to goal, that can function as a FF or a smart 3rd tall.

Keep Dunkley & Gunston fit, add McKenna's run and carry off a HBF and they're much improved.

Big loss is Adams down back though, Andrews isn't really the guy to play on the monster KPFs.

I heard Dunkley talking about how Gunston has an absolutely outstanding football iq. He'll likely improve the games of those others who all seem to thrive off chaotic energy. Throw in Lohman and McCarthey and all of them can hurt you aerially and on the ground, If he can bring a more consistent level of production to those moments of big energy that forward line will be impossible to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Dunkley talking about how Gunston has an absolutely outstanding football iq. He'll likely improve the games of those others who all seem to thrive off chaotic energy. Throw in Lohman and McCarthey and all of them can hurt you aerially and on the ground, If he can bring a more consistent level of production to those moments of big energy that forward line will be impossible to stop.
Our forward line is better

Ahahahahahaha

Wright > Daniher
Weideman > Hipwood
Jones > Gunston
AMT > Cameron
Stringer > McCarthy
Snelling / Davey > Whoever else plays there.

Don't try to argue it with stats like goals kicked. IT'S THE VIBE

From all reports Jhye Clarke is going very well. May not be long before he gets his chance.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FXCK??

AFL could help Clarkson, Fagan cover legal fees from Hawks investigation​

The AFL reportedly has a pool of over $1 million that could help cover legal expenses for Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and Jason Burt as the inquiry into alleged misconduct at Hawthorn continues.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt are facing allegations of mistreatment of First Nations players during their time at the club, with an AFL inquiry well underway.

The Age reported on Friday the league has a pool of “well over $1 million” available to cover legal costs for individuals.

The policy covering the fees requires the funds to be distributed to Hawthorn first.

All three individuals have retained legal representation for the inquiry, while several First Nations players participating in the inquiry are receiving free legal representation from firm Arnold Bloch Leibler, which took up the case on a pro bono basis.

The report says Hawthorn is frustrated the AFL’s pool will not cover the club’s legal costs, which have already entered into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It was revealed last week Hawthorn legend Cyril Rioli and wife Shannyn made submissions to the inquiry, which had terms of reference finalised in mid-October.

While it was initially forecasted to be completed in December, the inquiry looks poised to stretch into the AFL’s 2023 season.

Clarkson and Fagan are both expected to coach their respective sides.

Clarkson is being represented by Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Fagan by Clayton Utz and a Brisbane-based King’s Counsel and Burt by Tony Hargreaves.

All three have denied the allegations.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FXCK??

AFL could help Clarkson, Fagan cover legal fees from Hawks investigation​

The AFL reportedly has a pool of over $1 million that could help cover legal expenses for Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and Jason Burt as the inquiry into alleged misconduct at Hawthorn continues.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt are facing allegations of mistreatment of First Nations players during their time at the club, with an AFL inquiry well underway.

The Age reported on Friday the league has a pool of “well over $1 million” available to cover legal costs for individuals.

The policy covering the fees requires the funds to be distributed to Hawthorn first.

All three individuals have retained legal representation for the inquiry, while several First Nations players participating in the inquiry are receiving free legal representation from firm Arnold Bloch Leibler, which took up the case on a pro bono basis.

The report says Hawthorn is frustrated the AFL’s pool will not cover the club’s legal costs, which have already entered into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It was revealed last week Hawthorn legend Cyril Rioli and wife Shannyn made submissions to the inquiry, which had terms of reference finalised in mid-October.

While it was initially forecasted to be completed in December, the inquiry looks poised to stretch into the AFL’s 2023 season.

Clarkson and Fagan are both expected to coach their respective sides.

Clarkson is being represented by Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Fagan by Clayton Utz and a Brisbane-based King’s Counsel and Burt by Tony Hargreaves.

All three have denied the allegations.
Guessing that because it's employees of the AFL accusing other employees of the AFL of things that happened while employed by the AFL as part of their official duties. The AFL probably has some liability. If they cover the costs then they can't be sued for it later. The players could probably still sue the league/Hawthorn for providing an unsafe workplace and compensation for the trauma inflicted in that workplace.

Could also be a carrot to encourage Hawthorn and the coaches to cooperate with the AFL and not go full James Hird.

Guessing that because it's employees of the AFL accusing other employees of the AFL of things that happened while employed by the AFL as part of their official duties. The AFL probably has some liability. If they cover the costs then they can't be sued for it later. The players could probably still sue the league/Hawthorn for providing an unsafe workplace and compensation for the trauma inflicted in that workplace.

Could also be a carrot to encourage Hawthorn and the coaches to cooperate with the AFL and not go full James Hird.
AFL "support" doesn't always equal assistance too, see Liz Lukin. Though I'd be surprised if that was the case in this instance.

"Mending relationships" until the eve of round 1.

Brisbane had some good ins too. They also look a bit scary.

Brisbane had some good ins too. They also look a bit scary.
Gunston is an unbelievable pick up. Such a smooth footballer, rarely misses, frustratingly accurate !! Dunkley, that little Irish prick. Putting aside any feelings of loyalty and how good Essendon were to mckenna and how he got games into him when he should’ve been nowhere near the senior team and how we developed the little *er, you can’t blame him choosing Brisbane over us when you have a look at both clubs lists. No brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back