Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I only care because we play The Dogs next week
I get you, but Saints made Dogs look a lot better without too much perceived pressure. You give the Bulldogs stretches to run through the corridor and they can hurt you, no doubt. If Freo are consistent and IF they come off a big win against the Budgies, or even just a decent win....I remember last year the Bullies pulled our pants down 'cos we had that beef with Lobb and lost all focus. Just wanted to smash him.

Different side this year. Pearce is in imperious form. Defense as a whole is as compact and airtight as you can get it, #1 in the comp currently. No travelling for a few weeks. Well, it's sport - you never know, but let's put it this way. Right now, I'm more confident than not. but what does ole mate Rossy say: confidence is just a feeling, action gets it done.

I'll guess we'll see

I get you, but Saints made Dogs look a lot better without too much perceived pressure. You give the Bulldogs stretches to run through the corridor and they can hurt you, no doubt. If Freo are consistent and IF they come off a big win against the Budgies, or even just a decent win....I remember last year the Bullies pulled our pants down 'cos we had that beef with Lobb and lost all focus. Just wanted to smash him.

Different side this year. Pearce is in imperious form. Defense as a whole is as compact and airtight as you can get it, #1 in the comp currently. No travelling for a few weeks. Well, it's sport - you never know, but let's put it this way. Right now, I'm more confident than not. but what does ole mate Rossy say: confidence is just a feeling, action gets it done.

I'll guess we'll see
Looks like Lobb could be out - did he come back onto the ground?

One of the golden rules of tipping is to choose a talented yet underperforming side (dogs) that are up against a similar mid ranking outfit (saints) and have just spent the week getting monstered by the VFL media having just come off a game they should have won but didn’t against inferior opponents (dogs v Essendon last week).

I mean, the footy shows were tearing strips off Bevo and even some of the dogs players all week long, calling them soft and underachievers etc etc.

Stevie wonder could have seen this result coming. Poor Saints were sitting ducks after all the abuse Bevo and this squad of players took all week on sen, triple M and all the footy shows.

Have seen this happen over and over and over again in the AFL.

Often we are the ones at the receiving end, often v Carlton in recent times. Thank our lucky stars we face the dogs next week now. There won’t be a word of criticism for Bevo over the next 8 days and that’s exactly how we want it.

Saints traveled twice twice in row - Adelaide two weeks ago and then Sydney last week. Plus a 5 day break. That's terrible scheduling.
They also travel just once after their bye and their last 6 games are at Marvel.

Like the Dogs they'll cop it (Ross was on Footy Classified panel so Cornes will go back to targeting Bevo next time the Dogs lose), get back on a track with a few wins but at best will be fodder in the first week of finals.

Saints traveled twice twice in row - Adelaide two weeks ago and then Sydney last week. Plus a 5 day break. That's terrible scheduling.
it was Canberra last week, which is even closer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
Matt Allison Knee 2 weeks
Hunter Clark Calf 1-2 weeks
Lance Collard Hamstring Test
Brad Crouch Knee 3-4 weeks
Paddy Dow Knee Test
Max Heath Concussion TBC
Liam Henry Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Max King Knee Test
Ben Paton Pectoral 1-2 weeks
Mason Wood Collarbone 2 weeks
James Van Es Ankle Test
Jimmy Webster Suspension Round 8

Saints musing King, Crouch, Henry and Wood from their B22, Dow and Webster fringe players as well. Combined with a 5 day break and a fired up Dogs, it’s understandable that they lost.

One of the golden rules of tipping is to choose a talented yet underperforming side (dogs) that are up against a similar mid ranking outfit (saints) and have just spent the week getting monstered by the VFL media having just come off a game they should have won but didn’t against inferior opponents (dogs v Essendon last week).

I mean, the footy shows were tearing strips off Bevo and even some of the dogs players all week long, calling them soft and underachievers etc etc.

Stevie wonder could have seen this result coming. Poor Saints were sitting ducks after all the abuse Bevo and this squad of players took all week on sen, triple M and all the footy shows.

Have seen this happen over and over and over again in the AFL.

Often we are the ones at the receiving end, often v Carlton in recent times. Thank our lucky stars we face the dogs next week now. There won’t be a word of criticism for Bevo over the next 8 days and that’s exactly how we want it.

So true. Even Ross knew there would be a reaction. He came out on Tuesday praising Beveridge to try and take the heat off!

Nawww diddums. They had to fly over two weeks the equivalent amount of time that we spend flying just to Melbourne.

I was surprised that Lyon didn't mention when offered the chance to complain about the scheduling that when he coached at Fremantle it was very normal to travel twice in three games across around two weeks and nobody would accept that as an excuse then.

Best part of the game (other than the deathride) was watching Jones shake his head on the bench after getting subbed.

Played the best 7 touch game of all time and got dragged.
In fairness, he would know and is more likely shaking his head at his own performance. Nothing I saw in that action was saying he disagreed with the decision.

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
Matt Allison Knee 2 weeks
Hunter Clark Calf 1-2 weeks
Lance Collard Hamstring Test
Brad Crouch Knee 3-4 weeks
Paddy Dow Knee Test
Max Heath Concussion TBC
Liam Henry Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Max King Knee Test
Ben Paton Pectoral 1-2 weeks
Mason Wood Collarbone 2 weeks
James Van Es Ankle Test
Jimmy Webster Suspension Round 8

Saints musing King, Crouch, Henry and Wood from their B22, Dow and Webster fringe players as well. Combined with a 5 day break and a fired up Dogs, it’s understandable that they lost.
all back for when we play them

Ross must have thought another couple of branches of the Alien Society for Saints arrived last night.
Arrived and didn't leave.
Also forgot this Docker mantra. any one, anywhere, anytime.
Another classic from Dave footy cartoons.
1713515835419.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back