Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is the Brisbane teams have to pay massive overs to get players who have a connection with Queensland - Have no doubt that the Weller trade was a board decision.

My take is the Brisbane teams have to pay massive overs to get players who have a connection with Queensland - Have no doubt that the Weller trade was a board decision.
yeah never understood why people dont want to play up there... I get that the 2 clubs are basket cases atm but if I couldn't play for Essendon, living in SE QLD would be my next preference

yeah never understood why people dont want to play up there... I get that the 2 clubs are basket cases atm but if I couldn't play for Essendon, living in SE QLD would be my next preference

Melbourne is the heartland though & most players want the full AFL experience I expect.

if7mu0.jpg

lol Carlton

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Weller trade was made simply because they needed a win from pick 2 and he is a good player who wants to be at the club rather than picking a possible who may not stay. They know what they are getting and even if he does not turn out as good as the eventual number 2 he will still be a good player for them from next season.
I must say at first I though they had stuffed things up but when you stop and look at it they have a proven player who is well on the way to being a top line player coming in. They can find something good with 19 and 41 is a reasonable pick.. The Ablett mess is finished. They had a slashing draft last year in a strong draft. It may not as bad as it seems.

If
you doubted our conspiracy theory on the Cats getting pick No.19 from the AFL as compo for losing Motlop ...

then
we know you'll be coming round to it now ... after that pick itself was actually used to facilitate the Ablett deal, and ultimately end up in the hands of the most worrying club under the AFL's watch.

Seriously ???o_O
I know it was a very strange decision, in fact a very poor decision but Damo best order yourself a foil hat to stop those harmfull AFL rays from destroying what is left of your brain.

Wait until it's gets leaked out how much the AFL are going to pay Tom Lynch to stay up there. No doubt it'll dwarf any Victorian clubs offer.

Nothing would please me more than if Lynch decided he just really really wanted success over money and ended up refusing to stay and took an offer somewhere else that would probably amount to something like half of what GC/the AFL offered.

Just thinking about how much rage it would cause at AFL house makes me feel all tingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back